Post-Game Talk: | Game VI | Loss | Got nothin

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Eh, if we sat back and gave up the leads everyone would rightly complain. I think Sullivan actually deserves better this series. Can't believe the amount of criticism after what we've seen. But everyone picked sides long ago.

He can be fired end of season and I'd be fine. He record isn't spotless. He's had letdowns. But he's done right by this team in '22 I would say.

I know I'm a fool for even posting this.
Unfortunately many of the posters on this board need a scapegoat or whipping boy at all times. If they lose the series it won't be due to Sullivan, he's greatly outcoached the opposition the last two years.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately many of the posters on this board need a scapegoat or whipping boy at all times. If they lose the series it won't be due to Sullivan, he's greatly outcoached the opposition the last two years.
I don’t understand this. The one most important reason why we are at 3:3 is that our PP and PK are awful. That’s also part of coaching, it is obvious that our PK is slow, passive with a bad goalie. And it has been like that for half of the season. And nothing changed

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don’t understand this. The one most important reason why we are at 3:3 is that our PP and PK are awful. That’s also part of coaching, it is obvious that our PK is slow, passive with a bad goalie. And it has been like that for half of the season. And nothing changed
Yeah I mean, is special teams a "scapegoat" or like...the reason? Cause from here it looks a lot like the latter. Our 5-on-3 the last two games has been nothing short of pathetic.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

And the sun come up each morning in the west
the moon is made out cheese
my farts don't stink

just because you say something, doesn't make it true

Sully is the worst possible coach for this team. If you want to know why.......it's been posted already hundreds of times.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And the sun come up each morning in the west
the moon is made out cheese
my farts don't stink

just because you say something, doesn't make it true

Sully is the worst possible coach for this team. If you want to know why.......it's been posted already hundreds of times.
😜 @Honour Over Glory

1652572337677.jpeg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, I’m fine judging this team being unsuccessful in closing out this series due to inept special teams but the PK was very good in the regular season.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I mean, I’m fine judging this team being unsuccessful in closing out this series due to inept special teams but the PK was very good in the regular season.
PK was awful in the last 20 or 30 games, It was riding Jarry's incredible save percentage and HD chances soemthing over .900 which was unheard...He should ahve seen it coming and try to do something about and not throwing the same thing out there

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
PK was awful in the last 20 or 30 games, It was riding Jarry's incredible save percentage and HD chances soemthing over .900 which was unheard...He should ahve seen it coming and try to do something about and not throwing the same thing out there

The Curse of ZAR.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Are there splits on PK% versus playoff teams versus non-playoff teams?

I strongly suspect that the triangle + 1 doesn't work against good teams. Too much time/space to the guys up top. It also theoretically prevents cross-ice stuff...and yet we allow multiple cross-ice incisive passes seemingly every PK.

This one was a slow-motion train wreck that should have been addressed, and I do blame coaching.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Are there splits on PK% versus playoff teams versus non-playoff teams?

I strongly suspect that the triangle + 1 doesn't work against good teams. Too much time/space to the guys up top. It also theoretically prevents cross-ice stuff...and yet we allow multiple cross-ice incisive passes seemingly every PK.

This one was a slow-motion train wreck that should have been addressed, and I do blame coaching.

my guess is worse against PO teams…because when Jarry fell off from February on, our schedule got more difficult and we had to play more Metro playoff teams, along with the Bruins and EDM….Jarry was keeping our PK afloat and then the PK numbers took a tumble…more PO teams played plus a PK tumble is going to affect the stats negatively

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
it's more comical no one wants to question Sullivan at all given he's had more first round exits than that idiot Bylsma. But yeah sure.

If they ring up a quick one against Jars, the Garden is going to be insufferable.
Jarry has been taking shots for a week. I think he'd be ok. It'd be weathering the jitters in the first period but the team defense needs to show up and discipline. We know idiots like EROD can f*** up and keep playing so it really depends on how the PK shows up, team defense, and if Raks and Sid are good to go as well.

I don't give a f*** about Sully. I just want the Rangers out.

And yes I'm not a fan of Sully. When that Ian Cole stuff happened I lost respect for him and when he was in the middle of the Kessel and Malkin stuff, that too. Then he added the usage of young players on his list of weird shit and what not. It's funny how so many now will shit all over Bylsma but those same muppets will praise and advocate for Sullivan. The usage of DoC in the last game was just, more of the same from him and the lack of holding Rodrigues accountable.

Last edited:
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
my guess is worse against PO teams…because when Jarry fell off from February on, our schedule got more difficult and we had to play more Metro playoff teams, along with the Bruins and EDM….Jarry was keeping our PK afloat and then the PK numbers took a tumble…more PO teams played plus a PK tumble is going to affect the stats negatively
In Jarry's last 30 games, he played 23.

That has yet to sink in to blokes here for how ridiculous that is for usage of a starter that you need to keep fresh and sharp and not exhausted and risk injury.

23 out of 30 games.

Reactions: Andy99

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
In Jarry's last 30 games, he played 23.

That has yet to sink in to blokes here for how ridiculous that is for usage of a starter that you need to keep fresh and sharp and not exhausted and risk injury.

23 out of 30 games.
It's a lot but it's 63 games per 82. Vasilevskiy, Saros played more than that. Now when you consider Jarry ended up in 58 games and had never been tasked with more than 40 in the NHL, it's not that eyebrow raising. Keeping DeSmith fresh certainly didn't prevent his injury.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Is it part of coaching though, or is it the players? We've had these discussions about the PP here specifically for 15 years. There have been a slew of coaches behind the bench in that time.

The issue with the PP is that they allow it to flow through Letang and Geno and they are Tweedle D and Tweedle Dum in PP situations. No movement, stupid passes, bad decisions, no creativity.

I think Mike Matheson would be SO much better as the PPQB instead of Letang, but they will never take that responsibility off of Letang. The PP always looked signifcantly better with Schultz over Letang, IMO. That portion is on coaching. The fact they feel they owe Letang PP time is insane to me.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Is it part of coaching though, or is it the players? We've had these discussions about the PP here specifically for 15 years. There have been a slew of coaches behind the bench in that time.

The issue with the PP is that they allow it to flow through Letang and Geno and they are Tweedle D and Tweedle Dum in PP situations. No movement, stupid passes, bad decisions, no creativity.

I think Mike Matheson would be SO much better as the PPQB instead of Letang, but they will never take that responsibility off of Letang. The PP always looked signifcantly better with Schultz over Letang, IMO. That portion is on coaching. The fact they feel they owe Letang PP time is insane to me.
I would be ecstatic if they replaced Letang with Matheson. Letang is so frustrating with his constant pump fakes, delays in shooting, and inability to pass to Malkin’s wheelhouse. That one timer is a great weapon but Letang neutralizes it 90% of the time. His function at this point is basically to use his speed to recover for either his or Malkin’s turnovers. Matheson can do that and his shot is a threat. They won’t make the change.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
The same people. The same scapegoats. The same garbage. Over and over again.

Yeah like Sullivan tells #71 not to shoot on the Power Play.

You don't know what you're watching.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The same people. The same scapegoats. The same garbage. Over and over again.

Yeah like Sullivan tells #71 not to shoot on the Power Play.

You don't know what you're watching.
back to the ignore list. Your posts are insufferable.

I have one question for the Reirden defenders. If his message to the players is to simplify, crash the net, and shoot…what’s all the wild gesticulating and drawing he does on the whiteboard for a solid 30 seconds before our PPs? How come nothing changes personnel wise or position wise if the players aren’t executing his strategy? If one of our strategies is for Malkin to use his one-timer, how come he is most often positioned on the left side or down low?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
back to the ignore list. Your posts are insufferable.

I have one question for the Reirden defenders. If his message to the players is to simplify, crash the net, and shoot…what’s all the wild gesticulating and drawing he does on the whiteboard for a solid 30 seconds before our PPs? How come nothing changes personnel wise or position wise if the players aren’t executing his strategy?

Censor all the opinions that don't match yours. Seems like a real open way to live.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yeah but isn’t personnel decisions on the PP and PK “coaching”?….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad