GDT: GDT: Game 17 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings| 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleary top 3 in ice time for forwards yet again.

I always forget Dan Cleary is a top 3 forward

:laugh::help::shakehead:tvhappy::thumbd::banana:

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
...and with that, had the season ended today, we'd be officially out of the playoffs. IMO, right where we belong.

When is this team going to stop using injuries as a crutch? When is Babcock going to show even the slightest hint that he actually knows what he's doing and isn't playing favorites? When is somebody, ANYBODY going to step up, get mad, and act like they even CARE?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
In this thread:

"WE WANT YOUNG GUYS TO PLAY"

straight to

"****ING LASHOFF IS WORTHLESS"

Even though he's not, and plays a solid defensive game. He's a 22-year old ROOKIE being thrust into effectively a top-pairing role. But let's just forget that. If Brunner had dropped that puck back to the point like any sane human not trying to force a shot on goal, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Aug 6, 2012
...and with that, had the season ended today, we'd be officially out of the playoffs. IMO, right where we belong.

When is this team going to stop using injuries as a crutch? When is Babcock going to show even the slightest hint that he actually knows what he's doing and isn't playing favorites? When is somebody, ANYBODY going to step up, get mad, and act like they even CARE?

Datsyuk two nights ago, but the team didn't seem to respond.

Aug 6, 2012
In this thread:

straight to

Even though he's not, and plays a solid defensive game. If Brunner had dropped that puck back to the point like any sane human not trying to force a shot on goal, this wouldn't even be an issue.

He hasn't played a solid defensive game since the third game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd rather ice a line of Dick Axelsson-Datsyuk-Johan Ryno than watch Datsyuk skate around and dangle playing with Cleary and Abby. My god they are worthless on a scoring line.

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Looking at the forward leaders in ice-time this season, and seeing Danny freaking Clearly up there on page 3 right smack next to Marian Hossa is disgusting.

Can we please see Datsyuk and Tatar on the same line next game? I love how Babcock is limiting Tatar to 11 minutes a night, great job Babs!

We have won 7 games of out 17 thus far. :handclap:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Nyquist looks weak on the puck then what the hell does Mursak look like to you guys? Whenever he goes to the boards I feel like I am watching WWE.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Tootoo, Ericsson, Tatar and White (when's he's healthy) have all brought it every time they're on the ice. Cleary cares, he's just terrible and has been for a couple seasons now. I'll even give props to Emmerton, who at least seems to be quicker and on the puck more than he was last year.

Miller is meh, Abdelkader would be great as a 4th line wing.

Flippula is the one who really has disappeared from making a difference or showing any intensity ( not that he ever did). Kronwall is playing in situations way beyond his capabilities.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Someone hasn't been watching the games and only looking at the stat lines...

:nono:

I've seen every second of Red Wing hockey this season and I can say with complete confidence that Lashoff has no business playing in the top 4. The only defenceman who's played worse than him in our own end is Kronwall.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
In this thread:

straight to

Even though he's not, and plays a solid defensive game. He's a 22-year old ROOKIE being thrust into effectively a top-pairing role. But let's just forget that. If Brunner had dropped that puck back to the point like any sane human not trying to force a shot on goal, this wouldn't even be an issue.

That's what upsets me the most, Lashoff would a decent 6th/7th guy and a borderline top 4 guy when our blue line is decimated with injuries but Babs keep playing him in the ****ing top pairing even though he doesn't ****ing belong there.
Same goes for the Cleary hate, no one is nearly as upset as they are with Cleary if he played a limited 4th line role.
But Babs is too ****ing blind to see it, and will keep playing his favorite players no matter what.

Coaches always overstay their welcome sooner or later, it seems to me like Babcock's time is at or nearing an end.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I've seen every second of Red Wing hockey this season and I can say with complete confidence that Lashoff has no business playing in the top 4. The only defenceman who's played worse than him in our own end is Kronwall.

No, I agree that Lashoff shouldn't have started, nor should he currently be in the top-4.

However, "He's worthless" and "He's nothing but a career AHLer" are beyond ridiculous statements.

That's what upsets me the most, Lashoff would a decent 6th/7th guy and a borderline top 4 guy when our blue line is decimated with injuries but Babs keep playing him in the ****ing top pairing even though he doesn't ****ing belong there.
Same goes for the Cleary hate, no one is nearly as upset as they are with Cleary if he played a limited 4th line role.
But Babs is too ****ing blind to see it, and will keep playing his favorite players no matter what.

Coaches always overstay their welcome sooner or later, it seems to me like Babcock's time is at or nearing an end.

And that's something that needs to be checked at the door too, this insane fear of Babcock. He's nothing but a man.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I am a huge Wings supporter and even I was left speechless after this loss. I was literally shaking my head for five minutes straight after the BJ's got the GWG. This crap is becoming extremely hard to stomach.

WTF was Howard doing on the GWG? He was falling down before Prospal even had the puck on his stick. Beside his 45 save performance against the Kings, he is looking very bad out there. Soft goals let in all over the place. He's playing very small and with no confidence. Not that the team in front of him is any good either.

:pullhair::surrender

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
This isn't worth watching anymore. This team is undisciplined and not coachable, as they keep on making the same mistakes over and over again. Turnover after turnover after turnover after turnover. Letting themselves get outworked and out hustled. Nobody steps in to clear the crease. I'm done for the season.

mod

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Holy ****, you guys need to take a break from watching the Wings. Seriously.

Why all the anger? Why the hate?

It's a game.

You're supposed to be enjoying it. If you aren't, take up painting or stamp collecting.

Aug 6, 2012
Someone hasn't been watching the games and only looking at the stat lines...

:nono:

Whatever you say.

I've watched mostly every game and I can tell you Lashoff hasn't played well since his third or so game. The guy has been caught out of position countless times in the defensive zone. He's not an NHL-caliber Dman yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad