RDS: Gaston Therrien for the lols

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He was characterizing Desharnais yesterday saying " de la trempe et du talent de Desharnais" lol
You thought he was describing Patrick Kane lol. And he's always bringing up Bournival, the guy's not even part of the team. I've never heard him mention Thomas's name or Andrighetto but this is the same guy that was up in arms when we drafted Subban and Gallagher instead of guys de chez nous...irks me

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
Except he's been good defensively all year and brings a lot more when he's not scoring. Plus, he's in a defensive role unlike 82% Desharnais.

Desharnais at 82 percent is strange not going to argue that, but i think its safe to say Eller has been a big disappointment after last year playoffs

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Except he's been good defensively all year and brings a lot more when he's not scoring. Plus, he's in a defensive role unlike 82% Desharnais.

If he's that good defensively, why is he a minus player on a team that's +28. Plekanec gets the toughest minutes and is a +6. Desharnais whom some whine about being poor defensively is a +19.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
60% for Eller is ridiculous. He's been invisible since Christmas until the last 2-3 games.

As a defensive centre playing lots on the PK and in defensive zone faceoffs, being invisible is a good thing. Being invisible while playing with Pacioretty, with offensive zone starts and a lot of PP time would be a bad thing...

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Gaston Therrien gonna Gaston Therrien. Nothing new here, I still wonder how he got his job sometimes.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
60% for Eller is ridiculous. He's been invisible since Christmas until the last 2-3 games.

David Desharnais – 82%, but Eller at 60% is ridiculous.

:shakehead

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I wouldn't give 82% to Desharnais this season. He had good moments but he's been very average. 60% is actually accurate for Eller... this board's little darling is playing great hockey right now but he was hot garbage the rest of the year.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If he's that good defensively, why is he a minus player on a team that's +28. Plekanec gets the toughest minutes and is a +6. Desharnais whom some whine about being poor defensively is a +19.

Pacioretty is +38 and has spent most of his 5 on 5 time with Desharnais. He's also played with Plekanec/Galchenyuk who are both + players.. Gallagher/Weise have very high plus/minus from spending a lot of time with Pacioretty.

Shocking how playing with our best scorer = being out for more goals for and having a higher plus/minus.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Every time Gaston Therrien opens his mouth I immediately change channels.

Still don't understand why RDS hired this clown.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Both Eller and DD have been bad this year. I don't think he is off about Eller at 60 but DD should be right there with him.

The most ridiculous is MT at 90 though. Sure we can look at wins and say he's done well but he's been pretty bad with his decision making all year.

He led to Sekac getting traded. That is a huge fail to me.

He refuses to let Chucky play center. Huge fail

DD on the first every game. Huge fail

He just now starts to have confidence in Subban. Fail

Pretty much threw in the towel with Eller. Fail

There are more but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I would bring Eller up to a 65% and Desharnais down to a 75% or something like that but it's not like their scores should be flipped or anything.

Not really sure what Prust or especially Parenteau have done to earn 72% and 70%. Prust I would bring down a bit and Parenteau should be down in the low 60's with Flynn and Mitchell.

I'd bring Tokarski down a bit too, even as just a back-up he hasn't really gotten the job done for most of the year. A 2 month winless streak playing against mostly non-playoff teams is not really a feather in his cap.

Therrien at 92% is the biggest joke, I think even his most ardent supporters would find that way too high. "Rien a lui reprocher"? I'm not as harsh on Therrien as some here but there's still plenty a lui reprocher if you look beyond the record.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Pacioretty is +38 and has spent most of his 5 on 5 time with Desharnais. He's also played with Plekanec/Galchenyuk who are both + players.. Gallagher/Weise have very high plus/minus from spending a lot of time with Pacioretty.

Shocking how playing with our best scorer = being out for more goals for and having a higher plus/minus.

Pacioretty didn't get to +38 by playing with somebody that's terrible defensively as some will say.

For a big chunk of games it was Weise-Desharnais-Pacioretty, it's also been Parenteau for awhile.

Eller usually plays with good defensive players, he should have a huge - number next to his name, not on a team that's +28.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
92% for Michel Therrien? Are he and Gaston related?

Gaston is just a terrible analyst on RDS. I just mute the TV at this point.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
92% for Michel Therrien? Are he and Gaston related?

Gaston is just a terrible analyst on RDS. I just mute the TV at this point.

Pretty ridiculous to give him a 70 grade with the team tied for 1st overall.

Problem on this board is Desharnais and Therrien can't get credit for anything. If they do something good posters have to give somebody else credit. They don't hesitate to crap on them when things go bad though...1 way street.

Last night Galchenyuk took the dumbest penality by a Hab this year, ran the Florida d-man in the post with 2:20 left and the Habs on the PP with the puck nowhere near either of them, killing a PP and giving Florida 2-3 scoring chances in the dying minutes. we barely hear a peep about it...if that was Desharnais, we'd have 3 threads about it in 12 hours and have a lynch mob waiting at the airport once the team arrived. Huge double standards...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad