GDT: GDT #55 - Everybody Murphy Dumps! A Pens - Buffalo Book for Young Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
As much as I like Blueger, Carter was a much needed upgrade.

Carter has 75% of Bluger's goals in one game. He now has 8 goals as a Penguin in 13 games. The thing is, as streaky as Bonino was, I think it shows the importance of having a productive third line center there. Don't get me wrong, Blueger is easily a 10-12 goal guy and 25-30 point player, but having a 15-20 goal scorer and 40+ point third line center is such a big difference.

Someone said Blueger is a 2nd line centre the other day. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno is dishing some great passes still but he looks like he did earlier in the year again where the legs are just kinda not all there. Hopefully that's just rust.

That's literally our only hope, because I hardly expect Sullivan to be proactive otherwise. It's like Sullivan has decided 'man, my other three lines would look great if I could saddle Zucker (who's killed any line he's been on) onto Malkin and Kapanen' without appreciating the practical implications of that line of thinking.

EDIT: That's really part of the concern . . . Zucker has killed every line he's been on. But, somehow, with Malkin's legs not being there, he's the 'answer' at L2 LW. Just pure lunacy . . .

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
So, on the one hand, Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen has a goal in each of the last two games.

On the other hand, they range from okay to dog shit (and skew towards dog shit) pretty much the entirety of the rest of the time.

Thing is, a goal like that validates Sullivan's lunacy in his own mind.

is it really any different than sids line? both have looked out of wack but both have produced at random times

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
haha Jack Adams for Sully. Yer right. Oh my god Mearsy just making shit up.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with Malkin. I'm not sure what people are seeing but he doesn't look off to me. He looks a little out of game shape but getting there quick; and his line is still figuring out what the hell they are doing out there and who's going to do what. It will have a much better chance if Zucker plays like he did the last two shifts. That Zucker almost never shows up with Malkin and that needs to change if Sullivan will not change that line.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Reeses Pieces looking for a penalty...........

Bums like you wouldn't draw a penalty like that even if the score was 1-1

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Love Housers story but he’s not long for the NHL.

More like Mauser from Police Academy

tenor.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
is it really any different than sids line? both have looked out of wack but both have produced at random times

Nah, there's a big difference. Jake and Rust aren't square pegs in round holes. I mean, there's a reason Zucker doesn't play with Sid, and it's not just that he's sucked there in very limited action this year.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->