GDT: GDT #55 - Everybody Murphy Dumps! A Pens - Buffalo Book for Young Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Everyone Dumps. What does a Murphy Dump look like?

Dumping is nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone dumps. And nobody dumped more and better than Larry Murphy.

larry-murphy-173-pittsburgh-penguins-1993-94-topps-premier-95488854.jpeg

Do you Murphy dump? Everyone Murphy dumps. Some defensemen can Murphy dump to the rafters. Other defensemen can barely dump outside of their own blueline. Some defensemen never dump at all.

Only kidding!

4magmDF.jpg

Starting Lineup:

7655e037eb17198239d9bac5b8eae9b1.jpg

Your Pittsburgh "Merry Christmas, Shitter's Full" Penguins:

1Evq.gif

Guentzel-Jake.png
Crosby-Sidney_1.png
Rust-Bryan_4.png

Zucker-Jason_PIT-2020_.png
Malkin-Evgeny.png
Kapanen-Kasperi_PIT-2021_.png

McCann-Jared_PIT_.png
Carter-Jeff_PIT-2021_.png
PIT.png

Aston-Reese-Zach.png
Blueger-Teddy_PIT_.png
POOP.gif

Defense Pairings:

Dumoulin-Brian_2.png
Letang-Kris_1.png

PIT.png
Ceci-Cody_PIT-2021_.png

Pettersson-Marcus_PIT_.png
Marino-John_PIT-2020_.png

Starting Goalie:

Jarry-Tristan_1.png

(No word on DeSmith and Tanev as of press time.)

The Visiting Buffalo "Don't Go Into the Bathroom, for 35-45 Minutes" Sabres:

Fridaybathroom.gif

Bjork-Anders_BUF-2021_.png
Reinhart-Sam_BUF-2021_.png
Olofsson-Victor_BUF-2021_.png

Asplund-Rasmus_BUF-2021_.png
Mittelstadt-Casey_BUF-2021_.png
Thompson-Tage_BUF-2021_.png

Ruotsalainen-Arttu_BUF-2021.png
Sheahan-Riley_BUF-2021_.png
Cozens-Dylan_BUF-24_.png

Skinner-Jeff_BUF-2021_.png
Eakin-Cody_BUF-2021_.png
Caggiula-Drake_BUF-2021_.png

Defense Pairings:

Dahlin-Rasmus_BUF-2021_.png
Jokiharju-Henri_BUF-2021_.png

BUF2021.png
Ristolainen-Rasmus_BUF-2020.png

Bryson-Jacob_BUF-2021_.png
Miller-Colin_BUF-2021_.png

Starting Goalie, I guess?

BUF2021.png

This post has been brought to you by dietary fibre. Dietary fibre. It keeps you Murphy Dumping.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Don’t sleep on the Sabres...as I said elsewhere, they’re not mailing it in unlike some other teams and their AHL goalie (Pens kryptonite) is playing for a job next season and has been good....Pens are gonna have to play really well to win these two games and it’s unlikely to matter as I don’t see the Caps losing once in regulation and once in OT over their next three games....

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I always forget Murphy was a righty.

It makes sense... you can get a lot more leverage on your dumps with your dominant hand on the bottom.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Friedman being paired with Ceci scares the hell out of me come playoffs. I hope hes just playing as a fill in and they expect Matheson to be back in a couple weeks when the playoffs start. If not, I really dont undertand by Riikola, Ruhwedel or even POJ are not getting that spot.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Don’t sleep on the Sabres...as I said elsewhere, they’re not mailing it in unlike some other teams and their AHL goalie (Pens kryptonite) is playing for a job next season and has been good....Pens are gonna have to play really well to win these two games and it’s unlikely to matter as I don’t see the Caps losing once in regulation and once in OT over their next three games....

I would expect them to lose once vs the Flyers, and Boston still has something to play for.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It may be coincidental that 2 of my top 10 all time Pens were offensive defenseman who were stealthily good in their own zone that wore the ole double nickel or it may be some kind of previously undiagnosed fetish with the number. I'm going to go stare at pictures of Orel Hershiser for awhile, more to come.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would expect them to lose once vs the Flyers, and Boston still has something to play for.

nah, Flyers are mailing it in against everyone but us....Boston won’t lose against the Rags either...this will set up the Isles and Caps as the Bs last opponents and Boston will lose or win those games depending on matchups...if they don’t look like they’ll have a chance for the division, which they won’t if the Caps don’t lose once to the Flyers, then the Bs can choose their matchups...Isles won’t have anything to play for and Caps may have the division to play for but Boston won’t care about the division...they’ll win or lose that game depending on matchups and why would they want to win it and then have to play the Caps in the first round,,,better for them to lose that last game and play us...that’s going to be the final standings: Caps, Pens, Boston and Isles...Mark it down lol

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It may be coincidental that 2 of my top 10 all time Pens were offensive defenseman who were stealthily good in their own zone that wore the ole double nickel or it may be some kind of previously undiagnosed fetish with the number. I'm going to go stare at pictures of Orel Hershiser for awhile, more to come.

I didn't know you were a Philip Samuelsson fan.

Reactions: Deport Ogie

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man you know it was some dark days back then because I was actually kinda thankful to have a guy like Drake on the blueline simply because he could shoot the puck.

Like no seriously that's the qualifier... he could shoot it at an NHL level. That's it.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Man you know it was some dark days back then because I was actually kinda thankful to have a guy like Drake on the blueline simply because he could shoot the puck.

Like no seriously that's the qualifier... he could shoot it at an NHL level. That's it.

I mean, if we're talking about famous 55's and dark days....Ric Jackman is STILL lionized in this town for a single shot. Hell, weren't Jackman and Berehowsky traded for each other?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean, if we're talking about famous 55's and dark days....Ric Jackman is STILL lionized in this town for a single shot. Hell, weren't Jackman and Berehowsky traded for each other?

This is embarrassing but I seriously mixed those two up lol.

Getting old, my friend. Though in my defense I mean... geez... same number and everything. And I think you are right about the trade.

To further defend myself here I blocked a lot of those days out and there was an inordinate amount of drinking involved to assist with that.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
nah, Flyers are mailing it in against everyone but us....Boston won’t lose against the Rags either...this will set up the Isles and Caps as the Bs last opponents and Boston will lose or win those games depending on matchups...if they don’t look like they’ll have a chance for the division, which they won’t if the Caps don’t lose once to the Flyers, then the Bs can choose their matchups...Isles won’t have anything to play for and Caps may have the division to play for but Boston won’t care about the division...they’ll win or lose that game depending on matchups and why would they want to win it and then have to play the Caps in the first round,,,better for them to lose that last game and play us...that’s going to be the final standings: Caps, Pens, Boston and Isles...Mark it down lol

Boston is playing not to play the Caps and the Islanders are on their hip.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Murphy is probably the most underrated player in those back to backs. I feel like young fans always default to Coffey being a big part of those runs, but he wasn’t and those of us who were around remember him being scratched lol.

I loved Coffey's pizazz and flash but Murphy really was the rock on those teams. Plus his offensive skillset wasn't THAT far behind Coffey's... he just didn't have the ridiculous skating ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad