Post-Game Talk: Game # whatever | Canucks 3 - No wait! - 2 @ Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
It's fine guys.

You guys are freaking out right now. We all basically said that this team is going to be bad, why is everyone surprised when we do suck?

The good thing this game is that McCann looked amazing this game IMO.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Positives
- Jannik Hansen
- Miller had a SV% that wasn't below .900 (it was exactly .900)
- Shinkaruk has a smile that brightens up my day, even in the press box.

Negatives
- Everything else.

We still haven't won a game where Miller lets in more than 1 goal. It's also the 5th straight loss for Miller.

Before the season started I didn't think we were a playoff team, and I still think that. I think Anaheim will figure their **** out eventually, and San Jose is coming around (even with Couture not in the lineup). If Arizona manages to keep it up they might take a wildcard spot as well.

We should be giving Markstrom a lot more starts, Miller can't be the starter forever. I also still think WD is an overrated coach, this team has been a mess lately and Willie's constant questionable decisions are rustling my jimmies to the max.

But in the end...

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Everything sucks.

The vets are old and slow, the kids are mistake prone, Miller lets in **** goals and our management group thinks we have a chance in the playoffs.

The future may look promising, but the present is just ugly.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
It's fine guys.

You guys are freaking out right now. We all basically said that this team is going to be bad, why is everyone surprised when we do suck?

The good thing this game is that McCann looked amazing this game IMO.

I get pissed off when the league is incapable of being consistent. There's room for human error but this is so far beyond that.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Toronto War Room 4
Vancouver Canucks 2

The odds were not in our favour

With all due respect.. Can you really say either of the calls were the wrong ones? If the teams were reversed, the plays are still offside etc.

I think you guys have some nice young pieces, but this is 1 game, and IMO the reffing wasn't bad. I look forward to your young guys getting some more experience, and having another Canadian team back to respectability status.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Positives
- Jannik Hansen

Negatives
- Everything else.

We still haven't won a game where Miller lets in more than 1 goal. It's also the 5th straight loss for Miller.

Before the season started I didn't think we were a playoff team, and I still think that. I think Anaheim will figure their **** out eventually, and San Jose is coming around (even with Couture not in the lineup). If Arizona manages to keep it up they might take a wildcard spot as well.

We should be giving Markstrom a lot more starts, Miller can't be the starter forever. I also still think WD is an overrated coach, this team has been a mess lately and Willie's constant questionable decisions are rustling my jimmies to the max.

How is WD overrated when literally everyone thinks he's trash?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Positives
- Jannik Hansen

Negatives
- Everything else.

Agreed... especially on the coach front. I truly believe he is one of the worst coaches we've ever had.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
How is WD overrated when literally everyone thinks he's trash?

I think he's worse than trash.

t0WRW.gif

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
With all due respect.. Can you really say either of the calls were the wrong ones? If the teams were reversed, the plays are still offside etc.

I think you guys have some nice young pieces, but this is 1 game, and IMO the reffing wasn't bad. I look forward to your young guys getting some more experience, and having another Canadian team back to respectability status.

Yeah, the reffing was horrible.

1) you can't touch the goalie in the trapezoid, intentional or not
2) you can't interfere with a goalie making a save (as was evidenced with Virtanen in Nj)

Those are just the two hugest ones, the amount of other interference garbage the leafs pulled without getting called is ****ing nonsense.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

...says the guy from the winning team. "Oh yeah, calls weren't that bad." Enjoy your blood PP goal on that ridiculous 5-on-3 from the Phaneuf dive.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013

Haha, leafs are so bad. Wouldn't trade 1 of our prospects for your entire trash pool of prospects. You guys can have our trash (Mattias, Corrado, Raymond... and all the other trash you've taken from us over the years). Thanks for stopping in the thread to tell us the game was totally fair!

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
soicowboy said:
Donno what to tell you to make you feel better but the nhl is a business and the Leafs are the biggest fish in the business. Nhl simply trying to make money, no different then the company you own/work for. Lets not make a big deal out of start times.
While this is true, it's also the precise reason that fans shouldn't be labelled "conspiracy theorists" for noting that the league has a pretty obvious interest in certain teams doing better than others, in order to maximize revenue. It would be an amazing act of anti-business altruism if the owners really treated all their franchises equally.

Moore Money said:
so what was the point of having Shinkaruk in the press box tonight while the Comets are playing? anyone have a rational explanation for this? would love to hear it.
As I said in that thread, they are mechanically calling up the guy who is "next" on the depth chart, rather than being strategic about a recall who is unlikely to play barring further injuries.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Looking real not good. They should start Miller on Monday. Need to let him bounce back, even if it takes all year!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Haha, leafs are so bad. Wouldn't trade 1 of our prospects for your entire trash pool of prospects. You guys can have our trash (Mattias, Corrado, Raymond... and all the other trash you've taken from us over the years). Thanks for stopping in the thread to tell us the game was totally fair!

You wouldn't trade Stewart for Nylander+Marner+? Ok bud, take a deep breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad