Rumor: Garrioch - Anaheim Ducks to be extremely active this deadline

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah okay, talk about overvaluing your own player, you’re not getting a top 6 forward and two blue chip prospects for Manson who’s looked like complete ass the last couple seasons. Maybe you’d get Johnsson and Liljegren at the absolute most. Man you Duck fans think Manson is the second coming of Jesus Christ and it’s hilarious. If you actually think that proposal is something you’d do, you’ll be very disappointed with the return Manson will bring should the Ducks move him. Manson will be a Maple Leaf though one way or another, it’s where he belongs.

You don’t know the trade history of Anaheim do you? Every RHD we’ve shipped out we got big return on. Whether you like Manson or not? The history always repeats itself. From Vatanen to Montour. Anaheim always gets a damn good deal. Theodore is an exception even though he’s LH D. because we had to make Vegas not snag any of our good stuff.

You Toronto fans also said Andersen wouldn’t return a first. How’s that looking these days.

Any big Anaheim pieces going the other way. Gets a good sized return.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Well if we had two top 10 picks this year. All the pain would be gone away. Just glad one of us did something right for rebuild mode.
First time in our existence where we can say this is the case, and it was by luck. Most deadlines are the same, just rotating 4th liners and wasting picks on pending UFAs.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I knew this was gonna happen. Here's Kevin Weekes yesterday tweeting about Anaheim making its own noise heard. Anaheim should easily be the headline news until Monday. Along with Detroit on AA

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Will Butcher for Ondrej Kase

Ducks already tried to trade Kase for a LHD, Butcher is 25 and locked up long term and would really help the ANA power play. NJ gets a talented forward that fits their rebuild timeline.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
That's not the point. Even Kevin Weekes is in on it as well. More and more sources are jumping on Anaheim making noise soon.
I think it's the point. Anyone can surmise that one of the worst teams in the league will be sellers at the deadline. Garrioch probably knows as much as you or I do.

Here's a hot take, just for you! Anaheim will try to unload any of the players on expiring contracts at the TDL! Maybe even some guys with term. Also, LA, Ottawa and Detroit are 3 others that will try to do the same.

:scared:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I think it's the point. Anyone can surmise that one of the worst teams in the league will be sellers at the deadline. Garrioch probably knows as much as you or I do.

Here's a hot take, just for you! Anaheim will try to unload any of the players on expiring contracts at the TDL! Maybe even some guys with term. Also, LA, Ottawa and Detroit are 3 others that will try to do the same.

:scared:

LA has already done its moves. Outside of Alec Martinez which is getting finalized today I believe. Think I heard on there game broadcast yesterday about it.

Ottawa is going to be interesting, and Detroit. I’m leaving possibly Kreider from NYR and AA on Detroit as the block buster Feb 24th.

That’s leaving Anaheim in position to make some noise it self? And possibly grab a few headlines? Interesting to see what Manson and Rakell can snag if traded.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
LA has already done its moves. Outside of Alec Martinez which is getting finalized today I believe. Think I heard on there game broadcast yesterday about it.

Ottawa is going to be interesting, and Detroit. I’m leaving possibly Kreider from NYR and AA on Detroit as the block buster Feb 24th.

That’s leaving Anaheim in position to make some noise it self? And possibly grab a few headlines?

In all seriousness, I don't see why not. But, then, how many guys can they move that are expiring? Are Manson and Lindholm on the block? Miller I assume.

Ottawa won't be doing much of significance, no doubt. Namestikov for a 3rd (please), Hainsey for a 5th, Ennis for a 5th. The big prize is Pageau and I bet they're trying to sign him and take him off the board anyway.

Reactions: topshelf15

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
In all seriousness, I don't see why not. But, then, how many guys can they move that are expiring? Are Manson and Lindholm on the block? Miller I assume.

Ottawa won't be doing much of significance, no doubt. Namestikov for a 3rd (please), Hainsey for a 5th, Ennis for a 5th. The big prize is Pageau and I bet they're trying to sign him and take him off the board anyway.

Yah Pageau is going to be interesting. What if Kreider price is so high? Ottawa slips in and steals the show? Then you also have Anaheim with Rakell. Never know what Anaheim May do with him either.

Pageau is a damn good centerman. He may very well be the ultimate block buster this deadline. Ottawa is going to be scary with all them picks if your consensus is right on the trades.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Will Butcher for Ondrej Kase

Ducks already tried to trade Kase for a LHD, Butcher is 25 and locked up long term and would really help the ANA power play. NJ gets a talented forward that fits their rebuild timeline.

Ducks tried to trade Kase for Faulk.... a RHD. They already have Lindholm, Fowler and Larsson on the left side, and while Butcher is better than Larsson, no way they give up Kase to upgrade the 3rd paring on the left without addressing the glaring holes on the right first.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

In terms of expiring guys, there's been a fair bit of talk about Derek Grant. Big center scoring at a 20+ goal pace, with the heaviest defensive usage on the team. Good Pker and face off guy as well, he'd be a nice bottom six improvement for a few teams, and just about anyone can squeeze in his minimal cap hit.

He has nearly identical numbers to Brian Boyle when he returned a 2nd round pick last year, and this seems like a bit more of a seller's market, although Grant is a less proven commodity.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
In terms of expiring guys, there's been a fair bit of talk about Derek Grant. Big center scoring at a 20+ goal pace, with the heaviest defensive usage on the team. Good Pker and face off guy as well, he'd be a nice bottom six improvement for a few teams, and just about anyone can squeeze in his minimal cap hit.

He has nearly identical numbers to Brian Boyle when he returned a 2nd round pick last year, and this seems like a bit more of a seller's market, although Grant is a less proven commodity.

Holy crap...Derek Grant... I remember him coming up with Ottawa. Good for him!

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yah Pageau is going to be interesting. What if Kreider price is so high? Ottawa slips in and steals the show? Then you also have Anaheim with Rakell. Never know what Anaheim May do with him either.

Pageau is a damn good centerman. He may very well be the ultimate block buster this deadline. Ottawa is going to be scary with all them picks if your consensus is right on the trades.

I must say, we have a ton of picks in the next couple of years. We're really in a good position going forward (except for the owner).

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I must say, we have a ton of picks in the next couple of years. We're really in a good position going forward (except for the owner).

So much quality young depth already as well. If there was a team that could most benefit from trading a stack of B assets in a quantity for quality deal it would have to be the Sens.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

It’s going to be scary going forward. If Pageau goes for what I’m thinking? First 2020 ++. We may as well not have a draft. That gives 3 first rounders. 2 lottery and 1 mid to late? + the seconds and your estimation of 3rd and 5ths?

Are there really any players left to choose from?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would prefer the Ducks just re-sign Grant to like a 3 year deal. I see him still being effective and a solid 4c when the Ducks are competitive again. Ducks 4th line is really one of the few bright spots of a down season.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Well they better hurry up 1st rd picks are being handed out like candy. Soon no contender will have one left.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You don’t know the trade history of Anaheim do you? Every RHD we’ve shipped out we got big return on. Whether you like Manson or not? The history always repeats itself. From Vatanen to Montour. Anaheim always gets a damn good deal. Theodore is an exception even though he’s LH D. because we had to make Vegas not snag any of our good stuff.

You Toronto fans also said Andersen wouldn’t return a first. How’s that looking these days.

Giving away Theodore to protect other players is a fireable offence.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Giving away Theodore to protect other players is a fireable offence.

We have bigger issues to fry with GM Murray. This is my last straw with him if he doesn’t make any moves this trade deadline. Both San Jose and Los Angeles get better on the rebuild. And we sit in the butt hole of the dumpster not doing anything. Trust me, everyone has there reasons why they are upset.

Reactions: travis scott

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It’s going to be scary going forward. If Pageau goes for what I’m thinking? First 2020 ++. We may as well not have a draft. That gives 3 first rounders. 2 lottery and 1 mid to late? + the seconds and your estimation of 3rd and 5ths?

Are there really any players left to choose from?

Ridiculous amounts of awesome players in this draft though. Like when Anaheim got Getzlaf and Perry. This is gonna be one for the ages!

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

What are you even talking about? Vatanen trade was pretty even, but Montour went for meh (Tracey) and trash (Guhle). Theodore had to be traded because BM somehow thought Bieksa was worth keeping , for some unknown reason he gave away Wild Bill to so Wisniewski could hang in the pressbox, and lost Petterson so Sprong could hang in SD.

Literally the ONLY thing in there that could be considered a win is Henrique for Vatanen, and even that's pretty well negated by the contract he handed out to henrique afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad