GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Great game for the USA.......congrats.

As for the complaining earlier on in this post that you should cheer for the country in whence you were born....balderdash.......I was born in the Republic of Alberta and I have always like the American Team as well as the Russians.........those are my 2 fav teams to be sure..........However, I like Canada to because my 2 fav prospects , Richards and Carter are there..........The main thing is too see great hockey!!

And American fans, ignore some of the bitterness against your team coming from some people.......simply sour grapes!!

Now, who too cheer for tomorrow?? Russia or America??? :yo:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Reilly311 said:
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but it looks to me like no one is talking about how awesome Montoya played.
I sure hope he's turned the corner in this tournament.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Reilly311 said:
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but it looks to me like no one is talking about how awesome Montoya played.

P.S. Kessel is god.

I wouldn't say Montoya was awesome. He didn't give up a softie or two, that's all. He's still giving up huge rebounds and against a team that chrashes the net like Canada does, it could be fatal.

I agree about Kessel though. He was fun to watch.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
adurn said:
Schremp is a Matthew Barnaby II just waiting to happen.
Matt is a great guy and worked all his life just to be able to play a role in the NHL. He never ever had hands like Robbie. Bad comparison.

I just hope Robbie has the same commitment to improving himself that Matt did. He needs to work on his skating, the first burst. He still has that churning start with the little hop. I was actually surprised that hasn't gone away since he's been in the OHL. Don't get me wrong, he's a fair skater once he gets going.

I'd say this is an area he could still improve through training. He could continue to improve and as one person suggested be a Brett Hull type sniper. Just needs to be a bit smoother skater and conserve his energy. The Hunter's seem to have done a good job of showing him the defensive end of his responsibilities. Hope he keeps improving here too.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
MrKnowNothing said:
Although Eriksson had a good game, I disagree. Salmonsson was the guy who was creating a lot on the line, setting up both goals.

Both had good games, along with Soderberg and Nilsson. I admit that I am biased, but I thought Salmonsson was Sweden's best player tonight.

Shocking...Pens fans saying Salmonsson was Sweden's best player and a Stars fan saying Eriksson was Sweden's best player ;) . They were both great, and I think it was a mistake for Sweden to try and spread out the offense over several lines. I think they might have fared better the entire tournament if they had played Salmonsson-Nilsson-Eriksson together the whole time. I still dont see what you saw from Soderberg in this game. He really wasn't that noticeable after the first period.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
He made a few nice plays later on, but I'd agree that he was better in the first.

I am Jack's Fish

SneakerPimp82 said:
Ditka vs. the USA WJC team, i say Ditka:235 USA WJC:3, I mean he's only one guy, they're gonna score a couple.

Whatr about Team USA against Mini-Ditka? What about that?

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Mark Fischel said:
Whatr about Team USA against Mini-Ditka? What about that?

Oh wait, I gotta change my vote, Ditka:183 USA WJC:4, again mini-Ditka's only one guy, so they're gonna score a couple. Now how about big Ditka vs. USA, Russia, Canada and Czech Republic WJC teams combined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad