RDS: Gaston Therrien for the lols

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
No man. By hiring Gaston, RDS makes sure our collective IQ goes down. Therefore, it'll be easier to find analysts we won't find stupid.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
62.5 is verge of failing. He's still hitting and good defensively.

Eller is garbage and you and everyone else will have to come to grips with that. Only slightly better than DSP only because he's come out of his 30 game slumber to score for the next 5 games until he goes back to doing 2/5th of **** all until God knows when. Can't wait until we trade this inconsistent, head case out of this city to make room for more effective players who play with the smallest iota of consistency and doesn't have to have his hand held and be constantly stroked to get him to play at a menial level. His production is nowhere near his talent level and that's a case of HIS own doing and not Therrien and definitely not DD's fault. Had to get that in because that's the argument for Eller suckiness. It's never his fault but rather someone elses, always...

Feel better after that rant? ;)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Individual grades, what the hell:

Price 98%
Pacioretty 90%
Subban 88%
Markov 85%
Plekanec 84%
Gallagher 82%
Petry 82%
Galchenyuk 80%
Beaulieu 78%
Gonchar 76%
Weise 75%
De La Rose 75%
Prust 74%
Gilbert 73%
Tokarski 71%
Desharnais 70%
Emelin 69%
Eller 65%
Parenteau 62%
Sekac 60%
Weaver 55%
Malhotra 55%
Smith-Pelly 40%
Flynn NA
Mitchell NA
I would've given Subban same Mark as Pacioretty and Eller 70%... Funny how our top 5 grades go to the 4 alternate captains and the true leader of this team...goes to show our managemnt team were able to identify the leaders on this team and they were spot on. I'd give the whole coaching staff 75% based on results, there's room for improvement no doubt but how can you give them lower...there in 1st place...Stephane Waite btw gets 95% in my books our backup almost has a .920 save% and Price is destroying all records

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Well the Montreal Canadiens are a unique situation. There IS the whole french language thing to consider. This creates a real problem because language debates get mixed in with hockey moves and it takes on a whole different dimension.

Look at the Leafs, they've had a debate for the past two years on their first line center too. Tyler Bozak has no business being there but that's where he's been under Carlyle. They have the same debates over on those boards too with some people arguing that Bozak is "producing" while others say its only due to Kessel... very similar to what's going on here.

The difference is that there's no French angle to anything there. Carlyle has the benefit of nobody calling him out for being pro-english or french... it's just a hockey move. That's all that gets debated - is it a good or bad move?

Here, playing DD takes on a whole different debate in some cases. Therrien gets criticized for being pro french. DD gets more points than a 3rd line center so some feel he should be there... others say its due to circumstances and in the background there's suspicions of bias against a certain language. Maybe Therrien just believes this guy is the best for the job. That could very well be the case and its why I don't go after him on language... 'cause I don't know. But many people (rightly or wrongly) assume it's because of language. And many people think those who criticize Therrien are only doing it because of language. Its unfortunate but that's how it is... Personally I'd prefer to just keep the whole language thing out of it and just talk about it from a hockey perspective.

I understand you're point of view but unfortunitely you have a language factor in hockey perspective sometime in Montreal

I followed french media all my life and you have good/bad journalist like in any other language but I found more favoritism in french media on french coach/players
I'm talking about the french media here not the french fans

English media is not perfect but at least you have more debate about french coach/player

You just have to listen a program like l'antichambre to realize pretty fast that they almost never criticized DD or MT ( just one exemple here)

Just look the coach choice that has to be french. You have a big french factor there
Do MT was the best candidate on the market when Habs had to choose a coach ?

I will like to see the result pool asking french fan if Habs organisation should choose a english coach if the best candidate is a english coach?

I will be not be suprise that french fan will choose the english coach
It's the french media that will complain and said to reject the english coach

It's ok if both coach have same value to choose the french one but when the english one is better ?

That's one example of french factor and that french factor could also be applied to french player

I'm francophone and I like when a french player have success in NHL but I'm out when I see bias and favoritism to players that dont deserve it

You have to be honest and don't bring your culture/origine when you evaluate a players or a coach

kazmanian

Sep 30, 2014
Lol someone in the comments of the article said they would rather have bournival than gallagher on the first line and they would rather have bouillon instead of beaulieu. They also said they wouldn't have traded for Petry and would take eller out of the lineup.

Saw that. Couldn't believe it lol

Y ress une chose, Gaston s'tun estie d'épais.

You ress une chose, vous avez raison

:laugh: That should be a meme for sure. J'comprend just pas comment ce cave l'a s'est taille un post avec RDS.

This is questions I ask myself every time he opens his mouth. Him and Le Baron especially. Pas fort chef!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad