GDT: GDT #55 - Everybody Murphy Dumps! A Pens - Buffalo Book for Young Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
This is embarrassing but I seriously mixed those two up lol.

Getting old, my friend. Though in my defense I mean... geez... same number and everything. And I think you are right about the trade.

To further defend myself here I blocked a lot of those days out and there was an inordinate amount of drinking involved to assist with that.

I could be doing the same frankly. They both come off as create-a-player but I do think Slick Ric had a better shot. Homie got traded here mid-X Generation year and proved to be a dman who A) could skate and shoot adequately and B) was not Dick Tarnstrom so....hero worship engaged.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Boston is playing not to play the Caps and the Islanders are on their hip.

right but they just need to beat the Isles on Monday...then they can freely lose to the Caps on Tuesday and hand them the division, thus assuring they won’t have to play the Caps but the Pens

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I could be doing the same frankly. They both come off as create-a-player but I do think Slick Ric had a better shot. Homie got traded here mid-X Generation year and proved to be a dman who A) could skate and shoot adequately and B) was not Dick Tarnstrom so....hero worship engaged.

No you're definitely right. Drake was a similar player but Jackman was the the guy I was thinking of.

Christ I remember insisting that Tarnstrom would be a good middle pairing offensive D on any team in the league. Then he got traded and was terrible and I was like "oh. shit."

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
so Sully will make these lines work or other.....looks like this is what he wants for play offs... Easy to say he is wrong or some adjustments would be desirable...I am ready to eat all the crow, but my take is that he is undermining L2, L3, L4

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Murphy is probably the most underrated player in those back to backs. I feel like young fans always default to Coffey being a big part of those runs, but he wasn’t and those of us who were around remember him being scratched lol.
I don’t remember him being scratched, but I do remember him and the wreckin’ ball being traded during the second cup year.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
Don’t sleep on the Sabres...as I said elsewhere, they’re not mailing it in unlike some other teams and their AHL goalie (Pens kryptonite) is playing for a job next season and has been good....Pens are gonna have to play really well to win these two games and it’s unlikely to matter as I don’t see the Caps losing once in regulation and once in OT over their next three games....
Pardon my ignorance, but if the Caps lose one in reg and win 2 and we win 2, wouldn't that tie us in points and in ROW wins? Wouldn't we then win the tie breaker?

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
I can't help but notice there is a strong element of jokes revolving around fecal matter in this thread.

Go Pens

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wow...that must have been a hard decision...should we play our starter, or should we play the AHL call up? How about some real news, like is Matheson able to breath? Has Tanev hired an exorcist to get rid of the ghost? Is ERod actually related to Tyler Kennedy? or are they just twins separated at birth?

check the injury or off day threads.

Not all your questions will be answered :laugh: Some will though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t remember him being scratched, but I do remember him and the wreckin’ ball being traded during the second cup year.

NHL STANLEY CUP FINALS : Coffey Break Is Finally Over for Penguins

So what changed between Games 1 and 2? Not the medical report. Coffey played without any dramatic progress. Not his jaw.
It’s still fractured.
Asked that question Friday, Coffey admitted he didn’t know what had changed.
Officially, the Penguins are saying that the healing process had reached a point where limited play was possible.
Perhaps. But one NHL source confided that the Penguins had no intention of putting Coffey back in while they were playing so well, that his offensive-minded style didn’t mesh with their new defensive-minded outlook. It was only when Pittsburgh went one for eight on the power play in Game 1 that the Penguins decided Coffey was sufficiently healed.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad