GDT: GDT: Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

He'll be a beaut when he makes it, but a half season in the A on the top line wouldn't hurt. Let him develop during the season so he's fully ready to replace DD when the playoffs roll around.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
He'll be a beaut when he makes it, but a half season in the A on the top line wouldn't hurt. Let him develop during the season so he's fully ready to replace DD when the playoffs roll around.

Or let Danault be the 3C and have both 2 AHL All-star with Ice Caps :)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I think McCarron's faith is pretty much sealed, which is too bad because the third C position was within reach. But he was so invisible vs Boston in a very physical game that was perfect for him to make his case.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Just reading the tea leaves, I would have thought that if Ghetto was still vying for a spot, other than as 13th forward, they would have played him on the third instead of Carr rather than using him as a placeholder for Max.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Just reading the tea leaves, I would have thought that if Ghetto was still vying for a spot, other than as 13th forward, they would have played him on the third instead of Carr rather than using him as a placeholder for Max.

yeah im thinking he's pretty much an extra forward now. The lines are pretty much set I would think.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's becoming increasingly clear that the extra players will be

Sven Andrighetto
Brian Flynn
Zack Redmond

Condon will get waived, McCarron sent down

Only question is Sergachev and his status...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
god I'm pumped to see Kopitar in a Habs uni!

Ghetto will have a good game tonight.

People are dismissing him way too early imo.

Could have had him, y'know. Only...

Can't say Ghetto isn't being given a second chance. Hopefully he gives them a reason to keep him on. And Big Mac on the wing. Stay away from Martin and I predict a good showing.

(AndrigettintradedforanAHLdefenseman)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Andrighetto is definitely the 13th forward right now but he'll get his chances. There will be nights where Carr or Lehkonen sits for him.

Not sure about Sergachev. I don't see the point of the "9 games". The Habs have 7 vets that can get the job done.

If it was me, Sergachev goes down after tonight's game.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Andrighetto is definitely the 13th forward right now but he'll get his chances. There will be nights where Carr or Lehkonen sits for him.

Not sure about Sergachev. I don't see the point of the "9 games". The Habs have 7 vets that can get the job done.

Agreed...you have to think they're just trying to give him as much NHL exposure as possible before he heads back down.

The Habs have 7 capable Dmen on the NHL roster and another in the AHL who could play as well (Barberio).

Unless MB has a trade lined up to free up minutes for a guy like Sergachev to play, I'm sure he'll be sent back down after tonight's game, regardless of performance.

Bealieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Redmond

should be what the D looks like heading into this year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Could have had him, y'know. Only...

Can't say Ghetto isn't being given a second chance. Hopefully he gives them a reason to keep him on. And Big Mac on the wing. Stay away from Martin and I predict a good showing.

(AndrigettintradedforanAHLdefenseman)

oh yeah I think ghetto's the 13th forward but I think people just seem to think he doesn't have a future based on a few preseason games.

He very well could be traded at some point. I'm not too sure what his future will be I just think it's a little premature to relegate him to the waste bin just yet.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
oh yeah I think ghetto's the 13th forward but I think people just seem to think he doesn't have a future based on a few preseason games.

He very well could be traded at some point. I'm not too sure what his future will be I just think it's a little premature to relegate him to the waste bin just yet.

I wouldn't but if he continues to play soft he can rot. I wouldn't set the tone for the year by having (another) floater in the lineup.

And I would call up Mac in case of an injury on the wing, and keep Ghetto hungry for a few weeks yet.

But what MT wants is reliable old Flynn. So it's a moo point. The food bowl is in the dog house with Sven's name on it. Depending on how he plays tonight he could be put outside.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Exactly my thinking unless....a move is coming. Pateryn sitting makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'd sit freakin Emelin ahead of him. But one thing I'd do before is send Serg in Juniors. Will he learn a lot of things? Probably not. Maybe ask him to concentrate more in the defensive aspect of the game yet, even if he wouldn't, he'd still be much better than anybody else. But I'd put him down there. Yet again, you find a way to drop Emelin, and you keep the kid.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Won't be able to catch the game but looking forward for reports about the defensive pairings. Markov - Petry makes as much sense as Weber - Beaulieu.

Seems like Andrighetto, Carr and Lehkonen will be making the team (one will obviously be the 13th forward), so basically a 3rd round pick, an undrafted player and a 2nd round pick will start the season in the NHL. It will be easier to judge in hindsight, but I don't know if it's because the team lacks depth or is good at drafting (we know Montreal is at the top in terms of drafting future NHL-ers). Time will tell.

Exactly my thinking unless....a move is coming. Pateryn sitting makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'd sit freakin Emelin ahead of him. But one thing I'd do before is send Serg in Juniors. Will he learn a lot of things? Probably not. Maybe ask him to concentrate more in the defensive aspect of the game yet, even if he wouldn't, he'd still be much better than anybody else. But I'd put him down there. Yet again, you find a way to drop Emelin, and you keep the kid.

Emelin gets underrated nowadays because of his salary but he's still valuable and in front of Pateryn on the depth chart. Since it's safe to assume that Sergachev will go back to Juniors at some point, there's no need to drop Emelin as him and Pateryn will be in the lineup. Depth is also important ; last year proved it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad