GDT: Game XX: Avs @ Les Habitants: Just Win, S'il Vous Plaît (7pm ET / 5pm MT)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No idea how it will work cap space wise if Frankie is coming back. We're $1.1M over the cap right now which is only possible thanks to using Frankie's LTIR space.

So if Frank comes back and off of LTIR We need to drop cap.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The Eagles tweeted photos of Frankie at practice this morning. Can they even get him to Montreal that fast? Let alone the jet lag that guy will be feeling to jump straight onto the ice.

I'm thinking back to Johannaon or Kuemper is good to go.

Very strange

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think they go hand in hand, though. Last night is a perfect example. Awful game by Johansson, but again:

1st goal is basically a breakaway
3rd goal a man all alone in front with nothing but time
5th goal a man all alone in front with at least 3 whacks at the puck before someone even touches him
6th goal a man beats our man to the front of the net for a point blank chance

Our goaltending is letting us down, but our defensive coverage has been horrendous. Bednar has harped on it all season long and it doesn't seem to be improving. Sure, against the bad teams we look like world beaters but against competent teams we struggle tremendously.

I'd argue the 1st goal is only kind of a breakaway. Clean shot but it was still at an angle. A good goalie might let that past, but not necessarily.

Third goal was inexcusably bad defense. I'll chalk that up to MacKinnon missing time, he wandered away from the slot while the defensemen were trying to battle for pucks.

Fifth goal was horrid defense, yes, especially from EJ and Megna, but there wouldn't be "three whacks at it" if JoJo could corral a goddamned puck to save his life. He wasn't just fighting the puck last night, he was entering into aa steel cage match with it, and he was Leaping Lenny Poffo. Even routine saves looked like he was being taken by surprise. Just no ability to track the puck whatsoever.

Sixth goal (was that the hat trick one? I don't even want to look it up) was Landy making a terrible outlet pass, Sammy failing to hustle hard to catch up with it, then both Landy and Sammy giving WAY too much room to Auston Matthews in transition. I still didn't love that goal, even though it was Matthews. It just felt like JoJo had given up at that point. He certainly did on that 8th goal.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t even like the idea of Francouz starting, guy hasn’t played in like 2 years and you want to start him over the AHL goalie of the month?

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
You think if Montreal drops 9 on us again we will be allowed to talk about Bednar's ability again?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd argue the 1st goal is only kind of a breakaway. Clean shot but it was still at an angle. A good goalie might let that past, but not necessarily.

Third goal was inexcusably bad defense. I'll chalk that up to MacKinnon missing time, he wandered away from the slot while the defensemen were trying to battle for pucks.

Fifth goal was horrid defense, yes, especially from EJ and Megna, but there wouldn't be "three whacks at it" if JoJo could corral a goddamned puck to save his life. He wasn't just fighting the puck last night, he was entering into aa steel cage match with it, and he was Leaping Lenny Poffo. Even routine saves looked like he was being taken by surprise. Just no ability to track the puck whatsoever.

Sixth goal (was that the hat trick one? I don't even want to look it up) was Landy making a terrible outlet pass, Sammy failing to hustle hard to catch up with it, then both Landy and Sammy giving WAY too much room to Auston Matthews in transition. I still didn't love that goal, even though it was Matthews. It just felt like JoJo had given up at that point. He certainly did on that 8th goal.
Sixth goal was Marner to Matthews in front after both Kadri and Byram turned the puck over and Byram got beat to the front of the net.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sixth goal was Marner to Matthews in front after both Kadri and Byram turned the puck over and Byram got beat to the front of the net.

Ohhhhh that one. Okay, yeah, that was bad. Also tissue soft and half-assed "defense" from Burakovsky who was just standing there in the slot area. If he had just stepped a little to the left it would've made Matthews' path to the front of the net just a tad more difficult.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why is it so hard to understand that when it comes to prospects it's not always up to the coaches if they play or not.
The management (Sakic) has to green light it as well. And there are reasons why they, sometimes, hesitate.

Exactly, good Lord people, get over yourselves. If you think Patrick Roy would have somehow "won" this battle, you're wrong.

That's implying there even is a battle to be won or lost here.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad