Speculation: Gardiner or Kadri has worn their Leaf jersey for the last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
however Steen was always a _smart_ player.

Kadri isn't?

There's things you can question about him like commitment defensively and in the weight room. But hockey IQ isn't something I'd class as an issue with him.

He's just a bit lazy really.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why wouldn't you just make the post one choice only

-Only Kadri will be traded
-Only Gardiner will be traded
-Both Kadri and Gardiner will be traded
-Neither will be traded

Obvious truth is though that neither is getting traded

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
No way we should trade Kadri. But he should be moved to the wing. We need another centre.

Gardiner I would move for the right return. If we could package him with a couple other assets for a top six centre or top minute defenceman I'd do it.

If I'm GM the two guys I'm looking to move tomorrow are Kulemin and Raymond. I don't see Kulemin being resigned in the summer.

I do think they'll try to resign Raymond but they shouldn't. He's too inconsistent to give a big contract to. Get rid of Raymond, get a centre and move Kadri to the wing.

IonizedCookie

Dec 29, 2012
Niagara Falls, ON
No way we should trade Kadri. But he should be moved to the wing. We need another centre.

Gardiner I would move for the right return. If we could package him with a couple other assets for a top six centre or top minute defenceman I'd do it.

If I'm GM the two guys I'm looking to move tomorrow are Kulemin and Raymond. I don't see Kulemin being resigned in the summer.

I do think they'll try to resign Raymond but they shouldn't. He's too inconsistent to give a big contract to. Get rid of Raymond, get a centre and move Kadri to the wing.

Lupul, Kulemin, Kadri. Why don't they try this...? Kadri is atrocious at C and somehow Kulemin is better than Kadri there lol.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I hope they both get traded:

1) Because I have a very short attention span.
2) Because change for the sake of change is always good.
3) Because I can already tell that neither one will end up in the Hall of Fame.
4) Because I can't wait any longer for them to develop.
5) Because trading young players on the rise works so well for so many other teams.
6) Because maybe we will get more draft choices and draft choices are like getting shiny new toys to play with.

mikebel111*

Kadri on wing is a terrible idea. It takes away his talent
No thanks!

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012

5) Because trading young players on the rise works so well for so many other teams.
6) Because maybe we will get more draft choices and draft choices are like getting shiny new toys to play with.

^^^ Beauty.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Voted for Gardiner. Just haven't seen enough/any improvement since his rookie season for me to believe that he may get that much better as a player.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

I thought you were serious for a seconds.

Now I just quoted it for appreciation.

Well done!:handclap:

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
^^^ Beauty.

Perfect.

PK Subban has a -52 Turnover plus/ Minus

Paul Ranger, Dion Phaneuf, Cody Franson and Jake Gardiner have a combined -72 turnover plus minus (difference in giveaways and takeaways) A Norris trophy winner. he has 42 pts though, still combined we have 36 more. We are not so bad- A middle of the pack team not so strangely, in the middle of the pack. Relax we are young we should just enjoy the ride. We can not change history so we shouldn't dwell on it.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Kadri isn't?

There's things you can question about him like commitment defensively and in the weight room. But hockey IQ isn't something I'd class as an issue with him.

He's just a bit lazy really.

Is complacency his friend?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Did u honestly take that seriously? It was a joke.
Seriously people need to let the kid play. Instead of going after him every step, let him play

It was a relevant reference, in more ways than one.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I think we need Gardiner down the stretch. He's definitely a good chip to trade, but our defense is already dismal and looks even worse without him.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
While I don't believe either will be traded, if there is a trade I think it will be based around Gardiner.

If it were for either Edler or Erhoff or a really long shot on Stastny. I think we are out on the Kesler sweepstakes since Philly or the Pens will pay hefty prices.

I do think if we make a move either Bolland or Kulemin are on their way out before we bring anyone in. Hopefully Bolland considering what is rumored to be his asking price and consistent injury history over the last few seasons. Love the guy, hate what he is asking, hate his health issues. We can't have another Lupul on our hands.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri and Gardiner have played badly of late, probably due to the trade deadline and having their names mentioned as being most likely moved.

When the deadline passes, they should have a weight lifted off of their shoulders. This is not an excuse for their play of late, because it is part of being a pro.

Hopefully a learning experience for both. We need them to be better for the betterment of the team.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I agree it would he ridiculous to move either one of them, but how often are guys like Kesler, Edler, Yandle and Ernhoff available?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Ideally, we'd ship Kulemin + Franson + 2014 1st to get one of Edler, Ernhoff or Yandle. Unlikely, though.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Neither.

Kadri will simply not be dealt. That shouldn't require an explanation. Why trade Gardiner now when his value is low?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad