Value of: Gaudreau

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This one is close

Interesting. I would definitely think about this pretty hard. Is there anything reasonable that could be added to also score nylander? Respectfully I feel like johnny and mony are worth a bit more than matthews alone when contracts are considered.

That's just it though, when you consider contracts, Gaudreau has only 2 more years left on his deal before hitting UFA

Monahan has 3, Matthews has 4

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That is the thing though, flames could easily look silly if Johnny goes to Buffalo and posts seasons with 100+ points.

Even if Reinhart and Middlestat progress we could still easily lose the trade.

Calgary could just say they didn't think Gaudreau was likely to re-sign, or they didn't want to pay his asking price of 10+ million

Last edited:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
That's just it though, when you consider contracts, Gaudreau has only 2 more years left on his deal before hitting UFA

Monahan has 3, Matthews has 4
I actually wasnt thinking of length so that's fair. Hit wise though Monahan and gaudreau only come out to 13.5 ish together vs 10.5 alone for Matthews

Edit: y'know, I changed my mind. The flames should easily accept mony-Johnny for matthews.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Calgary could just say they didn't think Gaudreau was likely to re-sign
Yeah but he is still multiple years from UFA status.

It's a gamble, and I like Reinhart, especially when considering his all around game.

Just seems iffy, which usually is a good indication that this trade is close in value.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I actually wasnt thinking of length so that's fair. Hit wise though Monahan and gaudreau only come out to 13.5 ish together vs 10.5 alone for Matthews

Edit: y'know, I changed my mind. The flames should easily accept mony-Johnny for matthews.

Matthews makes 11.63 million

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Im asking for a King’s ransom.

Although Gaudreau has been pretty bad this year, he’s still put up 18 points in 22 games.

Don’t think anything happens during the season, but don’t be surprised if a big trade is made during the off-season.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Doesn't Johnny want to end up with the Flyers or something? What could Flyers offer for him? Patrick+?

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Doesn't Johnny want to end up with the Flyers or something? What could Flyers offer for him? Patrick+?

Are you using Nolan Patrick as your starting point for Johnny Gaudreau ? The same Patrick that has migraine issues and never had more than 31 points in a season? Start with Couturier and start adding from there. Imagine Giroux and Gaudreau together on the same line and you'll understand why it starts with Couturier.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Are you using Nolan Patrick as your starting point for Johnny Gaudreau ? The same Patrick that has migraine issues and never had more than 31 points in a season? Start with Couturier and start adding from there. Imagine Giroux and Gaudreau together on the same line and you'll understand why it starts with Couturier.
WE wouldn't be adding anything for Gaudreau if we are offering Couturier....I am sure most would agree that is a fair trade ....personally I want nothing to do with Johnny Midget...he is useless when the going gets tough...he is great in the regular season but he is just to tiny for the rough stuff in the playoffs...I just hope my Flyers do not make a stupid move in trying to acquire this little gaffer!

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
WE wouldn't be adding anything for Gaudreau if we are offering Couturier....I am sure most would agree that is a fair trade ....personally I want nothing to do with Johnny Midget...he is useless when the going gets tough...he is great in the regular season but he is just to tiny for the rough stuff in the playoffs...I just hope my Flyers do not make a stupid move in trying to acquire this little gaffer!

It's pretty fair, seeing position and defensive play.

I would consider it, but would prefer the Buffalo proposal.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That is the thing though, flames could easily look silly if Johnny goes to Buffalo and posts seasons with 100+ points.

Even if Reinhart and Middlestat progress we could still easily lose the trade.

which team wins more games in that scenario? gaudreau can score 200 points but if calgary gets a better team out of it can you say they lost a trade? if the player isn't scoring 100+ points in calgary maybe he isn't going to?

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
which team wins more games in that scenario? gaudreau can score 200 points but if calgary gets a better team out of it can you say they lost a trade? if the player isn't scoring 100+ points in calgary maybe he isn't going to?
I do think there is a clear gap between Monny and Eichel.

Sure we are getting deeper and taking a gamble that Middlestat progresses but are losing a star.

Johnny is a game changer and when giving up a game changer you have to assure that you are receiving pieces that are worth it.

If Reinhart comes to Calgary and only puts up 45 points a year and Middlestat tops out as a third line 30 point forward that would be horrible, however if Reinhart maintains his pace and Middlestat becomes a great 2nd line center we make out far better.

Alot of this trade would rely on Middlestat taking a huge step in his game.

I think it's easy to imagine Gaudreau putting up at least 90 with one of the best centers in the league.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers would not trade Couts 1-1 for DG.

He is too important in BOTH ends of the ice.

Flyers don't need a LW...that's where Giroux should be playing and well as having Lindblom and JVR.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Lmao thats terrible for Calgary.. youre a Flames fan? Pls watch more hockey games.

You haven't seen Gaudreau since last year's All Star break. He's not the same player he was early last year.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
You will never get coots I promise, realistically voracek a blue chip prospect and maybe a first would do it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Matthews makes 11.63 million

This might change his mind again? :sarcasm:

Flames should chill. Expectations heading into this season are higher than they were last year and this put pressure on where they should be as a hockey team this year.

Flames 9th best defensive team last year and so far this year, they are 26th. This is why you are not meeting expectations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad