Speculation: Gardiner or Kadri has worn their Leaf jersey for the last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I hope they both get traded:

1) Because I have a very short attention span.
2) Because change for the sake of change is always good.
3) Because I can already tell that neither one will end up in the Hall of Fame.
4) Because I can't wait any longer for them to develop.
5) Because trading young players on the rise works so well for so many other teams.
6) Because maybe we will get more draft choices and draft choices are like getting shiny new toys to play with.

That wasn't insulting enough, dig deep down and make them feel bad!!;)

ForSpareParts*

@SportsnetSpec: If Jake Gardiner is made available by TOR, expect interest from EDM but not CGY.:D

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I hope they both get traded:

1) Because I have a very short attention span.
2) Because change for the sake of change is always good.
3) Because I can already tell that neither one will end up in the Hall of Fame.
4) Because I can't wait any longer for them to develop.
5) Because trading young players on the rise works so well for so many other teams.
6) Because maybe we will get more draft choices and draft choices are like getting shiny new toys to play with.

So what you're saying ..

Kadri + Gardiner + 1st (+ Clarkson for cap reason) ---> Kesler & Edler.

Nonis gets his top line 2-way center and a top 4 dman in one swoop and for cap reason to accommodate the trade dumps Clarkson's contract.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So what you're saying ..

Kadri + Gardiner + 1st (+ Clarkson for cap reason) ---> Kesler & Edler.

Nonis gets his top line 2-way center and a top 4 dman in one swoop and for cap reason to accommodate the trade dumps Clarkson's contract.
You think you are going to get Kesler and Edler for that. Suggest it on the Canuck home page and see what response you get.

But put it this way. Let's just consider a straight-up Kesler for Kadri trade, which one Canuck poster actually offered. You'd take Kesler, I assume. Who do you think is likely to have the better next five or six years? I take the guy with the sick hands who is six years younger. You want to waste our youth on aging veterans whose best days are behind them, then you haven't learned much from Leaf history.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You think you are going to get Kesler and Edler for that. Suggest it on the Canuck home page and see what response you get.

But put it this way. Let's just consider a straight-up Kesler for Kadri trade, which one Canuck poster actually offered. You'd take Kesler, I assume. Who do you think is likely to have the better next five or six years? I take the guy with the sick hands who is six years younger. You want to waste our youth on veterans, then you haven't learned much from Leaf history.

You were proposing the trading of both young players in your post, hoping both would be shipped out today.

I was trying to gauge what you wanted. ;)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You were proposing the trading of both young players in your post, hoping both would be shipped out today.

I was trying to gauge what you wanted. ;)
I was proposing no such thing. I was pissed off at the dingbats who do want to trade them.

That post was facetious, which a couple of other posters clearly understood. Try another read. I hate using that dumb sarcasm icon, but I guess that I should. To be ultra clear, I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE KADRI OR GARDINER.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was proposing no such thing.

That post was facetious, which a couple of other posters clearly understood. Try another read. I hate using that dumb sarcasm icon, but I guess that I should. To be ultra clear, I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE KADRI OR GARDINER.

Sarcasm is a two way street, so how come you took my post differently then it was intended?. ;)

Did you think I was being serious (I thought the trading of Clarkson would have put it over the top facetiously)?.

I voted for neither to get traded. However I have no personal attachment to either player and if Nonis can make a hockey deal ie Gardiner for Tyler Myers for example I wouldn't be opposed to him trying to upgrade the defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad