GDT: Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Though I admit, I am somewhat optimistic here about this game.

I mean, the Oil did manage to upgrade their current defence (not a difficult task, considering it's Garrison and Wideman out), and it's not like much of value was lost (I'd have been fine losing Caggs on waivers, and a 3rd is acceptable in exchange for an NHL player).

If they can get the defence back to at least looking passable again, that'll at least help the forwards and goalies look better.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Though I admit, I am somewhat optimistic here about this game.

I mean, the Oil did manage to upgrade their current defence (not a difficult task, considering it's Garrison and Wideman out), and it's not like much of value was lost (I'd have been fine losing Caggs on waivers, and a 3rd is acceptable in exchange for an NHL player).

If they can get the defence back to at least looking passable again, that'll at least help the forwards and goalies look better.

As long as you're satisfied with the defence today.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Definitely agree about the 3rd and 4th lines. Just seems like the rest of our forwards thrown together to make a bottom-6.

Also agree about Gravel. He was actually playing like a #4 Dman and really stepped up with all these injuries. I think it is Chia's doing to bench him. It would look bad on Chia if he trades for two assets and immediately scratches them. Which sucks, because Gravel is better than both Manning or Petrovic.

Is Chia the new coach?:nod:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
As long as you're satisfied with the defence today.

Ehh they were better last game, and the Jets are a good attacking team.

If they can get to a point where they're not bleeding chances against and able to somewhat move the puck forward, then you're back to hoping Hitch's system can cover for it, and McDavid can continue to pull a rabbit out of his hat to generate offence.

Reactions: Cypress

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Bec
Not to say he'd make any difference, but if the plan was to trade Caggs, why do you waive Zykov days eariler right after Chiasson goes down and on to the IR?

What was okay depth just evaporated over the course of a week due to injuries (Chiasson and Yama) and mis-management. Though I guess that "depth" has now been moved to defence... Thus, I look forward to losing Gravel on waviers once Russell is back...
Because this was not a knee-jerk reaction and there is a plan, something, something.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Where the f*** is Gravel??? Every time he's played I thought he did pretty damn well at limiting chances. Why is he being scratched? Why the f*** are Benning and Manning playing together? They both make the same blunders.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Where the **** is Gravel??? Every time he's played I thought he did pretty damn well at limiting chances. Why is he being scratched? Why the **** are Benning and Manning playing together? They both make the same blunders.
negative x negative = positive?

Reactions: McNuge

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
negative x negative = positive?
upload_2019-1-2_14-12-12.jpeg

Reactions: Laodongxi

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Might as well keep losing at this point to really cement some changes this off season. Start the new year off right I say.

Reactions: McDrai

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

He would have to believe Oilers fans are stupid to tweet something like that.

They always come across like they have so much contempt for a fan base that has consistently sold out the building for horrible teams since Katz bought the club. (but maybe that's why they think the fans are stupid)

Reactions: frag2

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I love how the GDT is "Game"

I liked the PGT too where the OP said he puked in his mouth a little looking at the lines. This is where we are at. Well done.

jebus another toilet bowl.

Arizona has about 5 players I'd even want and they might beat us. But Any Yotes fans might be saying the same thing.
It is the first PGT of three! It will be followed by “Set” and “Match”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad