Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, and Hamilton vs. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Brown, and Rielly

Flames vs. Leafs

• Total voters

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I see what you're saying, but Gaudreau has been proving people wrong his whole career. He simply keeps getting better.

Flames are on the market for a top RW (i am hoping so anyways). A guy like Neal on Monahan/Gaudreau's line would only increase his totals. Frustrating to see how many times Johnny set people up last season and they simply could not finish. Our PP was ****ing horrible too.
Kinda like Matthews setting up Hyman? :sarcasm: FOR 2 YEARS

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Leafs...Brown and Bennett don't matter in the conversation really other than Bennett having more upside. Matthews is much more valuable than even Gaudreau.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Gaudreau is still better then mathews today, that is shown with evidence, unlike your assumptions in the future.

Gaudreau > mathews
Monohan < marner
Tkachuk > nylander
Bennet > brown
Hamilton >> rielly

oh yeah? he had a 1.05ppg compared to matthews 1.02

gaudreau played 19:25 a game with 3:32 on the PP.
matthews played 18:08 a game with 2:09 on the pp.

Gaudreau: 24/60/84/+2
vs Matthews 80 game pace of 44/37/81/+32

Matthews way more goals, gaudreau slightly more points, Gaudreau way more PP time

yeah not sure im seeing the evidence. 40g/80+pt #1C >> 25g/80+pt LW

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Gaudreau is still better then mathews today, that is shown with evidence, unlike your assumptions in the future.

Gaudreau > mathews
Monohan < marner
Tkachuk > nylander
Bennet > brown
Hamilton >> rielly

also LOL

you talk about evidence, then you give tkachuk who hasnt hit 50pts yet the nod over back to back 60+pt nylander
Rielly who just had more pts than dougie EVER had is a >> worse?

the leafs are dominating this poll, yet you managed to have 4 of the flames win? maybe you are just wrong?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm surprised anyone would take Bennet over Brown at this point. Respect for draft order I guess.

I don't think many people would pick anyone on Calgary over Matthews to build a team around.

Calgary has a nice group though.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
76% leafs and not locked mods? there have been less lopsided polls closed quickly.
lock er' up before this gets ugly

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are you kidding OP? Leafs have the best defenseman in the league Reilly, the best player in the league, Marner, and elite player Brown. ANIEC

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
oh yeah? he had a 1.05ppg compared to matthews 1.02

gaudreau played 19:25 a game with 3:32 on the PP.
matthews played 18:08 a game with 2:09 on the pp.

Gaudreau: 24/60/84/+2
vs Matthews 80 game pace of 44/37/81/+32

Matthews way more goals, gaudreau slightly more points, Gaudreau way more PP time

yeah not sure im seeing the evidence. 40g/80+pt #1C >> 25g/80+pt LW

cool Matthews had almost as high a pace as what Gaudreau actually hit

how about we let Matthews actually hit it first? Gaudreau had 73 points his first 62 games this year(the amount of games that Matthews played)

that's a 1.18 PPG

Reactions: Haatley

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
cool Matthews had almost as high a pace as what Gaudreau actually hit

how about we let Matthews actually hit it first? Gaudreau had 73 points his first 62 games this year(the amount of games that Matthews played)

that's a 1.18 PPG

ok so we ignore the fact he was a ghost when the team needed him most and the flames missed the playoffs while matthews has led the worst team in the league to back to back playoff spots?

"almost as high" yes that is true. he also had 10 more goals in 20 less games. that gives him THIRTY TWO more goals than Gaudreau since he came into the league..oh yeah he is a big strong 1C as well, not a small winger

not hard to see why you have nearly 10k posts yet less than 100 likes with bad takes like this. oh but the biggest home fan on this site likes your post! congrats!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
ok so we ignore the fact he was a ghost when the team needed him most and the flames missed the playoffs while matthews has led the worst team in the league to back to back playoff spots?

"almost as high" yes that is true. he also had 10 more goals in 20 less games. that gives him THIRTY TWO more goals than Gaudreau since he came into the league..oh yeah he is a big strong 1C as well, not a small winger

not hard to see why you have nearly 10k posts yet less than 100 likes with bad takes like this. oh but the biggest home fan on this site likes your post! congrats!

yeah i'm sure it has nothing to do with me literally making all but maybe a hundred of my posts before the like button even existed

speaking of ghosts how about that Matthews Playoff run,they find him yet?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Nothing against the Flames group, as it's a good one. But I have to go with the Leafs. Their "big 4" is just too talented not to pick for now, and going forward. And throw Brown in there for S's and G's......? No brainer for me.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009

lol compares goals and last 20 games of the season. You clearly have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad