Sep 17, 2003
Canada 6- Czech 3

Crosby with the hat trick, Bergeron, Dawes, Richards

Vrana, Kaspar, Olesz

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
Schwarz will out play Glass....Czech's 3-2

Schwarz has been good internationally. I just don't see how one of the weaker WHL goalies (going by stats, I haven't seen him in the Dub) will be able to suddenly stand on his head against the same snipers that have been filling the net behind him all year.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:
Without trying to sound unfair to our Czech friends, I don't think this team is going to be able to compete with this Canadian team for 60 minutes. They have the offensive fire power but, again, with all due respect, I think this forward group is going to be manhandled by the Canadians. The defence is, in my opinion, unreliable and unremarkable at best. Marek Schwarz will need to stand on his head to keep it close. I believe last year these two teams met and it was a 7-1 or something score. I see the same thing happening this year.

Our win would be another miracle on ice...
I hope we will be tougher opponent than previous teams but It´s tough to imagine we can win the game.
Our defensive corp is not good enough.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
czechhockeyfan said:
Our win would be another miracle on ice...
I hope we will be tougher opponent than previous teams but It´s tough to imagine we can win the game.
Our defensive corp is not good enough.
Yes, you defense is not good enough. I'm not sure that any team here has a good enough defense though. Canada's is the best but not perfect. If your goalie gets in a zone anything can happen, keep the faith.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
ryz said:
^^^^^^^^^^

OK, we understand your inafatuation with Olesz, but to call him and Stewart 2 of the 3 most NHL ready prospects in the tourney is silly. Homer for Florida??

We'll see how your Olesz plays today going up against Phaneuf - Weber on every shift. I think he'll be rather ineffective once he gets tossed down a couple of times like a rag-doll. If he gets any points it will be on the PP.

Oh, and Phaneuf is more NHL ready than Olesz.
I was talking about forwards, but also, I meant Stewart, Ovechkin, and Olesz are three of the most NHL ready players, not the 3 most NHL ready players. Stewart made the panthers 2 years ago and was cut due to contract reasons. He would've been 2nd or 3rd line and in the exhibition games, he was a force for the panthers. Olesz plays against the men in the czech league all the time and is extremely mature while also big at 200 pounds already plus he's committed to defense. I can think of 6 guys who are NHL ready. I think Olesz is more NHL ready than Malkin though but of course, Malkin is the better prospect. BTW, by saying NHL ready, it doesn't mean he's better, just that Olesz could step right in on the 3rd line behind Weiss and Jokinen and play solid 2 way hockey as a 3rd liner right now.

Phaneuf, Stewart, Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz and Carter are some of the most NHL ready players there IMO. Also, Stewart and Olesz are 2 of the most physically mature players in the tournament as well. I mean it has nothing to do with the fact that I like the panthers, both are ready for roles in the NHL right now. Stewart is more ready than Olesz and Ovechkin is more ready than Stewart. I dunno how ready Malkin is, but I imagine for a 2nd line spot in PIT right now and Carter is ready too. He's great, but I dunno whether the Flyers would send him to the AHL if there was a season or not.

Back on topic, Let's hope to see a competitive game. :teach:

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Canada 6 Czech Republic 3

Canada - Bergeron (2), Crosby (2), MacArthur, Seabrook

Czech Republic - Olesz, Smid, Frolik

espo*

Gotta go see this game gentlemen.......enjoy the game and talk to ya later.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
Finally got the game up via the net due to Swiss Acadamys link, patched into surround sound here at my bar. Hockey fans in USA are like mushrooms, keep us in the dark and feed us crap.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Czechs are wearing rocket skates. They'll wear out early, I think. Especially with all these penalties.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
Probably nervous energy by the Czechs, undisciplined. Sounds like the sharks smell blood though. Can't see it, just listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->