GDT: GDT: 11/09/13 - Minnesota @ Carolina - 6:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Storylines for the Game

1383717000-Wild_Koivu_Parise.jpg

At the end of last game, Parise injured his hand/wrist/arm and missed the shootout. In an interview after the game he said he was fine, but the fact that he missed the shootout is troubling. The top line has been firing on all cylinders lately and the Wild are going to need him to continue to find success.

7785134.jpg

Last time Minnesota and Carolina played against each other, Carolina goaltender Cam Ward re-aggravated an injury that has kept him off the ice since. With back-up goaltender Anton Khudobin also injured, Carolina is relying in AHL goaltender Justin Peters to hold down the fort.

Devils%20Wild%20Hockey%20.JPEG-014a4.jpg

The Niederreiter - Granlund - Pominville line started slow but exploded a few games ago. Pominville has 10 goals, Granlund has 10 assists, and Nino is slowly but surely catching up. Together, these three have created a line better than any second line in years.

th

While Jeff Skinner has missed almost half of the Carolina games this season, he is tied for the lead in points on the team. At an almost PPG pace and with the only positive +/- in the top-10 scorers on the team, the Wild are going to have to pay extra attention to the former rookie phenom.

20131105__11-5%20Mathew%20Dumba.jpg

Keith Ballard was injured again a few games ago and is going to miss his second straight game. He has only played Nine games this season - only half of the rest of the team. As a result, defenders like Matt Dumba have gotten better looks at the NHL level. It is still undecided whether or not Dumba is going to stay beyond his nine game tryout in the NHL

Lineups

Minnesota Wild
hi-res-166514443-zach-parise-jason-pominville-and-mikko-koivu-of-the_crop_exact.jpg

9-4-4 | 22p
45gf | 38ga
2-3-2 on the Road
Fourth place in the Central Division

Leading Scorers

78337001.jpg

Zach Parise
17GP | 8g | 7a | 15p | +5 | 8PIM

1383241980383_ORIGINAL.jpg

Jason Pominville
17GP | 10g | 3a | 13p | +7 | 6PIM

bilde

Mikko Koivu
17GP | 2g | 10a | 12p | +4 | 10PIM

1288616470017.jpg

Mikael Granlund
17GP | 2g | 10a | 12p | +4 | 6PIM

th

Josh Harding looks to get the start
11 GS | 8-2-2 | 1.16GAA | .949SV%

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine
Heatley - Konopka - Mitchell

*Pairings subject to change*
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser - Dumba
Clayton Stoner is not skating for #mnwild; barring a game-time recovery, appears as if Matt Dumba will play Game 10

Harding
Backstrom

Carolina Hurricanes
Carolina-Hurricanes-Geoff-Burke.jpg

6-7-3 | 15p
30gf | 45ga
3-3-3 at Home
Fourth Place in the Metropolitan Division

Leading Scorers

estaal102713.jpg

Eric Staal
15GP | 3g | 6a | 9p | -9 | 20PIM

Jeff-Skinner1.jpg

Jeff Skinner
10GP | 3g | 6a | 9p | +5 | 8PIM

hi-res-167103014-alex-semin-of-the-carolina-hurricanes-skates-for-a_crop_650.jpg

Alexander Semin
16GP | 3g | 4a | 7p | -4 | 12PIM

Justin-Peters.jpg

Justin Peters might start
6GS | 2-5-0 | 2.61GAA | .912SV%

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin
Gerbe - J. Staal - Ruutu
Terry - Nash - Dwyer
Bowman - Malhotra - Dvorak

Sekera - Faulk
Harrison - Murphy
Bellemore - Hainsey

Peters
M. Murphy

163485802_slide.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Last edited:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Russo:

Yeo just had a short meeting with Dumba to likely let him know officially he's playing; guessing Dumba didn't say, "I can count"

Interesting to see him stay. We're kind of stuck in between a rock and a hard place with Dums though so not surprising at all. I highly doubt, without major injuries, he will get to (41?) games which would take an year off his UFA clock.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
TBH I expected him to stay. He doesn't have anything left to prove in Alberta.

If we use him in a limited role with some semi sheltered minutes he will come along eventually. I really wish he could be put in the AHL for a while, but that stupid rule prevents it. Congratulations to him for making the cut.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
"Someone" (ie our backup since Ward went down) is Mike Murphy. Also for those who care about such things, our captains will be Eric Staal (C), Jordan Staal (A), and Justin Faulk (A) what with Gleason out.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I chuckled @ "someone" :laugh:

Wild win 4-1. Swaglund x 2, Brodin, Coyle.

E. Staal.

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
"Someone" (ie our backup since Ward went down) is Mike Murphy. Also for those who care about such things, our captains will be Eric Staal (C), Jordan Staal (A), and Justin Faulk (A) what with Gleason out.

I was going off the Carolina GDT and their backup goaltender was "Who cares" if I remember correctly. :laugh: Sorry if it offended you. I'll edit it in.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I was just about to mention something about Skinner. Lazy ******* still hasnt healed himself from that hand injury and is costing my fantasy team man-games.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN

Ouch.

easily one of the most overrated skaters in the league. I wouldn't want him ever, not even if he was making 2/3rds less. $6 million a year till 2066 or something like that. PUKE / pure garbage

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I was just about to mention something about Skinner. Lazy ******* still hasnt healed himself from that hand injury and is costing my fantasy team man-games.

why didn't you drop him?

How many teams are in your league.. I hope 12 or at least 10 because there are plenty of good options to roll and worth dropping him even if you lose him. He has been injured too often and Carolina isn't scoring. I would sell, and fast!

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I would have picked him up so fast...

Hasn't played since the 25th and is on IR. Again, it depends on how big of a league you are in and if you have IR spots. Most FH leagues do not have IR and if you are in an 8 man league, drop Skinner and pick up someone else. If you lose him oh darn but its not worth potentially losing 2+ weeks in fantasy, that's much worse. 10 man or 12 man league, then I would keep him

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
why didn't you drop him?

How many teams are in your league.. I hope 12 or at least 10 because there are plenty of good options to roll and worth dropping him even if you lose him. He has been injured too often and Carolina isn't scoring. I would sell, and fast!

I would have picked him up so fast...

And this is why I have not dropped him. I made the mistake of dropping someone worth keeping earlier this year. So I'm gonna wait till he comes back and see if he's still productive.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hasn't played since the 25th and is on IR. Again, it depends on how big of a league you are in and if you have IR spots. Most FH leagues do not have IR and if you are in an 8 man league, drop Skinner and pick up someone else. If you lose him oh darn but its not worth potentially losing 2+ weeks in fantasy, that's much worse. 10 man or 12 man league, then I would keep him

12 man league, C, C, C, RW,RW, LW,LW, W,W, D,D,D,D, G,G, 5 Bench, IR.

G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SV,SO

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
And this is why I have not dropped him. I made the mistake of dropping someone worth keeping earlier this year. So I'm gonna wait till he comes back and see if he's still productive.

I don't blame you. The kid's extremely skilled; he'll be productive for many, many years.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
His concussions are a little concerning, but his current injury is minor and to his wrist.

Mumbler*

Nice GDT.

I would like to see the Wild bury 6 and continue to spread that gf/ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad