Gardiner or Rielly?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
We have been waiting for so long to have good PMD and when we are in a great position to have two young ones at the same time, people want to trade one of them, any rational explanation ?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Odds are both.

People will look to steal them but why trade either? They aren't the same. Goodbye Liles,no more problem.

Keep Both unless Pitts. offers Crosby . What? It could happpen....

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Morgan Rielly, obviously. He can control pace of the game a lot better than Jake. I also think what makes his stand out is his intelligence and his ability to make long-term plays. If anything, I can see him developing into a two-way defenceman, while Gardiner is going to be a top pairing offensive type.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
We have been waiting for so long to have good PMD and when we are in a great position to have two young ones at the same time, people want to trade one of them, any rational explanation ?

It's a hypothetical situation.

It's moreso to distinguish between two Leaf PMD that are in many ways similar and yet are in different stages in development. Basically its the age old argument: proven vs potential, which is prolly the most reoccuring theme in all of HFboards.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If I had to pick one, It would be Jake Gardiner because he is better right now. Even if Reilly could become the better player, there is a chance that he wont. If Reilly can get anywhere close to what Gardiner displayed against Boston, the Leafs will have 2 superior puck movers. Gardiner has all the tools to become one of the top puck movers in the NHL.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
this board is a joke

Rielly hasnt played a game as a Leaf
and he gets more votes

just saying, a perspective

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
if we were to trade one of them, i'll opt for rielly. not sure if he'll pan-out even if he has the potential. not all prospects with potential pan-out. look at cam barker and thomas hickey as examples. even EJ in Colorado seems like a bust.

jake gardiner has shown he can play at the nhl level and somewhat well in the playoffs as well, so i opt to keep him in our d-squad.

until rielly proves himself at the pro level, he'll be the odd man out between them.

BigMac*

Is there a reason we have to choose? How many NHL teams have 2 solid PMD in their lineup. If an opportunity cam today to flip one for an equally valued center, Id move Reilly.

leafspring*

this board is a joke

Rielly hasnt played a game as a Leaf
and he gets more votes

just saying, a perspective

These 2 players are keepers for starters and a poll inclining me to option 1 off is wrong. You keep both obviously lol.

Jake will be the old veteran teaching Morgan in a couple years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad