GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I am not worried about Sweden. This is a game we should win rather easily. I am expecting a 4 goal margin of victory. This will give the needed impetus to go and beat Russia (provided they make it) in the semi final and then on to play Canada!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
VOB said:
I am not worried about Sweden. This is a game we should win rather easily. I am expecting a 4 goal margin of victory. This will give the needed impetus to go and beat Russia (provided they make it) in the semi final and then on to play Canada!

Now that's a positive attitude! I like it! :bow:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Very close game, if Fritsche isin't playing I have serious conserns about US chances. USA didn't play well in the tournament, exept for the game against the Czechs...

I have the feeling that the US will win, but..I'll say..

4-3 Sweden

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
VOB said:

Ummmm, Russia already made it.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
yes they are. man people who overreact make me laugh so hard. not to mention get pissed that someone doesnt do something they want. the dont have to show any of these games. you should be greatfull they are. if you dont like, spend billions to own a tv station, then do what you want

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Darnit, late games on the other side of the globe is totally not good for my sleep rythm.

<- New Years Avatar for all you swedes out there!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
hehe, haven't watched that movie for many years now :)

Neither had I but I decided to watch it today. To my horror it had moved to TV3! :eek: :shakehead

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Interesting to listen to the pregame talk. I wonder which GM actually said that he only thinks that one guy on the swedish team might make it to the NHL. That is a pretty pessimistic view to have..

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Riddarn said:
Interesting to listen to the pregame talk. I wonder which GM actually said that he only thinks that one guy on the swedish team might make it to the NHL. That is a pretty pessimistic view to have..

hehe, yes.. even the super-crappy (on paper) Swedish 1996/1997 WJC roster has 3 NHLers (Josef Boumedienne, Kristian Huselius, Marcus Nilson).

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Go Sweden!

But granted the winner of this game will face Russia in the semifinal, I want Sweden and the USA to lose tonight ... sounds stupid I know!

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
nomorekids said:
it's on espn2 at 830. chill, my brother.
I think i'm within my rights not to chill, as they picked up the usa/czech game hte other day and did not televise it. furthermore, the was nothing on the dishnetwork guide.

of course I didn't get pissed until I read that they were showing competitive cheerleading...

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Predatore said:
hehe, yes.. even the super-crappy (on paper) Swedish 1996/1997 WJC roster has 3 NHLers (Josef Boumedienne, Kristian Huselius, Marcus Nilson).

Josef Boumedienne might actually play for Team Finland in the future, as he also has a Finnish passport :)
I'm not joking, apparently this is going to happen and Josef wants to play for the Finnish team.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Why exactly did they keep Schremp riding the pine? He's gotta be the most talented player on the ice.. that was a beautiful play he made

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Boucicaut said:
Josef Boumedienne might actually play for Team Finland in the future, as he also has a Finnish passport :)
I'm not joking, apparently this is going to happen and Josef wants to play for the Finnish team.

Old news my friend. But it doesn't take away the fact that he A: played on the swedish national junior team and B: was developed in the swedish junior system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad