GDT: Game XX: Avs @ Les Habitants: Just Win, S'il Vous Plaît (7pm ET / 5pm MT)

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
The super frustrating thing Mack does is hold the puck down low and skate all the way up to the blueline passing up open players then launching a 50 ft shot. This almost always kills the offensive zone possession. Any other player did this they'd get shit on

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
MacK was looking good against Montreal from what I saw.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
MacK was looking good against Montreal from what I saw.

I think he started to get better as the game went on, but I don't think he started well. And his game is crazy frenetic, just wants to take immediate action at crazy acceleration. It leads to him making a lot of mistakes IMO.

Don't get me wrong, fast is the name of his game, but I think he'd benefit from being more unpredictable.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The super frustrating thing Mack does is hold the puck down low and skate all the way up to the blueline passing up open players then launching a 50 ft shot. This almost always kills the offensive zone possession. Any other player did this they'd get shit on
Im not sure when Mackinnon became a perimeter player but thats what he is these days. Hes still an obvious threat on the outside but I kinda want him attacking the net between the circles alot more.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think Mack has a lot of confidence right now either.

1 Goal on the season despite the 11 assists is definitely getting to him and frustration is setting in a bit.

I hate how the guys always defer to him but he really needs a goal right now IMO.

Reactions: Roy33

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I dont think Mack has a lot of confidence right now either.

1 Goal on the season despite the 11 assists is definitely getting to him and frustration is setting in a bit.

I hate how the guys always defer to him but he really needs a goal right now IMO.

Needs to come naturally IMO. Look at how many different guys scored when he was out. Instead of trying to force him a goal, play as a unit like they were doing and he’ll get on the board.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
rewatching the game right now because im trying to get some sleep for a long night tonight...anyways its dawned on me who LOC reminds me of on the PK. Its not Matt Calvert. Its John Madden. Madden was a threat to score everytime he was on a penalty kill. He had great awareness to go along with great speed. I recall him scoring a bunch of shorties in his rookie season. LOC is our version of John Madden on the PK. Also, that Jost penalty in the third was complete bullshit. Goodnight.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
rewatching the game right now because im trying to get some sleep for a long night tonight...anyways its dawned on me who LOC reminds me of on the PK. Its not Matt Calvert. Its John Madden. Madden was a threat to score everytime he was on a penalty kill. He had great awareness to go along with great speed. I recall him scoring a bunch of shorties in his rookie season. LOC is our version of John Madden on the PK. Also, that Jost penalty in the third was complete bullshit. Goodnight.

Him with Helm or Nuke is a great pairing on the PK. Good defensively and all have wheels for surprise rushes.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I love MacKinnon, and I very well may be overreacting, but I feel like he needs to chill a little. When he was out everything was just so much smoother and everybody was in sync. Then he comes back and it's back to the same old plan.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I love MacKinnon, and I very well may be overreacting, but I feel like he needs to chill a little. When he was out everything was just so much smoother and everybody was in sync. Then he comes back and it's back to the same old plan.
Needs to hit the bong here a little.

Reactions: Foppberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad