Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
You said "load"
E737D3F3-ACEB-4CB4-A46D-662E055C98B3.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looking back at the game, I caught this from Mr. Genucel :

Dano : "Blackwood did not get a ton of support. Devils were sloppy."

Oh give me a break, Dano.

There's only so much BS you can shovel.
He was still apologizing for Blackwood and rationalizing by the 3rd period.

And Bill was pumping up how good the “Trio” has been in goal this year and “well above average” and I’m pretty sure he started getting scored on after that. I think he had only allowed one before that.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe WE are the team of destiny?
The only team that’s really scary to me this year in either conference is Boston.

It doesn’t mean I don’t think we can’t lose to anybody else, they’re just the only one that scares me.

And that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them either. Maybe somebody else does it? I’m thinking they probably take Florida in 6, but they could also take them in 4 or 5.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Anyway Hat's off to Carolina on winning the division. Isles are going to give them fits bigtime. Pick'em series IMO. Goals should be hard to come buy. Like Carolina's less shitty PP to come through. Canes in 7.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The only team that’s really scary to me this year in either conference is Boston.

It doesn’t mean I don’t think we can’t lose to anybody else, they’re just the only one that scares me.

And that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them either. Maybe somebody else does it? I’m thinking they probably take Florida in 6, but they could also take them in 4 or 5.
Same here . If we play our game , I am confident we can beat anyone . Bruins however will be very hard for anyone to beat . It will take a hot team riding excellent goaltending and nearly mistake free jockey to win .

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can’t blame Ruff for starting Blackwood tonight, which was merely to rest Vanecek.

Although it did seem way too tempting when Schmid was called up and Vitek didn’t even dress, but of course he had that game in Boston the last we saw him.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Same here . If we play our game , I am confident we can beat anyone . Bruins however will be very hard for anyone to beat . It will take a hot team riding excellent goaltending and nearly mistake free jockey
Igor is gonna have his moments of wow. Just like Levi did the other night and even Keumper tonight. We overcome not getting "goalied" as well as any team can. Granted tonight's oppenet was in full garage time mode.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Igor is gonna have his moments of wow. Just like Levi did the other night and even Keumper tonight. We overcome not getting "goalied" as well as any team can. Granted tonight's oppenet was in full garage time mode.
We are like Hurricanes, Hurricanes with more talent. We pepper the net but get a higher number of high danger scoring chances.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Can’t blame Ruff for starting Blackwood tonight, which was merely to rest Vanecek.

Although it did seem way too tempting when Schmid was called up and Vitek didn’t even dress, but of course he had that game in Boston the last we saw him.
This team plays their worst defense all year infront of Blackwood. Coincidence? Maybe he's not well liked in the room? He stinks but, has alos been hung out to dry or forced to make 40 plus saves. Anyway it's looks like a cancer from where I'm seeing and thinking.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully we can still get Haula back for cheap after he rattled off all those goals late in the season.

His shooting percentage is still below his career norms by a bit, but nothing absurdly low to end the season.

He had 23 more shots on goal this year in only 2 more games played than he had last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team plays their worst defense all year infront of Blackwood. Coincidence? Maybe he's not well liked in the room? He stinks but, has alos been hung out to dry or forced to make 40 plus saves. Anyway it's looks like a cancer from where I'm seeing and thinking.
I don’t wanna say he isn’t well liked in the locker room, because I don’t know. They may have been pissed at him over the vaccine stuff, but I also think that’s water under the bridge at this point. Both because he did get it in the end and that was 1.5 years ago now.

I do think they know he isn’t as good of goalie and the guys that have been here for years can see that these types of games happen fairly frequently with him and it’s very rare they happen when one of other two goalies this year play games.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
No vaxx for that.
I think some of it comes back to that perhaps. I also thought he was getting delt over the summer.

I don’t wanna say he isn’t well liked in the locker room, because I don’t know. They may have been pissed at him over the vaccine stuff, but I also think that’s water under the bridge at this point. Both because he did get it in the end and that was 1.5 years ago now.

I do think they know he isn’t as good of goalie and the guys that have been here for years can see that these types of games happen fairly frequently with him and it’s very rare they happen when one of other two goalies this year play games.
They play differently when he's in net. By differently not as good.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad