GDT: 28th DEC, Canada-Germany, 7:00 pm Local time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
I'll say the Germans will get 1 goal on the pp, and one goal late in the game off a deflection.

Canada will score twice in the first, thrice in the second, and once in the third winning 6-2. They should run it up, but they won't.

Oil_slick9416*

well, Germans always play tight, they usually find a way to hang in the game but playing tight defense and they're goals always get up for games against Canada...i'd say a scoreline along the lines of 3-0 or 3-1......................................but What i want to happen is a shelling of Germany, no hold's bar,no mercy likescoring in the double digits...either way a win is a win but i hope for latter although history seems to dicate towards the former, who know i might be just giving germany too much credit

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
9-1

Crosby (2), Bergeron (2), Perry, Dawes, Ladd, Barker, Phaneuf

Don't really need to guess anything. Canada's overloaded with world class talent, and Germany will struggle to gain puck possession, short of a powerplay. And while shorthanded, Mike Richards will be a bigger scoring threat than any German player.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I too think the Germans will surprise alot of people. Yesterday the Swiss shocked the U.S with their tenacious forechecking and sound team play. Today the Germans will put a scare into the Canadians with both their air tight zone coverage and ability to match Canada's physical play.

Final score: Canada 4 Germany 2

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The Germans play that terribly boring trap, trap and trap some more system against elite hockey teams and this will be no different. Also, for some reason German goalies always seem to have the best games of their lives against Canada. All things considered I will go with a 6-0 Canada final although that score may flatter the Germans.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
11-1 Canada

Carter(2), Crosby(2), Bergeron(2), Richards, Getzlaf, MacArthur, Phaneuf, Syvret

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Germans will play Canada very tough no doubt. But you can only play tight checking for so long against team canada before you get tired. Swedes played that same way in the first period and Canada adjusted.

Canadians should be concern about the backup goalie not getting any work. We should also be concern about team canada taking a big lead then deciding to play shiny hockey. With shiny hockey there basically no defense just a run and gun type of game. Canada's biggest problem is going to be motivation or lack of playing against the germans. It should be a blowout game... Canada's just too big, too fast and too skilled....

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Glass isn't starting? Just an off-day or is he losing the #1 job, or having it put back in the air? I'd say the former, just curious...

Colliton playing?

9-3 Canada, Bergeron with the hat trick and McCarthur picking up two. Kink with 2 for Germany.

I'll be at the alley, and they will have the game on but I don't know how much I'll be watching it. Don't think I'll be missing much.

chicpea*

I'm also going conservative and will say 5-1 Canada. I expect both Stewart and Dawes to score as well. Glass is sitting on the bench. Any news on Colliton?

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Canada has a better scoring line this year than they did last year, and you can argue that they have three lines that are constantly being a threat on the ice, with a 4th that has put together some great chances. I still don't think that this is "the best team ever" but it is definately superior to the one last year and I don't expect any breakdowns on their play. If goals don't go in early, expect to see more of the PCB line.

Perry has come so close to scoring and after games where he hits posts he usually puts 2-3 in the next night. I expect a big 4 point night from him. 2G 2A.
Crosby will net 2 himself with 3 assists.
Bergeron will score 1G 3A.

Carter and Richards will both add a goal.

Canada wins 11-1.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
From a mathematical perspective, Sweden beat Germany 6-0 and Canada beat Sweden 8-1, so 6*8 = 48, while 1/0 is undefined. In layman's terms, Canada will score 48 goals, but the German team will simply cease to exist at some point in the game. Time and space will collapse into eachother and all being will be wiped out.

Crosby will get first star.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
kmad said:
From a mathematical perspective, Sweden beat Germany 6-0 and Canada beat Sweden 8-1, so 6*8 = 48, while 1/0 is undefined. In layman's terms, Canada will score 48 goals, but the German team will simply cease to exist at some point in the game. Time and space will collapse into eachother and all being will be wiped out.

So Canada wins. ...Right?

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
kris said:
Glass isn't starting? Just an off-day or is he losing the #1 job, or having it put back in the air? I'd say the former, just curious...

Colliton playing?

9-3 Canada, Bergeron with the hat trick and McCarthur picking up two. Kink with 2 for Germany.

I'll be at the alley, and they will have the game on but I don't know how much I'll be watching it. Don't think I'll be missing much.

Well I heard the commentators on TSN suggest that the backup might get the start against a weaker german team. This has always been the the game plan of team canada to give the backup goalie some playing time just incase the starter gets injured in the elimination rounds.

This is also a back to back game which would be ideal for Canada to use the backup. I can't confirm this, but I have taken it into consideration when making my prediction. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad