Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
now they’re all coming out of the woodwork from Jesse’s tweet…where were you guys last season or even earlier? Lol

Badger Bob and Scotty Bowman both coached for this team so I'm not sure I'd call Sully the best one in franchise history lol

Reactions: PaulD and Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I sorta envy the Caps and their fans because that team just truly went full send on being awful. This team still carries themselves with the cockiness and arrogance of a team that is relevant, and not half a decade into irrelevance.

Reactions: Andy99

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
b16db029-52dc-415f-bdbe-c83292fb06fd_text.gif

Admittedly, this reference worked better with Shero as GM.

• Haha
Reactions: Ugene Magic

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Not that I'm disagreeing with you at all here, but I think it's also worth pointing out that 93 points today isn't the same as 93 points 5-10 years ago. Crosby and Malkin produce basically the same as Panarin and Tavares. Are those bad players? Of course not, but Panarin and Tavares sure as hell aren't what Crosby and Malkin used to be.

I think that's more than what we can ask of them at their ages anyway. Sully isn't doing them any favors

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I sorta envy the Caps and their fans because that team just truly went full send on being awful. This team still carries themselves with the cockiness and arrogance of a team that is relevant, and not half a decade into irrelevance.
Genuinely curious what Dubas will do.

Firing Sullivan is the only big move he can do short of doing something off the wall like trading Jake.

Or I guess Dubas could just throw up his hands and say welp we're old now not Sully's fault.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Take your meds.

Sid has been pretty sub par this season. So has the overall team performance, this is indicative of piss poor coaching. Sid has been infinitely more consistent over his career. The only consistence Sully has the passed 6 years, is terrible coaching
AWWWWWWW are you having a Sadz

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Good thing our coach that can't adjust his system to match an aging core hasn't even started his extension...

What a joke.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think a lot of this was mentioned in the off-season. In today's NHL you need scoring. It made me wonder WTH we were doing with the bottom 6. We have no middle 6 scoring anywhere. Not on the team or in the system.

We are top 6 heavy depending and it's just not as strong as we need it to be dependent.

EK was the x factor but he isn't making up the bottom 6 weakness on scoring.

I don't even think it's that. The problem is that this team still thinks Crosby and Malkin are 27 when they're just not that anymore.

If you'd swap out Crosby and Malkin for Panarin and Tavares on the Penguins roster, would anyone think this team would be a serious cup contender or even playoff team? I don't think so, but that's kinda what they are at this point. They have a good, but not great, top-6 where the team is built as if it's the best top-6 in hockey.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Genuinely curious what Dubas will do.

Firing Sullivan is the only big move he can do short of doing something off the wall like trading Jake.

Or I guess Dubas could just throw up his hands and say welp we're old now not Sully's fault.
Yeah, everybody's always like "There's no other option!" when talking about firing Sullivan or making a trade, but the team can very much still just do nothing and float lazily down the middle of the river as opposed to picking a lane. That's the Penguins Special tbh.

Reactions: Pancakes

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
This is the only PP that for some reason plays along the wall and waste precious seconds on PP. Sid and Jake are the worst when it comes to that

If the wall wasn't there, they try to get even further away from the net. I've said this before, but as a tactic, putting the puck on the boards should always be a last resort on the PP. It is the definition of losing.

Bad bounces, extra time to settle it down, turning body away from the net, I mean what positive thing comes from putting the puck on the boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad