GDT: Game XX: Avs @ Les Habitants: Just Win, S'il Vous Plaît (7pm ET / 5pm MT)

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
upload_2021-12-2_9-48-12.png

upload_2021-12-2_9-48-37.png

upload_2021-12-2_9-48-58.png

upload_2021-12-2_9-49-18.png

upload_2021-12-2_9-49-38.png

upload_2021-12-2_9-56-21.png

upload_2021-12-2_10-8-19.png

upload_2021-12-2_10-2-55.png

*** No Music Today, Just Some of the Greatest Gems In TV History ***

** Petition for Sakic to Sign JC Petit **

** Down With Les Hiques **

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Bedsy you bozo stop the obsession with stacking your top line. You cannot win a cup with a mediocre bottom six, it ain't happening.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bedsy you bozo stop the obsession with stacking your top line. You cannot win a cup with a mediocre bottom six, it ain't happening.
0 clue why he never pairs Rants and Kadri together.
Landy-Mack
Kadri-Rants

Would really help the forward depth issues at least somewhat in the top 6.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Annunen starts, I expect an absurd effort from the team and a 5-1 win. Annunen is anointed the next messiah, then proceeds to let in 7 goals in his next start. :nod:

I'm old enough to remember when Annunen had a million shut outs in whatever European league he was playing in and we had the second coming of Patrick Roy.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Even if Avs win it's like, really, who cares, it's another bottom feeder. Nearly every Good Team this squad has faced thus far -- Toronto, Florida, Vegas, Dallas, Washington -- has been a wash of a game. I'm not usually so pathetically cynical but I just feel so depleted at this point in time. I might check back up on these goofs in the new year, I don't know, but anyway, enjoy the games as best you can, I guess.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Even if Avs win it's like, really, who cares, it's another bottom feeder. Nearly every Good Team this squad has faced thus far -- Toronto, Florida, Vegas, Dallas, Washington -- has been a wash of a game. I'm not usually so pathetically cynical but I just feel so depleted at this point in time. I might check back up on these goofs in the new year, I don't know, but anyway, enjoy the games as best you can, I guess.

The Vegas and Dallas games were the biggest tells for me. If you can't even be competitive in those revenge games then there are some major issues to sort out

Reactions: Btas and Reparlana

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
The Avs did beat TB, STL, MIN, and ANA though. Seems like the cynical side is showing.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Toronto - Third string goaltender
Florida - Third string goaltender. Missing Nuke, Toews
Vegas - Missing Nuke, Toews
Dallas - Missing MacKinnon, Byram
Washington - Missing Landeskog, Toews

In every game they're either starting a goaltender who shouldn't be in the NHL or missing multiple key guys. I'm not absolving them from all blame, they need to play better, but the Avs have been injured as f*** this season.

And lets keep in mind they did beat TB, STL, MIN, SJ (who are/were playing well), ANA (Who is playing well). They're beating good teams too. They just need to get healthy and stay somewhat healthy. Johansson is starting way too many games this season.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Why are you guys so obsessed with beating bottom feeders? We must absolutely be able to keep above a .500 pace against CONTENDERS, not bottom feeders.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Anaheim are not really that good though. The bottom will drop out on them soon enough
This isn't personal against you, but this line of thinking really bothers me. If the Avs beat a team who is playing well (regardless if the bottom will drop out at some point in the future) there is always some mitigating reason why. Anaheim were playing well at the time we played them, nothing else really matters. Even if they are pretenders long-term, at the time we played them they were doing well, who cares if they will be shit at some other time.

If the Avs win, it's because of some context as to why.
If the Avs lose, no context is considered and we're an awful team.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
This isn't personal against you, but this line of thinking really bothers me. If the Avs beat a team who is playing well (regardless if the bottom will drop out at some point in the future) there is always some mitigating reason why. Anaheim were playing well at the time we played them, nothing else really matters. Even if they are pretenders long-term, at the time we played them they were doing well, who cares if they will be shit at some other time.

If the Avs win, it's because of some context as to why.
If the Avs lose, no context is considered and we're an awful team.
I get ya. Very true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad