GDT: GDT: 11/09/13 - Minnesota @ Carolina - 6:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
^ That's so great!

Mikko Koivu = this franchise. If I could talk to two Wild players for five minutes (though I'd never really do it, I'm too shy and introverted lol) it'd be Mikko Koivu and Ryan Suter. I am in awe of both players, their down to earth personalities off the ice, and how important they are to our team in general. Well, Parise, too, but Mikko Koivu is the face of this franchise. I don't believe the guy gets enough credit. He's been with us through both the good and bad times. He's our captain and gets this ship sailing.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
^ That's so great!

Mikko Koivu = this franchise. If I could talk to two Wild players for five minutes (though I'd never really do it, I'm too shy and introverted lol) it'd be Mikko Koivu and Ryan Suter. I am in awe of both players, their down to earth personalities off the ice, and how important they are to our team in general. Well, Parise, too, but Mikko Koivu is the face of this franchise. I don't believe the guy gets enough credit. He's our captain and gets this ship sailing.
Agreed. As for Ryan, he's a good choice too. Those commercials where he says, "Hope to meet'ya soon" is the funniest thing ever. He just seems so dreamy and admirable.

OpRedDawn*

At some point Coyle should be expected to make some sort of impact on the game, let alone be productive. It's great that he's got the size and skating ability that he does, but he's consistently offering very little for the amount and type of minutes he's getting.

It's already been said, but very rough game for Dumba but it should be expected for how long he was out of the line-up. I'm in the camp that believes he should be up with this team, but if Yeo's only going to give him spot time, he's doing nothing but hurting him.

Prosser continues to be a bum.

Scandella continues to pick his level of play up. Looking very good right now. Hopefully more offense will come.

Weird seeing all three shooter score in the SO...

Harding needs a few games off. I get that he's taken the number one job and ran with it, but Yeo has continued to show he has no idea how to handle the position.
And if Yeo doesn't start Backs a ton last year, we don't make the playoffs. I don't think Yeo is the best coach out there, but choosing goaltenders isn't really a concern. Plus, a lot more goes into than just choosing to start a guy a bunch

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
awesome! where do you have to hang out there to get autographs from opposing teams?

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Harding is on par with most starters in the league in terms of games played. It's perfectly normal for teams with clear-cut starters to play them in 75% of their games. Harding is our clear-cut starter right now. Besides, at some point his play level will come back down to earth, so Backs will get more games in. Relax people.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
awesome! where do you have to hang out there to get autographs from opposing teams?

There is a section outside near our north entrance where the players park, along with the buses.

The issue is that once they stand in line for TSA, they cannot sign. So you basically have to yell names and hope its who you think it is otherwise they wont know to come over. We have to stand behind a fence relatively far away, so eyesight is important, lol.

This makes me think though, when I head up to Minnesota in January, how would I go about getting autographs? Does the team practice at Xcel? Maybe I can catch them after practice?

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Harding is on par with most starters in the league in terms of games played. It's perfectly normal for teams with clear-cut starters to play them in 75% of their games. Harding is our clear-cut starter right now. Besides, at some point his play level will come back down to earth, so Backs will get more games in. Relax people.

most starters in this league don't have MS and weren't injured already this year.

No reason to work him like a horse when you have Backs, and are paying Backs what we are. If we don't plan to use Backstrom, trade him for anything once another starter goes down.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
There is a section outside near our north entrance where the players park, along with the buses.

The issue is that once they stand in line for TSA, they cannot sign. So you basically have to yell names and hope its who you think it is otherwise they wont know to come over. We have to stand behind a fence relatively far away, so eyesight is important, lol.

This makes me think though, when I head up to Minnesota in January, how would I go about getting autographs? Does the team practice at Xcel? Maybe I can catch them after practice?

they practice at the X, closed doors and park in the X (I believe). Best way to get autos are to go to the signing dates posted on the website or at FanHQ and pay for it.

I got lucky during the lockout and went to the Saint Louis Park rink were most Wild skaters were practicing and several others... I got near 30 autographs on a 'State of Hockey' board. brought a silver and gold sharpie and went to town. wrote their names on the back so I wouldn't forget. I remember my first two autos were Parise and Koivu, I knew then this was going to be a good haul, now thinking about it, I have Ballards too from this. Paul Martin was dumbfounded that I was asking for his autograph. He was like, you know I don't play for the Wild right? Are you sure you want me to sign this. HAHA. I told Paul, this says State of Hockey, I know where you were born... now sign it :)

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
^ That's so great!

Mikko Koivu = this franchise. If I could talk to two Wild players for five minutes (though I'd never really do it, I'm too shy and introverted lol) it'd be Mikko Koivu and Ryan Suter. I am in awe of both players, their down to earth personalities off the ice

Yep, you definitely haven't met Koivu (or know someone who has). He's definitely not down to earth. Sorry.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yep, you definitely haven't met Koivu (or know someone who has). He's definitely not down to earth. Sorry.

I have never talked to Koivu or met anybody who has, but from what I have heard and read, he is quiet, somewhat introverted, and likes to keep the attention away from him. I have never seen anything that could lead me to believe that he is "not down to earth".

I could absolutely be wrong though. Like I have said I don't know him so I'm just going off of interviews and impressions from other fans. :dunno:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
^ That's so great!

Mikko Koivu = this franchise. If I could talk to two Wild players for five minutes (though I'd never really do it, I'm too shy and introverted lol) it'd be Mikko Koivu and Ryan Suter. I am in awe of both players, their down to earth personalities off the ice, and how important they are to our team in general. Well, Parise, too, but Mikko Koivu is the face of this franchise. I don't believe the guy gets enough credit. He's been with us through both the good and bad times. He's our captain and gets this ship sailing.

With any celebrity -- or any person, really -- people are going catch some on their good days and some on their bad days. Chances are you'll never talk to them again and you only make a first impression once. Sounds like both of you caught him on different days.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

I'm from Finland, but I haven't heard anything that suggests Koivu is "not down to earth". I've heard Jesse Joensuu, for example, is a bit of a ******, but from what I've heard, Koivu is a pretty normal guy, although I've heard you get a certain vibe from him that he's a leader (or something).

Also, you have to remember that Mikko comes from probably the most famous family in Finland. His brother was a captain in the NHL when he was a kid, and his father is a damn good hockey coach. Of course you're gonna notice that a little on him.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

My very best friend has met him and loved the guy. He sat and allowed my best friends son to talk on and on asking him questions. Nicest guy ever.

So yes, I do know someone who has and my best friends son has a huge picture blown up with Koivu in his bedroom that he cherishes.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
With any celebrity -- or any person, really -- people are going catch some on their good days and some on their bad days. Chances are you'll never talk to them again and you only make a first impression once. Sounds like both of you caught him on different days.

^ This.

Given what MK did for my best friends son, I think that's pretty awesome and will gladly base my opinion on this since it's all about the kids.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
^ That's so great!

I met Mikko Ina bar several years back after a game. It was late and he was talking to some good looking girls and like a drunk ******* i stumbled over and told him good game and shook his hand. Totally interrupted him,but he was super nice and thanked me. Mikko is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad