GDT: GDT: Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
These will be your opening day lines minus Andrighetto, Sergachev and McCarron.

Byron should be ready for game 1 replacing McCarron. DD keeps getting dressed because that is his line now and MT wants them to get some chemistry seeing as Shaw's been suspended.

McCarron will be this teams first call up in case of injury. If Andrighetto does nothing to prove himself as the 13th forward tonight, his days are numbered. MB will try to find the right deal to move him and make way for Flynn as #13.

I don't see Sergachev getting 9 games, makes no sense at this point.. just let him play out the pre-season and get him ready for another season in the OHL. We will see Pateryn in his spot.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Because he's our 3rd line centre so he should continue to practice with the 3rd line in pre-season games.

Plekanec is our 2nd line center, and he did practice with the 2nd line in preseason game.

But he didn't play ALL FRIGGIN GAMES.

Would've been awesome to see Danault at C, actually.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Plekanec is our 2nd line center, and he did practice with the 2nd line in preseason game.

Maybe because Plekanec played in the world cup???

And DD's line is the line that we knew the less how it would looked like before preseason.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agreed...you have to think they're just trying to give him as much NHL exposure as possible before he heads back down.

The Habs have 7 capable Dmen on the NHL roster and another in the AHL who could play as well (Barberio).

Unless MB has a trade lined up to free up minutes for a guy like Sergachev to play, I'm sure he'll be sent back down after tonight's game, regardless of performance.

Bealieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Redmond

should be what the D looks like heading into this year.

I say keep Sergachev around for up to 9 games, then send him back to Windsor, unless of course he blows everyone away!

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think everyone's fate is decided yet. If Sergachev has a monster game tonight he'll end up staying for at least 9 games IMO. They want to keep him up... we need another puck rushing dman with PK gone.

Ghetto is getting a golden opportunity tonight. No excuses. He better be flying.

Last time we see Condon is a Habs uniform.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Danault - Mitchell - Byron were awesome together, that line will play a ton of defensive matchups so I don't see the point in breaking them up.

I won't be surprised to see the 3rd/4th lines play pretty even minutes at even strength.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe because Plekanec played in the world cup???

And DD's line is the line that we knew the less how it would looked like before preseason.

I think to anyone who understands hockey is that contending teams don't have players of DD's quality. He is a fish out of water on this team because he is too small, too slow, too soft to help this team win 4 rounds of playoff hockey.

He should be sent packing

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't think everyone's fate is decided yet. If Sergachev has a monster game tonight he'll end up staying for at least 9 games IMO. They want to keep him up... we need another puck rushing dman with PK gone.

Ghetto is getting a golden opportunity tonight. No excuses. He better be flying.

Last time we see Condon is a Habs uniform.

Ghetto better convince brass that he is top 6 material because he has had a very average camp. If he had a 2 way contract he would have already been cut (waivers is the only reason he is still here)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I am convinced Habs brass wants the 18 year old on the team

I believe so. I don't think they have anything against Pateryn, but they really want Sergachev to get a good look at the pro game so that he's prepared for next year at the very least.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Andrighetto being showcased for a package deal with Condon.

Book it.

i said the exact same thing... Pretty sure pacioretty is being healthy scratch to expose Andrighetto on the 1st line and will be packed with condon. pacioretty played in the World cup and also played alot with gallagher and chucky, he doesnt realy need that last pre season match. my guess is ghetto and condon to the ducks vs mid round pick and B prospect still in junior league!

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Does anyone know if this game will be streamed on game center? I'll be missing most of the game but I'd like to watch the whole thing.

eddie416

Nov 23, 2015
I hear Beaulieu has looked really good this pre-season, looks like he cemented a spot with Weber. Do you guys see him getting PP time? What do you see in terms of points for him this year?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I hope Sergachev plays well but also doesn't make this team. No harm in playing in the NHL at 19 after 2 good junior years. Not uncommon to find a lot of 18 year old D making NHL that end up not developing well.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I hear Beaulieu has looked really good this pre-season, looks like he cemented a spot with Weber. Do you guys see him getting PP time? What do you see in terms of points for him this year?

it was pretty obvious that beaulieu would of step up, said it a long time ago, Subban was kinda holding beaulieu out. beaulieu has been playing a more conservative game trying to be reliable on his own end and trying to make a good pass thats it. with subban gone he knows he needs to drive the puck in the offensive zone and he has done it thru out his junior career, beaulieu is an top notch skater, with a great first pass, he kinda lack shooting power but pairing him with weber will help him stacks some points for sure. only thing with beaulieu is he seems to have brain freeze on some type of plays sometime but playing with weber will help his confidence. remember when he played with gonchar he played his best hockey! i see beaulieu hitting close to 40pts this season 4-5goals 35ish passes.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I hope Sergachev plays well but also doesn't make this team. No harm in playing in the NHL at 19 after 2 good junior years. Not uncommon to find a lot of 18 year old D making NHL that end up not developing well.

i hope the deal is to make him play 9 games and send him in junior for high minutes and a chance at the memorial cup no matter what! Sergachev has impressed but still has thing to work, hes realy too static when defending and his positionning in defensive zone AND offensive zone has alot to work to do! playing those 9 games will help him know what he needs to work on! he needs to learn to defend while still being on movement, MANY times i saw him get beat being static and just try to puck check the guy, he need to do that while doing a pivot because in the NHL its only a matter of half a second and the guy is gone. on the other side he has an incredible sense of driving the puck, when he decides hes bringing the puck in the offensize zone nothing can stop him, he protects the puck very well with his range and has a good vision for it! good first pass too!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
i hope the deal is to make him play 9 games and send him in junior for high minutes and a chance at the memorial cup no matter what!

Not sure i understand the no matter what. Let's say after 9 games Sergachev is playing like a bonafide top 4. Why would we send him back to junior? Having a guy like him on the 3rd pairing is a plus if he proves to be ready.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

He's going to get powerplay time for sure.
If he plays with Weber all year, I see him getting 40+ pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3