Gaudreau, Monahan, & Tkachuk vs Horvat, Pettersson, & Boeser

who do you take

• Total voters

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Monahan this year through 44 games, 54 points. (3 60+ point seasons)

Horvat's career high in 5 seasons, 52 points. (2 40+ point seasons)

Horvat has scored 20 goals twice in his career, 20 and 22. Monahan has scored 20 goals every year in his career (6 times), including two 30 goal seasons.

Monahan has put up 5 30+ assist seasons, Horvat has put up 1.

Horvat career points, 197. Monahan career goals, 161 (335 career points, second most in their draft class because of yeah...)

Both from the same draft class. Bo Horvat this year on pace for 66 points. Sean Monahan this year on pace for 101 points.

Yet Horvat is going to be better than Monahan going forward and to some people is better than him now. What ever you guys are smoking, pass it the f*** over, because it must be some gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood shit.

Hi, I'm Bo Horvat, I have 11 career game winning goals.
Hi, I'm Sean Monahan, I put up 11 game winning goals last year alone.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Monahan this year through 44 games, 54 points. (3 60+ point seasons)

Horvat's career high in 5 seasons, 52 points. (2 40+ point seasons)

Horvat has scored 20 goals twice in his career, 20 and 22. Monahan has scored 20 goals every year in his career (6 times), including two 30 goal seasons.

Monahan has put up 5 30+ assist seasons, Horvat has put up 1.

Horvat career points, 197. Monahan career goals, 161 (335 career points, second most in their draft class because of yeah...)

Both from the same draft class. Bo Horvat this year on pace for 66 points. Sean Monahan this year on pace for 101 points.

Yet Horvat is going to be better than Monahan going forward and to some people is better than him now. What ever you guys are smoking, pass it the **** over, because it must be some gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood ****.

Hi, I'm Bo Horvat, I have 11 career game winning goals.
Hi, I'm Sean Monahan, I put up 11 game winning goals last year alone.

When Johnny goes to Philly in 3 years how good will Monahan be then?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
For now I take the flames as overall for now is:

Hockey
Elite Pete

Tkachuk
Monahan
Horvat
Boeser

Future:

Elite Pete
Hockey

Boeser
Tkachuk
Horvat
Monahan

Not that Monahan will REGRESS more that Horvat tho behind Mono now, he is progressing at a very fast pace and imo will pass Mono maybe next season

Boeser having a down year due to no training in offseason due to injury. Hes too talented imo and with a full offseason of training will eventually be the best of those 4.

Then again Im a HUGE Tkachuk fan and him ending up staying ahead of Boeser is probably most peoples predictions and a strong possibility for me too

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
I honestly think that Lindholm is a better overall player than Monahan at this point. I wonder whether the results would be different if he were in the poll instead. Lindholm plays excellent defensive hockey, has great vision, skates well, and drives play.

I also don't understand the argument for Boeser over Tkachuk. Tkachuk is younger and much better at every part of hockey except shooting. Why is Boeser going to be better than him in the future?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I honestly think that Lindholm is a better overall player than Monahan at this point. I wonder whether the results would be different if he were in the poll instead. Lindholm plays excellent defensive hockey, has great vision, skates well, and drives play.

I also don't understand the argument for Boeser over Tkachuk. Tkachuk is younger and much better at every part of hockey except shooting. Why is Boeser going to be better than him in the future?

There is no reason but some people think that since Monahan and Tkachuk are so good now, they must have peaked early so moving forward they are going to be stuck in sand and the Nucks kids will just fly past them....LOL

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
LOL. Tkachuk>>>>>>>>>Boeser AINEC. Boeser isn't even in the same galaxy as Tkachuk.

View media item 3771

Well thats it boys. Case closed! Tkachuk is also better than Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Malkin, Barkov, Blake Wheeler, Kuznetsov and almost any other high end forward according to this chart. Seems legitimate.

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The Canucks kids look better without a supporting cast than the Flames kids did when they had no support.

The Flames kids still have little offensive support. They are driving the team to 2nd in the league. They all have over 50 points. And when they made the playoffs they did it on the back of their top line with Monahan and Gaudreau (with Hudler) who all went over a PPG down the stretch, without Gio.

Bump this in 3 years when the Canucks have 4 PPG+ forwards, something that previous to Calgary doing it wasn't seen in 20+ years.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
With clearly better support including legit offensive Dmen.

WHAT?! I don't think you remember just how bad that team was and Giordano went down to injury.

Johhny Gaudreau CARRIED that team and turned a career 45 point Jiri Hudler into a PPG player as an NHL rookie.

This was only 4 years ago and now look at where these players are..

Jiri Hudler - Out of the NHL
Dennis Wideman - Out of the NHL
Lance Bouma - Out of the NHL
David Jones - Out of the NHL
Joe Colborne - Out of the NHL
Curtis Glencross - Out of the NHL
Josh Jooris - Out of the NHL
Mason Raymond - Out of the NHL
Matt Stajan - Out of the NHL
Brandon Bollig - Out of the NHL
Raphael Diaz - Out of the NHL
Jonas Hiller - Out of the NHL
Karri Ramo - Out of the NHL

That team was absolutely horrible, and was carried by a rookie Gaudreau, a 19/20 year old Monahan and TJ Brodie.

Your claim is unsubstantiated. That's not to say Vancouver doesn't have there own problems this year, but both roster's had/have very limited depth for these players.

Reactions: Duffalufagus

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
WHAT?! I don't think you remember just how bad that team was and Giordano went down to injury.

Johhny Gaudreau CARRIED that team and turned a career 45 point Jiri Hudler into a PPG player as an NHL rookie.

That team was absolutely horrible, and was carried by a rookie Gaudreau, a 19/20 year old Monahan and TJ Brodie.

Your claim is unsubstantiated. That's not to say Vancouver doesn't have there own problems this year, but both roster's had/have very limited depth for these players.

The depth was problematic as well (though a lot can change in 4 years in sports so just being out of the league isn't overly telling), but I think Hudler gets downplayed too much to prop up Gaudreau. He was always a talented player who had faults so didn't get prime ice time outside of Calgary. Gaudreau was still the bigger impact player, but it's hard to say Gaudreau made him when he outscored Gaudreau by 12 points in 2 less games.

Gio also played 3/4 of the season so he was still a big factor

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Good Lord what an awful lineup. How did we make the playoffs that year?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The depth was problematic as well (though a lot can change in 4 years in sports so just being out of the league isn't overly telling), but I think Hudler gets downplayed too much to prop up Gaudreau. He was always a talented player who had faults so didn't get prime ice time outside of Calgary. Gaudreau was still the bigger impact player, but it's hard to say Gaudreau made him when he outscored Gaudreau by 12 points in 2 less games.

Gio also played 3/4 of the season so he was still a big factor

The prior season, Hudler scored 54 points, and his previous career high was 57 points. The only meaningful roster change from 13-14 to 14-15 was the guy who wore #13 changed (Cammalleri for Gaudreau). The 13-14 team scored 209 goals. They scored 241 the next season with Gaudreau on the roster.

Gaudreau's presence had a significant impact on the offense of that 14-15 Calgary team and was the straw that stirred the drink. Anyone who watched the team back then would tell you the same thing.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

Yea i agree about Lindholm. Very good defensively.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The prior season, Hudler scored 54 points, and his previous career high was 57 points. The only meaningful roster change from 13-14 to 14-15 was the guy who wore #13 changed (Cammalleri for Gaudreau). The 13-14 team scored 209 goals. They scored 241 the next season with Gaudreau on the roster.

Gaudreau's presence had a significant impact on the offense of that 14-15 Calgary team and was the straw that stirred the drink. Anyone who watched the team back then would tell you the same thing.

Players have career years. It's not unrealistic for a multiple 50+ point player to peak in the 70s. I agree Gaudreau was the more important player, but his effect on Hudler is overstated. Gaudreau only had a point on 34 of his 76 points

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Players have career years. It's not unrealistic for a multiple 50+ point player to peak in the 70s. I agree Gaudreau was the more important player, but his effect on Hudler is overstated. Gaudreau only had a point on 34 of his 76 points

Only 34 of his 76 points? That's a pretty huge impact, especially considering they didn't play together the whole season (especially the first few months and on the PP).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad