Speculation: Gardiner or Kadri has worn their Leaf jersey for the last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
the fact so many think they are both safe, should tell you that one of the two is gone. With how today has unfolded, I think its safe to say Vancouver is in rebuild mode...they now have lack and markstrom...no way they are done. I could see Reimer go we get markstrom and then id think they would take kadri for kesler...now the leafs being close to the cap need to add a cap dump player so kule goes as well and we get #2 pick.

Regardless....Nonis and Randy have for sure talked, no mystery balanced scoring is a huge issue..and I think more so than dfence. Bowen said yesterday its a team dfence problem..I agree. While I do agree bringing in a top 4 would be great..I am way more concerned with our scoring. Last night was proof..if Kessel line is held off the board where is our danger? Kadri has been garbage minus maybe 10 games, Lupul is slumping and Clarkson is a ghost. Then the next line? Who do we have? Bolland back wont fix offense, it will help the team dfence. So in my mind one or both of kads and gardiner go..they are easily our biggest chips, and both can go. As said Kadri has been given his chance, and I think its time to cut him loose, Gardiner is good and will be great, BUT we as leaf fans always complain about our GM not making deals, well the time is now. Burke era all I heard was "why didnt we do anything again," whether it was deadline day or UFA...so Nonis era...we grab Clarkson and go figure he has a forgettable year BUT I look at it as Nonis went out and tried to make us better, he isnt psychic. I think Clarksons suspension and then subsequent injuries after have had a lot to do with his play.

To finish off, Bernier said earlier in the week he doesnt think we can contend with the defensive play we have had this year. A team player saying that? Ya something will happen.

I can say Kule will be probably our first to go for cap space, that will lead into a bigger deal where Kadri or Gardiner is gone. Also hearing Luke Schenn in play..lets grab him back he wont be as expensive as jvr for schenn deal. So grab him give up maybe a franson in favor...

But in any case one of the kids is gone, if not I think its a mistake UNLESS the return isnt fair, Nonis wont trade either if he doesnt get exactly what he wants because they are top return players

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
No.

Really powerful propaganda from Leaf fans calling him "the next Niedermeyer".

I just don't think he is.

Literally nobody has called him the next Niedermayer, and many teams would line up for the chance to get Gardiner straight up for a first round pick.

ForSpareParts*

Literally nobody has called him the next Niedermayer, and many teams would line up for the chance to get Gardiner straight up for a first round pick.

I was said on this very board.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I was said on this very board.

Just because the village drunk says something, doesn't make it the opinion of the entire town.

It's going to be funny listening to people putting Kadri in trade rumors when he's 32, and delivering for us in the playoffs.

mikebel111*

the fact so many think they are both safe, should tell you that one of the two is gone. With how today has unfolded, I think its safe to say Vancouver is in rebuild mode...they now have lack and markstrom...no way they are done. I could see Reimer go we get markstrom and then id think they would take kadri for kesler...now the leafs being close to the cap need to add a cap dump player so kule goes as well and we get #2 pick.

Regardless....Nonis and Randy have for sure talked, no mystery balanced scoring is a huge issue..and I think more so than dfence. Bowen said yesterday its a team dfence problem..I agree. While I do agree bringing in a top 4 would be great..I am way more concerned with our scoring. Last night was proof..if Kessel line is held off the board where is our danger? Kadri has been garbage minus maybe 10 games, Lupul is slumping and Clarkson is a ghost. Then the next line? Who do we have? Bolland back wont fix offense, it will help the team dfence. So in my mind one or both of kads and gardiner go..they are easily our biggest chips, and both can go. As said Kadri has been given his chance, and I think its time to cut him loose, Gardiner is good and will be great, BUT we as leaf fans always complain about our GM not making deals, well the time is now. Burke era all I heard was "why didnt we do anything again," whether it was deadline day or UFA...so Nonis era...we grab Clarkson and go figure he has a forgettable year BUT I look at it as Nonis went out and tried to make us better, he isnt psychic. I think Clarksons suspension and then subsequent injuries after have had a lot to do with his play.

To finish off, Bernier said earlier in the week he doesnt think we can contend with the defensive play we have had this year. A team player saying that? Ya something will happen.

I can say Kule will be probably our first to go for cap space, that will lead into a bigger deal where Kadri or Gardiner is gone. Also hearing Luke Schenn in play..lets grab him back he wont be as expensive as jvr for schenn deal. So grab him give up maybe a franson in favor...

But in any case one of the kids is gone, if not I think its a mistake UNLESS the return isnt fair, Nonis wont trade either if he doesnt get exactly what he wants because they are top return players

Cut kadri loose? The kid is close to a 60 point pace in his first full season
What else do u want?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
it better be gardiner, we can't give up a center for a dman. Gimme a regehr/mitchell type guy who is a legit #3 and in there late 20's/early 30's and will solidify our defense;reilly paired with them so he can learn how to defend and play his game, and franson and gleason would be our bottom pairing so franson can be a #6 and ppqb for the rest of the season(so he can hopefully be a legit top 4 dman in the playoffs again). Could care less if gardiner could still breakout he doesn't have amazing value and the only way we get someone to improve our defense without gutting our team is to get a guy with a few years left.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I really think the Leafs may land Niskannen. I know Penguins need D but Niskannen seems like the D we would target

The price will be high, possibly Gardiner and Kulimen.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think Leafs do anything worth mentioning tomorrow.

How can the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs sit idly? This team can be really good, they just need a little bit of help. If they end up missing the playoffs this year, and Nonis did not do a thing, I hope he will get roasted hard! Sick of this, I want to get better. I want to see this team in the playoffs and doing some damage finally.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
How can the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs sit idly? This team can be really good, they just need a little bit of help. If they end up missing the playoffs this year, and Nonis did not do a thing, I hope he will get roasted hard! Sick of this, I want to get better. I want to see this team in the playoffs and doing some damage finally.

29 other teams don't want to help you though.
The kind of help the Leafs need will require trading players you don't want to move.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Both should be traded while their value is the highest it probably will ever be.

I don't see it happening tomorrow, however...

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Cut kadri loose? The kid is close to a 60 point pace in his first full season

He'd have to go at a point a game pace for the rest of the season to hit 60 points. There is no way in hell that happens.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Go home. Kadri is exactly what we need on this team and trading him would be a huge mistake. HUGE mistake.

Why? He hasn't proven much yet and if he is the cost for a piece that fits and performs then trading him is a good idea.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Go home. Kadri is exactly what we need on this team and trading him would be a huge mistake. HUGE mistake.

a centre who can't stay on his skates and doesn't show up for weeks at a time?

cool.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I hope Kadri isn't moved. Gardiner, for the right price, can be. So none of that Gardiner + 1st for Edler BS. Only if it's another decent young player coming back, not some UFA who hasn't even played that well.

ForSpareParts*

Just because the village drunk says something, doesn't make it the opinion of the entire town.

It's going to be funny listening to people putting Kadri in trade rumors when he's 32, and delivering for us in the playoffs.

Actually it's the opposite. Someone hears it from other people they respect, and it echoes throughout the fan base. It's being debunked by people like you because 3 years later he doesn't show an ounce of Niedermeyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad