GDT: GDT #33 New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | December 23rd | 7:30 PM | F/5-4 W

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The Isles just enjoy playing with fire. Thankfully they score enough nowadays they can get away with it, but my lord

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Closest thing they’ve had to Boychuk since his departure. Now that I’m saying that, Reilly is the closest thing they’ve had to Leddy since his departure as well.

Bortuzzo is our 7th D Man. Which is fine, it's serviceable. Reilly is a heart attack on defense but he REALLY fits this style as an attacking/puck carrying defneseman.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Isles win a gutsy game in Carolina...Again

Seriously this is a 5-3 win. That 4th goal was bullshit. Stefan Noesen is a little crybaby and I wished Bortuzzo would've given him business

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Carolina: biggest bunch of p***yes in the league. That includes the wining bitch of a coach. LGI
Disgraceful diving all over the ice.

Rod the bod obviously the worst coach in the league. If his brain wasn't shriveled by supplements he would have played the Quinnipiac goalie who would have shut us out.

I believe Brendan said the second unit hasn't scored this season? Hard to believe with the offensive firepower on it.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The kind of effort that leads to having more goals than the other team at the end of the third period? Seems like a winning recipe to me.

The giveaways tonight were horrid. They couldn't clear the puck or even get it in deep.

If you think the Isles are going to be facing literally beer league level goaltending the playoffs not sure what to tell you.

The clock saved the Isles tonight better than the Canes goalie did pucks.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Lambert is like, really really really bad. We have the firepower that we've been missing for years. We're now a competent coach from being a real threat

I want Lane gone like most, but let's not kid ourselves...

The defense must be improved.

Hopefully Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield come back ASAP which will help, but as long as guys like Aho/Bolduc are playing valuable minutes we're going to be playing with fire.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I want Lane gone like most, but let's not kid ourselves...

The defense must be improved.

Hopefully Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield come back ASAP which will help, but as long as guys like Aho/Bolduc are playing valuable minutes we're going to be playing with fire.

I mean, they won't be when 3 of our top 6 defensemen come back. Reilly is the new #6

Reactions: WangMustGo

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Isles should've had an empty netter there man. Can't even believe Kochetkov got there in time.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
The giveaways tonight were horrid. They couldn't clear the puck or even get it in deep.

If you think the Isles are going to be facing literally beer league level goaltending the playoffs not sure what to tell you.

They won’t go deep in the playoffs but they are entertaining this season

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011

The Isles are also missing literally half of their opening night D-men, so that kinda makes it a bit tough

Reactions: PWJunior

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I mean, they won't be when 3 of our top 6 defensemen come back. Reilly is the new #6

I cannot wait for that, but I'd like to add a better defenseman even when everyone is healthy.

The Isles are also missing literally half of their opening night D-men, so that kinda makes it a bit tough

As mentioned above, this is very true. Lane has a built in excuse right now because of this. It's why I want Pelech/Mayfield/Pulock back ASAP.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Possibly Reilly will be good fit with Mayfield, should compliment each of their styles. Bolduc really is so soft, doesn’t move puck quick and handles it like it’s an egg.

The game is still too fast for him, he panics. Hallmarks of a young defenseman thrown into the fire. Once everyone is healthy, he goes back to the press box. I still think this will help him in the long run. It just sucks dealing with the mistakes, but we are forced to.

Reactions: MattMartin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad