GDT: GDT #24 New York Islanders vs San Jose Sharks | December 5th | 7:30 PM | F/5-4 OTL

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
I figured it out!!!
Ownership has a deal with Vegas. Isles are a great team but are being forced to blow leads in the 3rd period. No one believes they will win the cup, so everyone bets futures on good teams. Midway through the season, isles will be let loose and they’ll win the cup 🤣

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I went to bed early last night as the Isles held a comfortable third period lead against the worst team in the league.

I woke up not particularly surprised.

What puzzles me is the fascination with Malkin and Ledecky being so smart that they see what needs to be done and they’ll make the right moves. Don’t get me wrong. I think they’ll make a move but only because they have to and it’s already too late.

They have my eternal gratitude for the new arena and hiring Lou to bring stability to the franchise. The best thing about the Lou hire was Lou’s subsequent hiring of Trotz. To me that’s a sad commentary on Lou’s tenure with the Isles.

Reactions: MJF

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Does Lou have dementia?
Nope
In jersey when he thought his team could win, he had no qualms about firing coaches, at any point in time

The fact that he’s keeping Lambert tells me he doesn’t think this team, a team he’s committed to, can win

And this disaster is now on ownership
We are stuck with Lou, and Lambert this year and unfortunately, this roster for the unforeseen future

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Pulock is a - 8 this season. I was thinking he was set for a good year....

I was watching him most of the game closely. He makes some strange decisions sometimes on coverage and forcing passes, just like most of this team. There is no reason why he cannot be much much better.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
1701865569004.jpeg

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If Lane wasn’t canned after the losing streak I don’t see why he would be now. Lou sounded genuinely confident in him in his presser the other day :confused:

Exactly why Lane shouldn't be the only one to go...

I disagree - if they continue to lose leads in the third period. Lou will not sit on his hands and neither will ownership.

Ultimately, the players have to make those plays and Mayfield botched 3 plays... maybe they are doing too much, maybe he is not fully healthy... but they need a change on the bench... a new voice.

And most of you know I defended Lambert all of last season, but I have seen enough.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Rock. Bottom.

Up 4-1 and then bam, the wheels completely fall off.

This team is perhaps as bad defensively as we have seen in some time, no doubt....but Sorokin has been absolutely dreadful in the later frames.

He has now given up 28 of his 52 for the season in the 3rd period and OT. Mindboggling that 54% of his goals allowed have come in the last period and the short extra frame. He is now (0-5) in OT and lost his lone shutout as well- this for a guy we just backed up the Brink's truck for....

His save percentages:

1st two periods: .933 (24GA- 335/359)
3rd period: .889 (23GA- 184/207)
Overtime: .792 (5GA- 14/19)

Some of it had been terrible luck as he entered last night with a .933 EVS save percentage and his numbers were being destroyed by so many PP failures, but that wasnt the case last night as all 5 Sharks goals were EVS including the last 4 in 13 minutes of play...

Granted, the absolutely dreadful defense is making him face more shots than he ever has (36.6 SA per game in 16 starts, which is ridiculous) but his clutch numbers have been woeful to say the least

Last edited:

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
Rock. Bottom.

This team is perhaps as bad defensively as we have seen in some time, no doubt....but Sorokin has been absolutely dreadful in the later frames.

He has now given up 28 of his 52 for the season in the 3rd period and OT. Mindboggling that 54% of his goals allowed have come in the last period and the short extra frame. He is now (0-5) in OT and lost his lone shutout as well- this for a guy we just backed up the Brink's truck for....

His save percentages:

1st two periods: .933 (24GA- 335/359)
3rd period: .889 (23GA- 184/207)
Overtime: .792 (5GA- 14/19)

Some of it had been terrible luck as he entered last night with a .933 EV save percentage and his numbers were being destroyed by so many PP failures, but that wasnt the case last night as all 5 Sharks goals were ES including the last 4 in 13 minutes of play...

Granted, the absolutely dreadful defense is making him face more shots than he ever has (36.6 SA per game in 16 starts, which is ridiculous) but his clutch numbers have been woeful to say the least

His contract in the end may be worse than Horvat Barzal
Mayfield et al

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I actually think the team is missing Bailey. He was a good defensive player and well liked in the room. Trading draft picks to dump him so we could have Fasching instead was another horrible Lou move.

Lou Must Go!!

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I would rather have the 2nd round pick and Bailey than Fashing.

He should have tried to deal Cizikas or JGP as they didn’t have complete negative value and are redundant. That would have been the better way to clear cap.

Lou is not good at this, just look at Toews

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Seperation anxiety? Lock everyone up for the rest of his lifetime and never send a bad player like Bolduc or Whalstrom to the AHL
I think the worst thing that could have happened to Lou was he fell in love with the 2021 team. It skewed his objectivity.

I was watching him most of the game closely. He makes some strange decisions sometimes on coverage and forcing passes, just like most of this team. There is no reason why he cannot be much much better.
Weak backhand clear on the Labanc goal. Right to him for a clear point shot snipe.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Rock. Bottom.

You understand the link here, no? Isles D goes to crap at the end of the game and, as expected, G #'s balloon.

and just to make it even more clear.. Martin Brodeur doesnt have his numbers without NJ's defense in front of him.

Our swiss cheese D, and grossly ineffective and inefficient play, is the problem.

I actually think the team is missing Bailey. He was a good defensive player and well liked in the room. Trading draft picks to dump him so we could have Fasching instead was another horrible Lou move.

Lou Must Go!!

NASSAU REVISITED MUST GO! LOL

He was a horribly lazy player (and not particularly good at anything but passing) and who gives AF if he was well liked.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
You understand the link here, no? Isles D goes to crap at the end of the game and, as expected, G #'s balloon.

and just to make it even more clear.. Martin Brodeur doesnt have his numbers without NJ's defense in front of him.

Our swiss cheese D, and grossly ineffective and inefficient play, is the problem.

NASSAU REVISITED MUST GO! LOL

He was a horribly lazy player (and not particularly good at anything but passing) and who gives AF if he was well liked.
I like the take!!

I am no Bailey lover and he is over the hill. But was trading him and a 2nd so we can have similar over the hill players worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad