GDT: GDT: 11/09/13 - Minnesota @ Carolina - 6:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFinn*

Anyone else worried about Dumba? Tough situation right now. Coaches aren't confident in him so they are sheltering his minutes.

If he stays up with the team he needs to play but when Stoner and Ballard come back soon I just don't see him getting a lot of time.

Him just practicing with the team isn't going to help him much. He needs to see game speed, and game situations but kind of a tough spot for him now.

One positive from tonight. Scandella and Spurgeon have been playing outstanding lately.

Suter is a god

Dumba seems smart, he might pick things faster than we think.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
When are you going to take that hideous avatar off?
The deal was that after they scored 3 or more goals in a game, it'd be taken down. But they've been scoring and racking up points since I changed it. Superstition is gonna keep it there a little longer. ;)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
But...the games over. The GDT always gets unstickied right after the game ends....

:help:

I believe your "deal with it" cat image would be appropriate here... ;)

I'll leave it to your local team to un sticky it. Congrats on the win. Suter picked me up a point in my pool.

OpRedDawn*

The deal was that after they scored 3 or more goals in a game, it'd be taken down. But they've been scoring and racking up points since I changed it. Superstition is gonna keep it there a little longer. ;)

xDMSOh.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Keep in mind that Dumba has been sitting for quite a while. More importantly, he needs to be along side a guy like Ballard. NOT a guy like Processor.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok... I find it funny that this thread got stickied only after the game was over. :laugh:

Keep in mind that Dumba has been sitting for quite a while. More importantly, he needs to be along side a guy like Ballard. NOT a guy like Processor.
Absolutely THIS!

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
A win is a win I guess. I sure hope the boys get their **** together because if we play like that against Toronto it's going to be ugly.

Dumba is not anywhere near ready yet. Right now he looks lost and he's unsure of himself. He needs seasoning in the AHL. Stupid rule. :shakehead

It's nice to know that we don't have the worst shootout goaltenders in the league. 3 for 3 is as good as it gets.

Also, the refs and ice sucked tonight.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well the good news is they can have a day off and a couple practices before they see Toronto at home. Here's hoping they make some adjustments. I am still itching to see what the combination of actually being able to score and the puck possession ability they showed in the first few games of the season can do together. Make it happen!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A win is a win I guess. I sure hope the boys get their **** together because if we play like that against Toronto it's going to be ugly.

Dumba is not anywhere near ready yet. Right now he looks lost and he's unsure of himself. He needs seasoning in the AHL. Stupid rule. :shakehead

It's nice to know that we don't have the worst shootout goaltenders in the league. 3 for 3 is as good as it gets.

Also, the refs and ice sucked tonight.
Disagree on your take on Dumba. I think it was a case of nerves, being back in the lineup after not playing the last 4. Add on top of that he was playing next to an out of position Prosser instead of Ballard. It wasn't the best position for the kid to play well tonight.

We've seen him play much better against much better teams with Ballard on his left. I'm not holding this game against him at all. He is capable of more than what he showed tonight, as we've already seen.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Disagree on your take on Dumba. I think it was a case of nerves, being back in the lineup after not playing the last 4. Add on top of that he was playing next to an out of position Prosser instead of Ballard. It wasn't the best position for the kid to play well tonight.

We've seen him play much better against much better teams with Ballard on his left. I'm not holding this game against him at all. He is capable of more than what he showed tonight, as we've already seen.

I'm willing to give him a shot next to Ballard in the next few games, but I just feel he's unsure of what to do right now. I do think he will probably be a solid number 3 for the Wild at some point, (hopefully soon) but he's got to go through the growing pains. Also I know he's been solid for us before, but a few times tonight he just gave the puck up along the boards in the defensive zone. That drives me nuts.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Mikko signed my jersey after the game! Day made. Hes the only guy who came over.

Where did you have to wait for this to happen? At the players beach after the game?? In WSH, I told Scandy when he was picking out a new stick in warm ups that he was my favorite player and he thought I was crazy. I also told Z to snipe another another one and he cracked up.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Where did you have to wait for this to happen? At the players beach after the game?? In WSH, I told Scandy when he was picking out a new stick in warm ups that he was my favorite player and he thought I was crazy. I also told Z to snipe another another one and he cracked up.

Z is awesome! Last season in Anaheim I met him before the game when he was walking around outside of the locker room. Also met Seto, I mean I tried to talk to him and he ignored me.

Most likely going to the game vs Anaheim on December 11th. Super excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad