GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
It's tough becuase the only time I have seen Sweded play it was against Canada, which didn't really give me a good read on anything about the Swedes, except that they can't play with Canada. However, it will be really interesting to see how the USA and Czechs do against Finalnd and Sweden so we can have a bit of a barometer on whether Canada's group was weak or if they really are as dominant as they have shown so far.

Either way I'll go 4-3 Swedes, I think the Americans are already broken.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm going with the Americans again on this one. I thought they'd rebound and trounce the Czech's and I was wrong. They have leadership problems, they have coaching problems, they have defensive problems, and they have goaltending problems. But, there are enough core players to feasibly ice a good team. I think they can click again, and return to the form that tookthem over Russia in Game 1.

Team USA has some time to regroup, shake off the Belarus embarassment, and get their act together.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I have to go with the Americans in a very close game until late. 3-2 Americans

Kessel, Fritsche, Stafford
Nilsson, Soderberg

USA POTG: Fritsche
SWE POTG: Rautio

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
2-3 USA

fritsche, kessel, schremp

Salmonsson with 2. He seems the only offensive force that is clicking on team sweden.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Happy New Year everyone!

Well, here is where the fun ends for the Swedish team. A quarterfinal is a respected result for this Swedish team, especially when playing team USA (even though they haven't been that convincing).

Prediction: 3-2 USA, Carl Söderberg and Robert Nilsson with the Swedish goals and David Rautio with an excellent game in net.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
cassius said:
Salmonsson with 2. He seems the only offensive force that is clicking on team sweden.

I don't agree with that. Söderberg, Videll and Nilsson all have decent skills, Bergfors probably even more but he's the youngest so he can't be relied on for offense in the same way as the others.

I predict it will be 5-2 to the US. In other words, a clear victory. Home advantage and greater depth is in their favour and swedish teams always choke anyway.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
ryz said:
It's tough becuase the only time I have seen Sweded play it was against Canada, which didn't really give me a good read on anything about the Swedes, except that they can't play with Canada. However, it will be really interesting to see how the USA and Czechs do against Finalnd and Sweden so we can have a bit of a barometer on whether Canada's group was weak or if they really are as dominant as they have shown so far.

Either way I'll go 4-3 Swedes, I think the Americans are already broken.

Well, the Swedes definitely got hammered by Canada, but who hasn't yet? We won't know how good Canada is until they lose or win this thing. Other than the Canada game, the Swedes have seemed to play very well. They've had two shutouts against Germany(didn't they tie the USA in ex.?) and Slovakia(who were no slouches) and seemed to have the game against Finland under control until a 5 minute major penalty against derailed those plans and they lost a close game. With these cross-over games I guess we will see how each pool matches up against each other.

I will predict a 4 - 2 USA win over Sweden.

and the Czech's 3 - 2 in a shoot-out.

Last edited:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
It comes down to who can play worse than the other team. Should be plenty of turnovers and sad goaltending. It could make for entertainment. I'm going to avoid making a prediction only hope that some of the bright lights on offense shine. I hope Nilsson puts on a show, I really like Stafford and Fritsche for the US. Bergfors was bumped to the first line last game with Fredriksson getting dropped.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
3-1 Sweden. Nilsson, Eriksson and Bergfors (EN) scorers for Sweden, Schremp for the US.

Does anyone know if this game will be broadcasted on web-radio, and if so, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad