WC: GDT: Czechs vs Latvia

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Big game for both our nations!

Latvia needs to get winning and pull an upset to get to quarters. This is their best chance at an upset. I expect them to come our flying!

Czechs are down 2 of our top 6 players - Chytil with a 'gum injury' and Chlapik with a 'upper body injuyr' (eg. concussed).

I also believe this will be our 3rd goalie in 3 games making us the only nation that is rotating 3 goalies like a public school playday. You get a ribbon and you get a ribbon! Everyone gets a ribbon.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Screenshot_2023-05-15-18-07-34-74_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Hrubec again 😯 ... omg why they love him so much. He is so average goalie ....

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Vejmelka must be livid, and rightfully so. So many weird selection decisions this year. Let’s not have Kari in Prague next year.

As for the game, I normally expect a tight game against Latvia which we win in the end. But with all the injuries we have and Kari’s insanity, who knows. Still, as I am an optimistic Czech as always, I predict a 2-1 victory.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
View attachment 708866
Hrubec again 😯 ... omg why they love him so much. He is so average goalie ....
Honestly, if Vejmelka is not hurt than this is brutal! We are the only nation to bring an NHL goalie and not play him. Infuriating.

Dvorak ahead of Zboril...lol

We are missing two key forwards in Chlapik and Chytil and the forward group still looks pretty good!

Latvia is desperate for a win and we are on a back to back... feels like a great opportunity for them to beat us. I'm expecting a 3-2 type game.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Vejmelka must be livid, and rightfully so. So many weird selection decisions this year. Let’s not have Kari in Prague next year.

As for the game, I normally expect a tight game against Latvia which we win in the end. But with all the injuries we have and Kari’s insanity, who knows. Still, as I am an optimistic Czech as always, I predict a 2-1 victory.
This is it for me... we invite NHL goalies and bench them. Why would any want to come? I honestly better hear he is hurt. If they've deciced he's the 3 than they shouldn't have invited him at all. What a waste.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
They appearently don't believe in Vejmelka. I don't think he is any super class goalie but I would give him a chance. Of course I am not with the team, I don't see the goalies in practice, off the ice and so on. But based purely on Vejmelka's performances for Arizona this season, I would give him at least some game. Yes, he can be pretty inconsistent, but so is Hrubec. I don't mind he is from NHL and the other two are from Europe, this shouldn't play any role. But I simply think he is probably better than Hrubec and approximately on the same level with Langhamer. But again: I am not with the team, so it is really hard to make any judgements.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Latvia with Silovs back in net and new forward lines. After two games, Vitolins finally admits the team does not have enough skill to roll 4 competitive lines. Balcers - Abols - Daugavins is the new 1st line. Smirnovs - Kenins - T.Andersons; Dzierkals - Batna - Ro.Bukarts; Indrasis - Dzerins - Ri.Bukarts.

We need an upset to have any chance at QF. Swiss team with Fiala and Hischier is probably out of reach. Let's hope for a close game and that Latvia can score more than once.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
This is it for me... we invite NHL goalies and bench them. Why would any want to come? I honestly better hear he is hurt. If they've deciced he's the 3 than they shouldn't have invited him at all. What a waste.
Not just any NHL goalie. A really good NHL goalie. Ridiculous.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not just any NHL goalie. A really good NHL goalie. Ridiculous.
Probably one of our positions of strength and we are going with an over 30 year old Journeyman who has never won a thing for us. Good goalie, nice guy but this isanity. Nothing about that Slovakia game (or the last Olympics) showed me that we need Hrubec.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Latvia with a nice start... I really don't have a great feeling going into this. Hrubec with a great save as I type this. Been all Latvia so far.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Latvia with a nice start... I really don't have a great feeling going into this. Hrubec with a great save as I type this. Been all Latvia so far.
I said it. This is gonna be extremely hard match to win. I would be okay with even two points from this.

Latvia at home and need to win. They will fly like crazy there tonight

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kostalek really likes to shoot!

Latvia's goalie has more NHL experience than ours in case anyone was wondering.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I said it. This is gonna be extremely hard match to win. I would be okay with even two points from this.

Latvia at home and need to win. They will fly like crazy there tonight
They look great so far... no Chytil or Chlapik, back to back.. we are poised for a loss. It's going to be close for sure. Hope we pull it out.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
They look great so far... no Chytil or Chlapik, back to back.. we are poised for a loss. It's going to be close for sure. Hope we pull it out.
Hopefully, I mean we can swing the qf probably even if we got 12 points after the 5games. But would be nice to have it secured before the two last tough matches with Swiss and Canada

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Hrubec sucks. How he made the team is beyond me.

We have an NHL goalie, but no, let's play Hrubec. LOL. Can't make this up.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I almost feel bad for Latvia.. outplaying us and we score first.

Silovs looked rough there.

4th line goal!

On a good note: Zboril, Kostalik and now Nemecek have all scored a goal from our D.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Smejkal is definitley affected by his injuries.. he's nowhere near as noticeable as he usually is. Huge fan of his.. hoping he gets used to the visor or gets a cage or something. He's better than this for sure.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia taking Canada to OT... that really wasn't good for the Latvian chances at all.

PP coming up... dont think the fans liked how long we passed it around on the delay.lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
On a yearly "let's complain about pronunciations" note, calling Shilovs "Silovs" but Zile "Zhile" is kinda funny. It's like 50/50 name randomizer :laugh:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Smejkal is definitley affected by his injuries.. he's nowhere near as noticeable as he usually is. Huge fan of his.. hoping he gets used to the visor or gets a cage or something. He's better than this for sure.
Also dont like how "invisible" the first line look since they lost Chytil. Even in the Kazakhs game, after Chytil had they didnt had almost anything at 5on5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad