Post-Game Talk: gdt for game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’ve seen a few posts asking about line changes .
I think the players who got the jerseys tonight will get them in game two but we are still experimenting on defense with kempny injury

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah Vrana and Connolly are no bueno together. They aren't even looking for each other and when they do, they cant even hit the other stick. Or even close to the stick.

The line didnt look so bad in the first but that was because Eller was putting in a herculean effort in the first

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I feel like there should be line changes, but idk if you do that after a win?
Definitely should. Can't play Connolly/Vrana 12 minutes (or together probably). Or the #6D 8 minutes. Or the fourth line ~six minutes.

Score effects and whatnot impacted some of their rhythm but the whole muddling D pair thing is awkward as hell and part of why their breakout suck.

Reactions: shtorm2005

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They are a big team. They should try and play big. Svechnikov is only 19 and showed alot getting blindsided off his feet into the boards and coming back to score 2 nice goals. Williams looked like their best player.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Gotta support each other better against Canes super fast and aggressive pressure.

Cant do lazy or blind passes, gotta create seperation without the puck better on the breakout. Canes eat that up.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Definitely should. Can't play Connolly/Vrana 12 minutes (or together probably). Or the #6D 8 minutes. Or the fourth line ~six minutes.

Score effects and whatnot impacted some of their rhythm but the whole muddling D pair thing is awkward as hell and part of why their breakout suck.

The Carlson experiment needs to end. Play him with Djoos and move on

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Impressive game from Svech. 1st game 2 nice goals. Maybe watch him closer next time? :eviltongu

Lets get a LHD on him next time he comes down RW. May was just talking about Carlson getting worked on his offside on the 1st goal. I still contend Djoos and Carlson forced to play offside on other pairs, hurt. Djoos bailed towards the net and Carlson game over late... whats the rule, both stay offside when getting the odd shift together

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Meanwhile. Kuzy snooze continues. No more whining about Backstrom playing with Ovechkin

Reality check -- the Caps won the Cup with Kuz playing with Ovi. That's always going to be an option. Backstrom individually had a great game, but none of the lines generated much, so changes are likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad