GDT: GDT: 11/09/13 - Minnesota @ Carolina - 6:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
The player entrance where they get on bus outside. You have to try to get them to come over before they get scanned by TSA. Mikko just came over and signed some things and took some photos.

Billy Mays Here*

That moment when 10-4-4 is only good enough for fourth place in your division.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
That moment when 10-4-4 is only good enough for fourth place in your division.

Well, the top 4 are within 2 points of each other and there havn't been many divisional games played yet, so big differences havn't materialized yet.

But yeah, usually with 10-4-4 you should be at the top of the division.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The bad news is the game was sloppy but the good news is we found a way to win it, even in a shootout.

Yes, our division's tough. The entire western conference is tough. There's only a couple teams in the west that are weak. The Metropolitan division in the east is very weak, it's too bad we're not in that division. LOL

I think Colorado is going to come back down to earth. I believe later on in the season, it will come down to Chicago, St. Louis, Minnesota for the division and we'll be the three to outright represent in our division.

Last edited:

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
It was crazy how bad Coyle was last night. Turnover's over turnover's and one lead to goal..

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
With as bad as that ice was I'd be willing to overlook pretty much every mistake everyone made.

And this thing still isnt unstickied? Do we even have mods anymore? :P

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With as bad as that ice was I'd be willing to overlook pretty much every mistake everyone made.

And this thing still isnt unstickied? Do we even have mods anymore? :P

What are mods

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
third line was the good line. Granlund was pretty good. everyone else was trying--effort was there up and down the roster--but looked sloppy. worst game i think i've seen harding play for a long, long time. results turned out good for what this game looked like but damn he was making horrible decisions. dumba too...completely spastic tonight.
Scandella looked downright good, and the top pair had their normal share of good plays but along with it uncharacteristic mistakes were made. 3 out 4 points ain't bad for a road trip. only question is do you give Hards a game to return to form or do see that he needs a little break?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
At some point Coyle should be expected to make some sort of impact on the game, let alone be productive. It's great that he's got the size and skating ability that he does, but he's consistently offering very little for the amount and type of minutes he's getting.

It's already been said, but very rough game for Dumba but it should be expected for how long he was out of the line-up. I'm in the camp that believes he should be up with this team, but if Yeo's only going to give him spot time, he's doing nothing but hurting him.

Prosser continues to be a bum.

Scandella continues to pick his level of play up. Looking very good right now. Hopefully more offense will come.

Weird seeing all three shooter score in the SO...

Harding needs a few games off. I get that he's taken the number one job and ran with it, but Yeo has continued to show he has no idea how to handle the position.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
At some point Coyle should be expected to make some sort of impact on the game, let alone be productive. It's great that he's got the size and skating ability that he does, but he's consistently offering very little for the amount and type of minutes he's getting.

It's already been said, but very rough game for Dumba but it should be expected for how long he was out of the line-up. I'm in the camp that believes he should be up with this team, but if Yeo's only going to give him spot time, he's doing nothing but hurting him.

Prosser continues to be a bum.

Scandella continues to pick his level of play up. Looking very good right now. Hopefully more offense will come.

Weird seeing all three shooter score in the SO...

Harding needs a few games off. I get that he's taken the number one job and ran with it, but Yeo has continued to show he has no idea how to handle the position.

My thoughts exactly. He ran Backstrom into the ground last year and I am very much afraid he is going to do the same to Harding this year. I'm willing to bet at least part of the reason Backstrom is suddenly so terrible is because he was ran into the ground last year.

That will be great, Harding is fantastic all year, and we're heading towards the playoffs and Harding breaks a few weeks before, or worse, the day of like Backstrom did last year.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
knew it was coming with Harding, and I would have given him last night off but is i've said before...keep riding him while he's hot. last night he was very cold--switch it up. I don't think any damage was done.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we should have easily handled them, but sloppy or ugly we got 2 points. while dumba will have growing pains i believe he can learn more on the wild than juniors. if the ahl was an option of coarse that would have been better. next year we'll be happy dumba has experience. cheers!

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I thought Backs should have started last night and he should start against Toronto.

I missed the game yesterday due to my fiancee's family dinner thingy... looks like I missed the one good game this year to :sarcasm:. Got in the car for the end of 3rd and was home for overtime and the shootout.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN

\

I thought Coyle played well against Washington but missed last nights game. He is two games back from injury, I will give him another week till I start getting upset at his point production / lack there of.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle's rusty. He had a knee injury that prevented him from playing. Stating the obvious, but it seems you guys think he can immediately be up to speed. It will take at least a week, maybe two.

I like Dumba's physical attributes. He's still growing into his body... I also wish he could play in the AHL.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We really should have played Backs last night because, lets face it, we need Harding against any team that actually knows how to score.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Three nights off at home coming up isn't enough for Hards? Or are you implying Carolina can't score?

Carolina is a soft enough team that Backstrom probably would have been as effective as Harding last night. And yes, I am worried that Hards isn't getting enough rest. We saw it happen last year with Backs, and I do not want to see it happen this year with Hards. as TP said above, Yeo does not seem like he knows how to properly manage the position.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
problem is it's all hindsight. if Hard looked rock solid and was the reason we won, would you still say he should have sat out? ****ing hell no you wouldn't.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
problem is it's all hindsight. if Hard looked rock solid and was the reason we won, would you still say he should have sat out? ****ing hell no you wouldn't.

This is me we're talking about here. I'm not TSK, CountryGentleman, or SOH, but I do complain about unsatisfactory stuff in wins every so often. I think Backs should have started and I think anything less than a ****ing stellar performance would have me standing by that assertion.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
1424399_10200935683461957_1261978696_n.jpg

1451453_10200936120072872_1580047924_n.jpg

Meeting Mikko Koivu made my ****ing night, i've waited for his autograph for over 5 years. He's the reason I love this team so much, and just overall a great player that I feel lucky is on our team.

For those wondering, the other autographs I got in 2009. Andrew Brunette, Nick Schultz, Eric Belanger, Greg Zanon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad