Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, and Hamilton vs. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Brown, and Rielly

Flames vs. Leafs

• Total voters

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
ok so we ignore the fact he was a ghost when the team needed him most and the flames missed the playoffs while matthews has led the worst team in the league to back to back playoff spots?

"almost as high" yes that is true. he also had 10 more goals in 20 less games. that gives him THIRTY TWO more goals than Gaudreau since he came into the league..oh yeah he is a big strong 1C as well, not a small winger

not hard to see why you have nearly 10k posts yet less than 100 likes with bad takes like this. oh but the biggest home fan on this site likes your post! congrats!

Flames didn't miss the playoffs because of Gaudreau. But lets blame it all on him?

Matthews sure carried the Leafs in the playoffs... Talk about a disappearing act.

Lastly, Gaudreau is not a goal scorer. As a Flames fan I will be happy with 20-30 goals from him and playing a major role in driving the play on his line/PP.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
How did you fare against Bergeron?
Matthews seemed quite fine against the soon to be Cup champs. 4pts in 6 games.
I remember small sample sizes-do you?
You're bringing up last year's series??? :popcorn:

Just so you know, small sample size... Gaudreau has higher PPG in the playoffs than Matthews. Point is, both have done shit all in the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Flames are contenders but holy shit to hear they are bad from Leafs fans is ironic.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You're bringing up last year's series??? :popcorn:

Just so you know, small sample size... Gaudreau has higher PPG in the playoffs than Matthews. Point is, both have done **** all in the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Flames are contenders but holy **** to hear they are bad from Leafs fans is ironic.
:huh:

Leafs finished the season in 7th place
Calgary finished the season in 20th place

Where's the irony?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Flames fans are faking ignorance if they think for a second anyone believes that they'd prefer an elite scoring winger over a big elite #1 centre.

No one is saying that.

I just don't see any elite centers in this conversation, considering you should be at least top 10 in points for centers once in your career if you want to be called elite....

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
:huh:

Leafs finished the season in 7th place
Calgary finished the season in 20th place

Where's the irony?
Plus just like when the Leafs traded their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2010 for Phil Kessel, Calgary did the same thing when they traded their 1st and 2nd round picks this year, plus their 2nd round pick in 2019 for Travis Hamonic.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
No one is saying that.

I just don't see any elite centers in this conversation, considering you should be at least top 10 in points for centers once in your career if you want to be called elite....

Look harder, Auston Matthews is an elite center -- watch some games outside of the Flames good god.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Plus just like when the Leafs traded their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2010 for Phil Kessel, Calgary did the same thing when they traded their 1st and 2nd round picks this year, plus their 2nd round pick in 2019 for Travis Hamonic.
Yea, I just don't get it. Why are the Leafs bad? Are we supposed to be envious of the Flames and where they ended up? Leafs were a 100+pt and we're getting mocked at by a team who didn't even make the playoffs and were in 20th place. Are we supposed to congratulate them. Are we suppose to call them a good team? There a bad team, I don't see why that is so blasphemous or ironic. I'd get it if we were as bad or worse, but we were significantly better. Thats not irony.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No one is saying that.

I guess that eliminates Bergeron as an elite center for his entire career, Toews too. Good to know.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No one is saying that.

Again, faking ignorance. We both know what Matthews is. I mean what’s the end game thought process? Are you seriously ignoring Matthews value?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yea, I just don't get it. Why are the Leafs bad? Are we supposed to be envious of the Flames and where they ended up? Leafs were a 100+pt and we're getting mocked at by a team who didn't even make the playoffs and were in 20th place. Are we supposed to congratulate them. Are we suppose to call them a good team? There a bad team, I don't see why that is so blasphemous or ironic. I'd get it if we were as bad or worse, but we were significantly better. Thats not irony.
I know the Leafs didn't do any better in the playoffs this year compared to 2017 since they didn't advance out of the first round. However standings wise they were 10 points better with 105 this year and 95 points in 2017. That also meant they were a top 3 team in their division and not a Wild Card team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->