Post-Game Talk: Game # whatever | Canucks 3 - No wait! - 2 @ Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Good game fellas. I have a soft spot for Canucks as I occasionally visit these boards. :)

Glenn Healy sucks.

Every hockey fan agrees with you. Lucky for you, you only get him once in a while, while he is shoved on to our television sets every week.

Jim Hughson so pro Toronto now it's obnoxious as ****.

Funny, because Leafs fans think he's pro Canucks. Personally, I don't think he favors anyone, which won't go well with Leafs fans or probably here.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
To the guy in the last thread that said the NHL is almost unwatchable: I 100% agree. Officiating is all over the place.

How is that Virtanen hit 2 mins? He waited until Phaneuf presented his shoulder and pounded him. You can't play physical anymore if calls like this are going to happen. Any contact were a player goes down is getting called a penalty now.

Also LMAO at the Hansen no-goal. Take a look at this:

I know our team is bad, but I will always feel gross losing to the Leafs. Never acceptable.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
if this was 5 years ago I'd be mad but I don't really care either way. We lose we get closer to a better future. Not sure why everyone is getting upset over this. We lost...who cares who it was against. Nobody is going to remember this game 5 years from now. It's a meaningless game between two bad hockey teams which was evidenced by the amount of shots and scoring chances.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Good game fellas. I have a soft spot for Canucks as I occasionally visit these boards. :)

Every hockey fan agrees with you. Lucky for you, you only get him once in a while, while he is shoved on to our television sets every week.

Funny, because Leafs fans think he's pro Canucks. Personally, I don't think he favors anyone, which won't go well with Leafs fans or probably here.

Yeah.

It really is something else to see Leafs fans whine about Hughson, after 3 hours of rah-rah Go Leafs Go propaganda. I didn't even bother putting the sound on tonight.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Haha, leafs are so bad. Wouldn't trade 1 of our prospects for your entire trash pool of prospects. You guys can have our trash (Mattias, Corrado, Raymond... and all the other trash you've taken from us over the years). Thanks for stopping in the thread to tell us the game was totally fair!

If the Leafs are so bad, then what does that make the Oilers? :sarcasm:

I came in here to ask what people thought about Tanev's overall game. I only see about half a dozen Canucks games a season, but it seems like he's progressed a lot from last year.

Also, if you could explain to me what offside is, that would be great. Is it the same as icing?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
if this was 5 years ago I'd be mad but I don't really care either way. We lose we get closer to a better future. Not sure why everyone is getting upset over this. We lost...who cares who it was against. Nobody is going to remember this game 5 years from now. It's a meaningless game between two bad hockey teams which was evidenced by the amount of shots and scoring chances.

It's the nature of the beast. Nobody likes to lose, even when they want to.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Laughs fans think they just won the cup lmao, do they know that 3/4 of their roster are plugs and are probably gone next year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can't think of a 'Nucks team in recent memory which has a worse structure in its games....hoper passes, turnovers in terrible areas, can't win puck battles.....just bad.....can't decide if it's personnel or just bad coaching....or both....I just hope the kids don't pick up bad habits like the guys next door in Edmonton....otherwise this year could be wasted, other than getting a decent draft pick.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
after a nice start, the team is showing what we all thought they would be prior to the season. hope Benning doesn't do anything rash like trade our 1st

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Laughs fans think they just won the cup lmao, do they know that 3/4 of their roster are plugs and are probably gone next year.

lol I know right. No point in playing the rest of the season... let's award the cup to the Leafs right now.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
To the group of Leafs fans coming in to make smartmouthed comments:

This is not HFLeafs. You are not permitted to troll other teams' boards. If you don't like what you're reading, don't read it at all. Neutral board rules don't apply here.

There will be infractions handed out for anymore of this.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Bad game but whatever. Just can't stand losing to the Leafs

And I'm suprised it's so gloomy around here when some of you guys were advocating for a full on tank. Looks like you got your wish :help:

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Positives
- Jannik Hansen
- Miller had a SV% that wasn't below .900 (it was exactly .900)
- Shinkaruk has a smile that brightens up my day, even in the press box.

Negatives
- Everything else.

We still haven't won a game where Miller lets in more than 1 goal. It's also the 5th straight loss for Miller.

Before the season started I didn't think we were a playoff team, and I still think that. I think Anaheim will figure their **** out eventually, and San Jose is coming around (even with Couture not in the lineup). If Arizona manages to keep it up they might take a wildcard spot as well.

We should be giving Markstrom a lot more starts, Miller can't be the starter forever. I also still think WD is an overrated coach, this team has been a mess lately and Willie's constant questionable decisions are rustling my jimmies to the max.

But in the end...

Pretty much this, the Canucks have been playing pretty poorly the last couple of weeks really.

Why call up Hunter when he is sitting in the press box, my bet is that another rookie (or Sven, the guy we traded a 2nd rounder for and will never see what he can really do if given a chance) will need to sit for him to get into a game and even then it won't be in a top 6 role which he needs to succeed as he isn't going to be a bottom 6 NHLer.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is it time to get Horvat down to Utica?.....guy is delivering nothing on offense, and can't win a faceoff on the penalty kill....he needs to play 20 plus minutes in night in all situations...appears to have totally lost his confidence....if you want to take the longer term view, maybe he'd be better served in Utica.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
It's the nature of the beast. Nobody likes to lose, even when they want to.

I don't like to lose but when you take a deep breath you realize we have no shot in the playoffs with this roster. I want to win a cup and don't find much joy in losing in the 1st round. I also want this management team to realize that we will have to take some steps back to do so....This current core of prospects is still lacking elite talent. We have some nice pieces but still need the most important ones...1 C and 1 D which aren't easy to find if you're a middling team.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Is it time to get Horvat down to Utica?.....guy is delivering nothing on offense, and can't win a faceoff on the penalty kill....he needs to play 20 plus minutes in night in all situations...appears to have totally lost his confidence....if you want to take the longer term view, maybe he'd be better served in Utica.

Sending a player down doesn't help his confidence.

The problem is deployment by willie.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

I wondered this as well. somethings not right with Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad