Post-Game Talk: Game # whatever | Canucks 3 - No wait! - 2 @ Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone else worried that Benning/Linden are thinking to themselves "Wow, this team really misses Sbisa, Prust and Sutter!"

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Is it time to get Horvat down to Utica?.....guy is delivering nothing on offense, and can't win a faceoff on the penalty kill....he needs to play 20 plus minutes in night in all situations...appears to have totally lost his confidence....if you want to take the longer term view, maybe he'd be better served in Utica.

Yes. I don't think Horvat has earned an unconditional 82 games regardless of his play. If he doesn't pick it up, then maybe the AHL is where he needs to go.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Anyone else worried that Benning/Linden are thinking to themselves "Wow, this team really misses Sbisa, Prust and Sutter!"

Probably. They wouldn't be wrong.

The team looks disinterested and lethargic.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Probably. They wouldn't be wrong.

The team looks disinterested and lethargic.

It's just not a really good team, gonna end up in no-man's land so all we can hope for is the young guys development to go well and for Benning to hit with the mid-1st we'll likely end up with.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Bad game but whatever. Just can't stand losing to the Leafs

And I'm suprised it's so gloomy around here when some of you guys were advocating for a full on tank. Looks like you got your wish :help:

Oh I don't mind the result too much. It's the way it happened and a ridiculous double standard by the league that has me caring at all.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I don't like to lose but when you take a deep breath you realize we have no shot in the playoffs with this roster. I want to win a cup and don't find much joy in losing in the 1st round. I also want this management team to realize that we will have to take some steps back to do so....This current core of prospects is still lacking elite talent. We have some nice pieces but still need the most important ones...1 C and 1 D which aren't easy to find if you're a middling team.

I don't think success is possible with the current management group. With all do respect to Linden, but he was given a position with out earning it. Just because he was a successful player doesn't automatically mean he knows what he's doing. He should have worked his way up the office ranks like all successful former players have done who are now very good managers. This team is in trouble until we get capable managers in place.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Some of you are soooo hilarious, the way you're frothing at the mouth about Toronto and the Leafs, and towards some Leafs fans apparently.

The Leafs won and were the better team. Get over it. Look squarely at your own team and how ****** they looked instead of whining about everything else. Stuff like yelling at a Leafs fan that you would NEVER trade any of our prospects for any of theirs sounds especially childish. Holy crap!

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Sending a player down doesn't help his confidence.

The problem is deployment by willie.

I just want Bo away from the "clutches of Old Coach Willie"

Sounds as bad as it is ... ha ha. I'll admit to being a poor judge of whether Willie is a good coach or not. There's something about the "reel good" comments that broke me and now I find I blame him for pretty much everything. The team, my winch mount not being strong enough on my vehicle. heartburn.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Prust is definitely missed, McCann and him had a great thing going and he hasn't been as effective since Prust got hurt. He's still playing well but there is a noticeable difference.

At least Sbisa is a really good PKer. I'm not saying him being out is the sole reason the PK is struggling but it would be remiss to say it's not part of it at all.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Miller has lost 5 games in a row, without getting past .900 s%. Only 1 win in 7 games.

He needs to sit, guy looks sluggish and tired.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Miller has lost 5 games in a row, without getting past .900 s%. Only 1 win in 7 games.

He needs to sit, guy looks sluggish and tired.

He got ran into twice with nothing and sat on when and the refs allowed the goal.

I know he's been pretty bad this trip but I don't even think a prime Roy would have won with the amount of ref ineptitude on that.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
For the roadtrip, yeah.

Last 2 games we've got Jets and Canadiens.

And both of those teams got trounced tonight.

the thing is that they have really good teams and if the Canucks play like they have the last 2 weeks the Jets and Habs will rebound on us.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Some of you are soooo hilarious, the way you're frothing at the mouth about Toronto and the Leafs, and towards some Leafs fans apparently.

The Leafs won and were the better team. Get over it. Look squarely at your own team and how ****** they looked instead of whining about everything else. Stuff like yelling at a Leafs fan that you would NEVER trade any of our prospects for any of theirs sounds especially childish. Holy crap!

Not sure there's really a call for this ... I mean, it was two posters who hadn't even posted here until the end of the game that were posting trash. Generally the griping has been reasonable and not focused on "Canada's Team" much at all.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I don't think success is possible with the current management group. With all do respect to Linden, but he was given a position with out earning it. Just because he was a successful player doesn't automatically mean he knows what he's doing. He should have worked his way up the office ranks like all successful former players have done who are now very good managers. This team is in trouble until we get capable managers in place.

I don't think success is possible either with this management group....but they seem stuck in trying to be a middling team and trying to sell ********. I get trying to win....but your best players are 35, your starting goaltender is 35....do they honestly expect this team to win a playoff round?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

Yeah, the Horvat struggle is real. It's getting pretty painful to watch actually. There's nothing there at the moment, offensively or defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad