GDT: Czech Republic vs. Finland, Feb. 18, 9.00 PM Torino, 3.00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predonater

Dec 3, 2005
Nashville
www.pbase.com
So this all begs a question. Should World Hockey and NHL all get together and decide upon a uniform standard for equipment (helmets), board height, rink size??? Just a shot in the dark.

Dave Brown

Oct 5, 2005
Bank Shot said:
That's faulty logic. So if a player falls to his knees, and another player comes along and elbows him into next week, then the player who gets hit should share the blame for putting himself in that position eh?

Elbowing is illegal, checking is not.

Still a dirty hit though.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The fins forward got too aggressive on that kill, allowed Zidlicky to just walk right in and rip one and it was a great shot, not really any chance for Niitty.

sansan

Jul 30, 2005
Perfectly placed shot. No chance for Niitty there. Never knew zidlicky had such a laser.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Epsilon said:
It's not like he was skating up-ice with his head down and Ruutu met him at full speed crossing the blueline or something. He was stationary digging around along the boards for the puck. Ruutu could have come in to try and take the puck, tried to get body position on Jagr, or tried to bump him out of the way. Instead he came in looking for the hit that would cause the maximum injury to Jagr.

I already said it was dirty. For sure there was a better way to go about it, such as what you've already said. I'm just saying, Jagr had his head down and it wasn't from behind, I don't think it was worthy of 5 and a game.

1datsyuk3*

trippyime said:
I already said it was dirty. For sure there was a better way to go about it, such as what you've already said. I'm just saying, Jagr had his head down and it wasn't from behind, I don't think it was worthy of 5 and a game.

That was cheap as hell....and erat took the most insane dive there at the end of the 2nd.....good game tho

Predonater

Dec 3, 2005
Nashville
www.pbase.com
SENSational said:
I believe you are allowed to say hell.

I'm just so used to posting on the other boards, that I get all caught up in the politically correct thing. You understand I am sure. My apoligies to the TRUE hockey fans out there, LOL!!! :yo:

he has a wrister from HELL! There, that was much better.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Force said:
Anybody who approved to an action like that which intends or at least takes into account a serious injury is just not a decent human beeing or a sportsman who is dedicated to fairplay.

Jagr is a great player and seeing him beeing injured and unable to compete for a medal because of such an ugly move is simply sad.

The thing is...hockey is a physical sport. I absolutely hate players getting injured, but on the other hand, if it is within the rules, it is ok.

People might DIE because of hits, but if they are clean hits, then the dead person knew the risks. If it's dirty, it should be taken to court.

What Ruutu did was a clean hit with unfortunate results. Still, it should not reward a penalty, because all he did was play hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad