GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
As much as I want to avoid playing against the Americans in the semis, I think they will beat Sweden. Unless .... I dunno ...

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
nomorekids said:
nevermind, 830 EST on espn2, tomorrow night.

Does it actually say that on your tivo, or did you read it on ralohs page. Becaus its still not listed on tv guide .com or my digital box.

Im goin to a bar to watch this, they better freakin show it over their sliver anniversary which is what is scheduled.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Im hoping for a USA win with soderburg and fredriksson racking up some points for sweden. So Ill say 7-5 US. A nice open fast paced back and forth game. ;)

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
It's about pride for the US now, playing in front of a home crowd. They will win this time, lets say 5-3.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
It depends on how they play. The goals seem to have dried up on Team USA at this point, and I think that this goes directly with the shaky goaltending. Everyone knew that the weakness of Team USA was going to be the defense but with the good goaltending on good shots and bad goaltending on weak ones, that is going to be eating away at the back of the minds of the players. If Montoya can turn on the lights upstairs and make a couple of good saves early on then the US will run away with the game, but if he lets in an early goal Sweden's confidence will surge and they will "upset" the US.

I'm having a hard time predicting specifically who will win because I just don't know what Montoya will show up. I don't know enough about him as to whether he can just turn it on at the last minute in a tournament like this because he was dominant the whole way through last year.

I'll say Team USA wins 4-2 with an empty netter, but if Montoya struggles it will be 3-1 Sweden.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
The Messenger said:
I say 3 -3 tie :D

btw. how these games are being solved? is there a shootout or overtime after overtime unltill someone scores?

For the tournament it would be the best that USA wins, because of the home crowd. Still I`ll predict Sweden will take this 3-2. There is too much pressure on USA by the public and media.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Im gonna say this before the game starts: Keep the thread clean, no attacks, no baiting and no stupid remarks that US is playing bad (you may make them of course but no stupid remarks).

Now I have that out of the way, enjoy the hockey which will be played.

Jazz

gib said:
btw. how these games are being solved? is there a shootout or overtime after overtime unltill someone scores?

For the tournament it would be the best that USA wins, because of the home crowd. Still I`ll predict Sweden will take this 3-2. There is too much pressure on USA by the public and media.

I'm guessing a 10 minute overtime (without resurfacing the ice) and then the shootout. It should be an intermission break (to allow a resurface of the ice), 20 minutes and then the shootout.

They can't play sudden death OT due to scheduling constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad