Speculation: Garrioch: Braun on the block; Sharks looking for top-4 D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I feel dumb right now. Why are we going to move Braun?

Because it's fun to speculate about the latest hot news, that Hamonic on NYI wants to be traded to Western Canada (teams listed per Dreger: Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, other cities in the west may be added) bc of personal reasons, which ppl assume means that someone in his family is sick. It's a sad situation and doesn't directly involve the Sharks but since the trade request came in September (or earlier) and he still hasn't been traded, since Braun matches Snow's stated criterion (wanting someone like like Hamonic to replace Hamonic) very well, and since SJ is a city in the west, it makes some sense.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Because it's fun to speculate about the latest hot news, that Hamonic on NYI wants to be traded to Western Canada (teams listed per Dreger: Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, other cities in the west may be added) bc of personal reasons, which ppl assume means that someone in his family is sick. It's a sad situation and doesn't directly involve the Sharks but since the trade request came in September (or earlier) and he still hasn't been traded, since Braun matches Snow's stated criterion (wanting someone like like Hamonic to replace Hamonic) very well, and since SJ is a city in the west, it makes some sense.

I feel like whoever gets Hamonic is going to get burned. It doesn't seem like his head is in the game. (and that's the right opinion for him to have)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure people were talking about it before that news though, no? Either way, unless we're getting an upgrade on Braun, I don't want to move Braun.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I'm pretty sure people were talking about it before that news though, no? Either way, unless we're getting an upgrade on Braun, I don't want to move Braun.

Yes, it started with the Garrioch article in the OP. I think it got much more serious when there was another good defenseman who is definitely on the trading block. The other D-men listed in the OP weren't really options since they'd be clear downgrades. It was fun joking around (which both you and I did re: the original article) but the serious discussion seemed to really pick up with the Hamonic rumor.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Talent alone, I'd do Braun for Hamonic in 2 seconds...that being said, if there is something going on in his life that keeps him from performing at the rink, then we don't need him.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Hamonic would be awesome. Braun could probably get the Isles to start talks with us.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Seeing as there's zero chatter about Braun's impending trade, and the fact that we're discussing Weird Al lyrics, this can be closed. Hamonic discussions can take place in a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad