WC: GDT: Czechs vs Latvia

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Another embarassment for us great

Lets hope that point will be enough for qf, cause Swiss and Canada are going to blow us aways like nothing ...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Congrats to Latvia! You guys earned it today. Our defense has serious problems. Too much confusion, poor coverage, lack of skating, bad decision making etc. Goaltender needs to be changed. For all the criticism of Sobotka, I thought he wasn't too bad today.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This was a complete bad legs day, one point is good for us at the end. Latvia was the better skating team for the whole game and deservedly took the extra point. The one point we are taking can actually be important regarding the QF spot. But a very bad game overall, the whole team was looking strange. Tired, nervous, uncomfortable. I don't know if it was just this game or they really aren't capable of better skating, but with performances like this, they would barely deserve a QF spot.

Reactions: martygod12

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
They are a likable group.
No doubt. Plus I had two Latvian girlfriends I am still in touch with, I love the country and their women! But as a Czech, I don’t have to be actively happy for them defeating us. But I am pleased for them generally, I like them and we all know they were better than us today.

5am in Japan now. I am going to work in 3 hours. Wish I had stayed up for a victory :)

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Another embarassment for us great

Lets hope that point will be enough for qf, cause Swiss and Canada are going to blow us aways like nothing ...
No they won’t. Ridiculous to judge by this game. We beat Slovakia in regulation, Canada did not but Canada defeated Latvia 6-0. Which means…. Nothing for our upcoming games.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Wow what a great game.

I missed most of Slovakia Canada today, as I was at work and then I listened to the last period on my drive home, quickly ran from the parking lot home to catch the OT and shootout.

This game was super entertaining and made up for me missing the Slovakia Canada showdown. OT was thrilling and could have gone either way. Good game to both teams.

On another note, this makes the group interesting because now Latvia is still very much in it.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Congratulations to Latvia on beating the Czechs for the first time at the Men's senior level of the World Hockey Championship. I watched the game on TSN when they showed a replay of a Latvian hockey fan celebrating the win with his gut coming out and his pants nearly dropped from his waist...LMAO Anyways, a great win for Latvia over Czechia to cap off 3/4 games that went into extra time at the Worlds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad