GDT: GDT #55 - Everybody Murphy Dumps! A Pens - Buffalo Book for Young Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's especially concerning because against a team like the Bruins we will need the secondary lines to step up to win. Sid's line will have its hands full with the B's top line, for example.

I think Malkin looks blah anyway, so it's not like he'd suddenly be great the second Sullivan changes L2 LW. Then again, the last two years, Malkin has been great with anyone but Zucker and crap with Zucker, so maybe he would be.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Pens fighting for home ice advantage in round 1. Looking for a big boost from the 38 people in the arena for energy

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Does anyone seriously think that if Crosby and Malkin switched LWs, their fortunes at ES wouldn't completely flip?

giphy.gif

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
As much as I like Blueger, Carter was a much needed upgrade.

Carter has 75% of Bluger's goals in one game. He now has 8 goals as a Penguin in 13 games. The thing is, as streaky as Bonino was, I think it shows the importance of having a productive third line center there. Don't get me wrong, Blueger is easily a 10-12 goal guy and 25-30 point player, but having a 15-20 goal scorer and 40+ point third line center is such a big difference.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think Malkin looks blah anyway, so it's not like he'd suddenly be great the second Sullivan changes L2 LW. Then again, the last two years, Malkin has been great with anyone but Zucker and crap with Zucker, so maybe he would be.

Geno is dishing some great passes still but he looks like he did earlier in the year again where the legs are just kinda not all there. Hopefully that's just rust.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, on the one hand, Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen has a goal in each of the last two games.

On the other hand, they range from okay to dog shit (and skew towards dog shit) pretty much the entirety of the rest of the time.

Thing is, a goal like that validates Sullivan's lunacy in his own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad