VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
CZECH 6 : CANADA 4

Cze: Kaspar, Hrdel, Vrana, Smid, Hluchy, Frolik
Can: Crosby 2, Bergeron 2

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Every team has a bad game or two and it seems like all of Canada's bad games have come during the medal round. I think they will come out flat and get beat by a team that wants it a tad more.

There of course will be much wailing and gnashing of the teeth in Canada and many of the U.S. posters will be gloating for the next year, especially when the U.S. beats Russia in the semis and repeats as gold medal champions after schooling hte Czechs!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
VOB said:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Every team has a bad game or two and it seems like all of Canada's bad games have come during the medal round. I think they will come out flat and get beat by a team that wants it a tad more.

There of course will be much wailing and gnashing of the teeth in Canada and many of the U.S. posters will be gloating for the next year, especially when the U.S. beats Russia in the semis and repeats as gold medal champions after schooling hte Czechs!

All of my game prediction shave been wrong so far...thats why i had Czech winning haha

Of note...i also have Russia beating USA.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
VOB said:

Jeeze and you guys complain about Canadian posters. The US hasn't been schooling anybody and they're not gonna school anybody in this tournament.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
All of my game prediction shave been wrong so far...thats why i had Czech winning haha

Of note...i also have Russia beating USA.

Well La La-Laprise, today unfortunately for you, your prediction will come true. Like I said, expect a bad game for Canada.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
VOB said:
Well La La-Laprise, today unfortunately for you, your prediction will come true. Like I said, expect a bad game for Canada.

Yeh so the Czech's struggle to beat Finland, whereas the Canadian's manhandle that same team 9-0. Yet you think that La La-Laprise's obviously drug induced prediction that the Czech's will in turn throw 6 goals up on Canada will come true? I'm not even going to get into the US team in this thread since I can't see them getting past the Russians.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
shakes said:
Yeh so the Czech's struggle to beat Finland, whereas the Canadian's manhandle that same team 9-0. Yet you think that La La-Laprise's obviously drug induced prediction that the Czech's will in turn throw 6 goals up on Canada will come true? I'm not even going to get into the US team in this thread since I can't see them getting past the Russians.

I wouldn't call a 3-0 victory exactly struggling...and Canada-Finland score was 8-1.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I can't see Canada losing this one. Once they start getting physical, the game is essentially over. Olesz isn't going to go near Phaneuf after last year...you have to think he won't be playing his best.

I'll predict a 5-2 win for Canada, with Crosby netting 2.

beets

Dec 27, 2004
i think this will be a close one...canada hasn't been tested and it all comes down to goaltending right?? from what i saw of the czech/us game schwartz was a brick wall. if canada comes out ready to put on their best i think they will win it, but if they let the czech's get the edge in anyway it will be hard to play catch up. i'm rootin' for canada though cuz i wanna see a us/canada gold medal game.

Avery4Byng*

3-2 canada. schwartz will keep it tight.
bergeron, cros, carter

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
VOB said:

It is possible to come out flat, any team can.This team has Brent Sutter as its coach , a nation behind it and the knowledge that they can break a seven year Gold drought. There is about a .0005 % chance this team comes out flat.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
This game should tell us more about Olesz. Will he:

a- Be chasing Phaneuf?
b- Be avoiding Phaneuf?
c- Be only and totally foccused to get his team into the final?

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Who is the home team for todays game? I think it makes a big difference, because if Canada is home they will have the last change and can have Phaneuf and Weber out with the Olesz-Kvapil-Vrana line at all times.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
If Canada steam rolls the Czechs I'll be shocked. This is a game that could blow up in their faces. Probably will be close and in a single elimination round tournament....
That said Canada should win, but give the Czechs their due if they make it tough sledding.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
ParisSaintGermain said:
This game should tell us more about Olesz. Will he:

a- Be chasing Phaneuf?
b- Be avoiding Phaneuf?
c- Be only and totally foccused to get his team into the final?

Exactly the point I was gonna bring up. I think Olesz will just try to put Phaneuf out of his mind, but if Dion catches him with even a semi-hard hit early on Olesz may take it down a notch or 2. I don't think he wants to get "Phaneufed" twice.

On an interesting side note, TSN claims that Dion Phaneuf is now Canadas all time penalty minute leader in the tournament with 41 minutes (last 2 tourneys). Joe Contini had 38 minutes in the 70's.

High flyin' Habs*

OT: Can anyone give me the link to the wjhc official site ? Thanks.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
I honestly think Canada's gonna cream the Czechs.

em1ss said:
If Canada steam rolls the Czechs I'll be shocked. This is a game that could blow up in their faces. Probably will be close and in a single elimination round tournament....
That said Canada should win, but give the Czechs their due if they make it tough sledding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad