GDT: Czech Republic vs. Finland, Feb. 18, 9.00 PM Torino, 3.00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
trippyime said:
Ramming a guy's head into the boards just isn't cool. I don't care what league or what rules. I don't stand for head shots.

I'm not saying head shots are ok. I'm saying it was basically a side-to-side hit that unintentionally led to Jagr's head going into the boards.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Starshollow said:
there wasnt shoulder to shoulder, it was shoulder/elbow towards the head

Did you even see the hit? He didnt hit near Jagr's head. His head hit the boards. Nor did he hit with an elbow

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Pretty goog game, the hit kind of messed things up though. Z is absolutely deadly, we consider him half Finn anyway :)

Hope Jagr is OK, I love watching him play. I see no reason to crucify Ruutu over that.

And could we have an NHL ref please, please! Anderson doesn't call the obvious holding and hooking, yet somehow manages to find ways to penalize both teams for something that wasn't a call at all or something that should've been a call on another team (the Erat dive). And no that was not boarding.

Selänne!!!! 3-2.

Wetcoaster

Bad play by Vokoun. A goal should not be scored from the goal line.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Epsilon said:
It's not like he was skating up-ice with his head down and Ruutu met him at full speed crossing the blueline or something. He was stationary digging around along the boards for the puck. Ruutu could have come in to try and take the puck, tried to get body position on Jagr, or tried to bump him out of the way. Instead he came in looking for the hit that would cause the maximum injury to Jagr.

"Jarkko Ruutu should be nice and try to stickcheck Jagr because Jagr likes Kit Kat Bars, and also puppies and kittens..."

That penalty was *********, but I guess the Finns will take it in the end if Jagr is out.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Borlag said:
It wasn't a boarding but it was a very blatant charging penalty. Ruutu came at him full speed. True Jagr did duck and that made the situation even worse, but the fact remains that he did charge to make that bodycheck. On top of this, Jagr was fighting for the puck with another finn and there was absolutely 0 need for any kind of bodycheck.
Theres alot of checks that are thrown where a guy is fighting for the puck and he just gets leveled and they dont see the hit coming. IE Scott Stevens as a prime example. With a NHL legal helmet I doubt Jagr gets split open and maybe doesnt get injured at all

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Starshollow, seriously. My roommate and I have been watching the hit frame-by-frame. Ruutu does not his with his elbow. Contact is made with the upper arm between the elbow and the shoulder onto Jagr's shoulder.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Selänne !!!

Starshollow: I think flaming others is against the rules so maybe someone else should get off the boards. Im not saying who though

Telecaster

Aug 18, 2005
Stockholm
trippyime said:
I love your name, and I love your avatar. Well done!

Just had to say that.

Thanks. I love your avatar, can i touch? Pretty please? ;) I would really like to touch her. Scarlett for he win!

Jerry, thats in Sweden!

Predonater

Dec 3, 2005
Nashville
www.pbase.com
Raipe said:
Nope,just sweet shot by selanne :sarcasm:

Hardly. Money says he makes that save 99% of the time. That was soft by any definition. Lack of focus on the PUCK resulted in that soft shot making its way into the net. Regardless, the Fins have not backed down, and that is to their credit. Love the game so far, perhaps the best thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad