Garret Sparks - "[Kasperi Kapanen] is the fastest [player] in the world"

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
it's amazing just how transparent TSN is about the whole Leafs bias thing

I mean seriously someone like them tweeting that is just :laugh:
All the other Canadian teams need to get more fans so they'll start writing about them.

There should be a concerted effort by fans of those teams to onboard more.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Quote goes "Kapanen is the fastest person on earth" so the title is kinda misleading here. Anyway, that title belongs to Usain Bolt so I'd like to disagree. Fastest on skates though. With puck, McDavid. Without puck, maybe Miles Wood.

This leaf fan agrees w this in its entirety.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You don’t pay for the athletic because TSN made a dumb tweet¿ What¿ lol
It's called a joke, chief. A facetious one. But a joke. I don't pay for the athletic because I don't feel like paying for sports journalism if I don't have to.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Kappy is fast sure but i think there are a few that are faster, but hes in the upper echelon for sure.
Where kappy really shines is how strong he is with the puck with speed, players bounce off of him. That and out of most speedsters he can grind better then them and win board battles. His ability to grind out plays and speed away is just great.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Well, unlike things like hockey IQ or stickhandling, we can at least directly measure who's the fastest.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Quote goes "Kapanen is the fastest person on earth" so the title is kinda misleading here. Anyway, that title belongs to Usain Bolt so I'd like to disagree. Fastest on skates though. With puck, McDavid. Without puck, maybe Miles Wood.
But people can skate faster than run. So wouldn't the fastest hockey player be faster than the fastest runner?

Also, let's keep in mind that even the fastest hockey player is not the fastest skater. These guys would get blown away by speed skaters.

Reactions: Kevs Security

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
But people can skate faster than run. So wouldn't the fastest hockey player be faster than the fastest runner?

Also, let's keep in mind that even the fastest hockey player is not the fastest skater. These guys would get blown away by speed skaters.
Good point on here. Just going by the label that's been given to Usain Bolt - the fastest human without equipment (excluding running shoes of course). And then I started talking about the fastest skater within the hockey world. But right on, speed skaters are faster than McDavid.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
This is a bold statement from a guy who has played against less than half the teams/players in the NHL.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

I don't know if that's true depending on how long the race is. Top speed, sure, but would a speed skater beat an NHL player in a 1 lap race with those clunky skates? I know speed skaters get up to like 35mph but that's after settling in after a lap or two. Hockey players hit top speed in seconds.

Reactions: byrath

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You've got to be kidding with this, both TSN and OP, if you watch his interview he says it in a complimentary and intentionally exaggerated way.

The same kind of comment would be if a player said McDavid could score about a million points this year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
oiler fans get butthurt because sparks gives an offhand compliment to his ahl buddy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Barry Allen AKA The Flash. ;)

Every Finn already knows that Kapanen is the 2nd fastest player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad