GDT: GDT: Game 17 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings| 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Enough with supporting him!!! he done well, his time is up just like a player! Lashoff is only on the team because of hollands short comings as a GM! not covering any of the lost d men had had leaving!
How can any one say this is not his fault? He has done NOTHING TO IMPROVE THIS TEAM IN YEARS!!!!! And we are seeing the result of it right now.

Lashoff is on the team because Babcock loves him. Just like he loves Dan Cleary...so much so that he got more icetime tonight than Tatar and Mursak combined.

We are blowing 2 goal leads left and right and our coach keeps putting the same guys out there over and over again.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
There are some games you can complain about the officiating. This is not one of them. We are getting away with just as much.
officiating was surprisingly lax.

How many times has Detroit pissed away the lead? I think I have seen it in 80% of these games.
5 times

CBJ, STL, anaheim, minnesota, CBJ

but 4 of last 5 games

so, how many times have gotten out to a 2 goal lead and lost now?
three times

STL, minnesota, CBJ

Bink

Feb 7, 2012
I can live with Brunner's turnover on the last goal even against Columbus. He's a Swiss kid coming over in his rookie year in the NHL. It's a lot of pressure.

Those are growing pains even though they cost us the game. He's had a few defensive gaffs that have lost us the game. If i recall correctly, one of the last games against the blues he made an error that resulted in the blues scoring the OT winner.

It is funny that we can't hold a 2 goal lead though. yeesh. The power play is the main issue. Something drastic needs to be done at this point to fix it.

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
And the Red Wings Comedy show conitinues. Wtf was that? Another gd 2 goal lead blown. Agaisnt the *** Jackets, ffs. Lashoff needs to get off this roster asap. I know were banged up real bad, but time to try someone else. Brunner......I have no clue what was going through his mind on that last play. As for Howard, why the hell is he going down so early all the time? I'm lost for words after that debacle.

Aug 6, 2012
Time to get our 2 goal lead and then blow it in a matter of two minutes.

Not to toot my horn or anything, but I saw this coming :)

Babcock is a joke. He sucks. There I said it. Fire him. Get Ruff. Babcock has lost his mind. He's been given a 2 goal lead plenty of times this year and his dumb decisions screw us over. A shell of what he used to be. He's done here, its obvious.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Wow!!! The Red Wings were supposed to have a tough time this year but WOW they suck right now. How many time in a row can you blow a 2goal lead??????? This isn't red wing hockey. This is $#!+

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Easy now everyone. No Bert, Franzen, Brendan, Carlo and Helm. That hurts a lot

We are losing multiple-goal leads against teams that we should be beating - even with the injuries. We are seeing our team make one costly turnover after another.

Now is the time to be pissed off as fans of this team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not to toot my horn or anything, but I saw this coming :)

Babcock is a joke. He sucks. There I said it. Fire him. Get Ruff. Babcock has lost his mind. He's been given a 2 goal lead plenty of times this year and his dumb decisions screw us over. A shell of what he used to be. He's done here, its obvious.

Ruff is the same guy, with the same ideas.

RedWingsNow*

If Babcock were to go, the team could use a "Boudreau" type players coach just to change things up for a bit. Until the team is ready to win again. Then you bring an ballbuster

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Lashoff is on the team because Babcock loves him. Just like he loves Dan Cleary...so much so that he got more icetime tonight than Tatar and Mursak combined.

We are blowing 2 goal leads left and right and our coach keeps putting the same guys out there over and over again.

It is getting old, they have no good NHL players to put in because Holland did not get any. You can't teach old slow crap new tricks! it is that simple. He has done a fantastic job over the years but is done, the game has moved on just like it has for players like Cleary, and so on. The team needed to change for years now and nothing was done to do it! everybody drank the Koolaid of over priced, we like our team, it just was not a good fit.

If we as a fan base do not call a spade a spade nothing will get done to fix the problem. Babs has even gone as far as coming out in the media calling for bigger younger faster, What did he get? Old bring crap back, trade a first for crap to try and cover no D help.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Just read of Khan's twitter feed: Babcock said Quincey rolled his ankle, will know more tomorrow. It's been a frustrating season, but if we lose another guy...it's just nuts. There comes a point where you just get through the games and wait until you're healthy enough to be an actual hockey team again.

MScoutsDCI

Nov 17, 2008
Detroit
As far as the power play, why the **** does Babcock still have Brunner on the point? Isn't he a no-brainer for the Hull/Stamkos spot in the left circle?

Aug 6, 2012
It is getting old, they have no good NHL players to put in because Holland did not get any. You can't teach old slow crap new tricks! it is that simple. He has done a fantastic job over the years but is done, the game has moved on just like it has for players like Cleary, and so on. The team needed to change for years now and nothing was done to do it! everybody drank the Koolaid of over priced, we like our team, it just was not a good fit.

If we as a fan base do not call a spade a spade nothing will get done to fix the problem. Babs has even gone as far as coming out in the media calling for bigger younger faster, What did he get? Old bring crap back, trade a first for crap to try and cover no D help.

Babcock has an average roster, but he has two superstar two-way centers. Make whatever excuses you want for the guy. Blowing 2 goal leads consistently is unacceptable.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I would be a lot happier if the young guys were playing so they get experience and we could see what the Wings have coming down the line.

Instead you've got Dan ****ing Cleary ******** the bed all over the ice for more TOI than Tatar and Mursak combined. You've got Flip playing on the outside, refusing to shoot, not taking the body, doing nothing. Samuelsson will do nothing when he returns. Bert is probably as good as done.

And the best Dman all season has been Ericsson. Now, I like his game but that's not going to cut it. This lineup, even when healthy, is seriously flawed. And that's 100% on Ken Holland

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
I would be a lot happier if the young guys were playing so they get experience and we could see what the Wings have coming down the line.

Instead you've got Dan ****ing Cleary ******** the bed all over the ice for more TOI than Tatar and Mursak combined. You've got Flip playing on the outside, refusing to shoot, not taking the body, doing nothing. Samuelsson will do nothing when he returns. Bert is probably as good as done.

And the best Dman all season has been Ericsson. Now, I like his game but that's not going to cut it. This lineup, even when healthy, is seriously flawed. And that's 100% on Ken Holland

I couldn't have said it better.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

They have plenty of good players. Tatar and Mursak looked great out there, Babs played them for 10 min or less. Tootoo was throwing the body, forechecking like crazy and drew a penalty, his reward....7 minutes of ice-time. If the team was good enough to jump out to a 2 goal lead, they were good enough to keep it too.

Ericsson has been our best defenceman all season and when the game is on the line he's on the bench while a rookie with a +/- way in the negative is out there covering nobody.

They can fire Holland if they want, but it won't fix the problem...Babcock needs to go, if the problem persists then look at firing management.

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
I can live with Brunner's turnover on the last goal even against Columbus. He's a Swiss kid coming over in his rookie year in the NHL. It's a lot of pressure.

Those are growing pains even though they cost us the game. He's had a few defensive gaffs that have lost us the game. If i recall correctly, one of the last games against the blues he made an error that resulted in the blues scoring the OT winner.

It is funny that we can't hold a 2 goal lead though. yeesh. The power play is the main issue. Something drastic needs to be done at this point to fix it.

The turnover was more of a heck of a play by Wisniewski than anything. Brunner got back and covered his guy. Not much more you can ask for, that goal wasn't really on him.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012

This is well said, but Babcock deserves some of the blame as well. His lineup decisions have been very questionable from the start this year and have almost progressively gotten worse with each game.

Brian Lashoff is simply not a top-4 or PP defenseman and Dan Cleary is simply not an effective top-6 forward (or any kind of forward for that matter), yet Babcock continues to give those two in particular key minutes. It is mind-boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad