Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
It is not a good thing for the NHL when the Stars have only given up 1 PP goal all season.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Reread what I said. My fight was scheduled 2 months from that day. It's not the reason I had to wait.

Second, fighters take time off after fights because the commitment going in. You are starving yourself, cutting weight and just going thru a grueling regimen. It has little to do with recovery if getting hit. I know pros that are right back in the ring or on the mat a week after a fight.

I wasn't laying there in out cold but dude rung my bell. Collected myself went back to workout and light sparring later.

A KO isn't a concussion.
This is absolutely not true, man. Not at all. You can have a concussion without being knocked out. If you're knocked out, you 1000000% have a concussion. Just 'having your bell rung' is a twentieth century mindset let alone laying face down on the ice.

UFC fighters will typically get a medical suspension for at least 3 months if they get even TKO'ed in a fight where they aren't supposed to do anything (whether they do or not is another question). If they get KO'ed to the point they are face down for an entire minute like Ludvig was, it's probably closer to 6 months. They can get it waived if they pass whatever tests, but again, Ludvig was face down for a minute. Passing those tests is going to be harder than if he "just had his bell rung".

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I'm seeing less and less of a reason to believe that this team is anything but exactly how they've performed this year.

The bottom-6 is doing what it is designed to do, they're getting exactly what they want out of that bottom-6 (low event defensive hockey). The issue is that the top-6 can't consistently score enough where a low event defensive bottom-6 works. You're not winning many games in the NHL if your top-6 is only putting up 2 goals a game, your bottom-6 can't produce and your powerplay doesn't work. That structure works if you're Toronto and have a prime aged core of Matthews, Marner, Nylander and such in your top-6. The Penguins have a late 30s Crosby and Malkin along with some complementary wingers.

That's not me blaming the top-6, it's that the fundamental structure of this team doesn't work because the top-6 isn't as good as Sullivan/Dubas thinks it is. The core players are no longer good enough where you can win games without getting depth scoring, nor is the defense/goaltending good enough to make up for that either. At the same time, you're spending so much money on the top-6 that you don't reasonably even have a way to help the bottom-6 production. I just don't know what you can even do with this team.

Jesse summed up what I said in 2 paragraphs in a single tweet.
I think a lot of this was mentioned in the off-season. In today's NHL you need scoring. It made me wonder WTH we were doing with the bottom 6. We have no middle 6 scoring anywhere. Not on the team or in the system.

We are top 6 heavy depending and it's just not as strong as we need it to be dependent.

EK was the x factor but he isn't making up the bottom 6 weakness on scoring.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Not through lack of effort. 93pts in 82 games at age 35 was pretty evident that he did more than you can ask of literally any 35+ year old player in the league
& he has been f***ing wonderful so far this season, It's like you are the last kid who still believes in Santa Claus & you lash out & blame everyone else for it

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not through lack of effort. 93pts in 82 games at age 35 was pretty evident that he did more than you can ask of literally any 35+ year old player in the league

Not that I'm disagreeing with you at all here, but I think it's also worth pointing out that 93 points today isn't the same as 93 points 5-10 years ago. Crosby and Malkin produce basically the same as Panarin and Tavares. Are those bad players? Of course not, but Panarin and Tavares sure as hell aren't what Crosby and Malkin used to be.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
If this trend continues the goalies pads must be shrunken or the nets or the ice must be expanded. You don't want teams to dominate that crazy on special teams PK.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
& he has been f***ing wonderful so far this season, It's like you are the last kid who still believes in Santa Claus & you lash out & blame everyone else for it

Take your meds.

Sid has been pretty sub par this season. So has the overall team performance, this is indicative of piss poor coaching. Sid has been infinitely more consistent over his career. The only consistence Sully has the passed 6 years, is terrible coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad